Habs score 10 goals against Detroit

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Nothing like having Pacioretty in your pool, see the Canadiens score 10, then see he got 0 points...

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Weird to see Montreal score so much but Detroit is definitely a team you can bury.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
He should be fired because Detroits roster is laughable and they have one of the worst D lineups in the league? So you think that if they fired him some other coach could come in and turns this team around?

They need to continue losing and get high picks. This recent loosing streak in combination of Montreal putting a beating on them is the best thing that has happened to Detroit this year. Get some good top picks to add to this team while Mantha and Larkin are young. While we still have Zetterberg to mentor these guys. Get rid of everyone else.

Nope.Nope. He should be fired because he isn't an NHL head coach and wouldn't have a job as one if it weren't for Detroit. I don't think the guy should get to keep his job he isn't qualified for just because the roster is crap.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
#10Goalin4Dahlin

We already got Dahlin :sarcasm:

0SvGCi2.png
4862-15Fr.jpg

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Nothing like having Pacioretty in your pool, see the Canadiens score 10, then see he got 0 points...

Back in the mid 70S, I'm in a season long hockey pool whether you pick players who are accumulate the most scoring points. Last game of the season, the powerhouse Habs play the terrible Washington. I should win the pool as I have Schutt, Lemaire, Robinson and I believe Savard. Habs rest as many starters as they can, and their 3rd and 4th got lots of ice team. Final score was 2-1, not the 6-2 game I expected. Lost the pool on that final night. We still have the the regular season and also the playoff pool. Started in 1969, I was late comer in 1974.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Oh how the mighty have fallen. This is just one loss but it is part of a time bomb that been ticking for a couple years now.

The loss of some of the best players in the league to retirement/leaving/aging, the salary cap, the bad long term contracts they have given to middling players and all the draft picks they traded away during the glory years of winning/trying to win cups have finally caught up to them the past two years. They also have a dinosaur of a GM that I question his ability to rebuild the team and what looks like an over his head coach. It's understandable why things don't look so good right now.

They had a 25 year run of great success that any hockey city would be envious of. Being born and raised in Detroit and being a former fan of the Wings during the Dead Thing era, I know what it meant to me to have a team to be proud of. After so many years of sustained success this downturn must be disappointing to all Wings fans. They are not completely out of it but they do not appear to be a playoff caliber team again this year.

On a positive note they have a few young players that are promising. It's time for a rebuild and a few down years. Hopefully for Wings fans, management will get their heads straight and turn the reigns over to someone that can accomplish that.

Reactions: RedMenace and Trizz

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Oh how the mighty have fallen. This is just one loss but it is part of a time bomb that been ticking for a couple years now.

The loss of some of the best players in the league to retirement/leaving/aging, the salary cap, the bad long term contracts they have given to middling players and all the draft picks they traded away during the glory years of winning/trying to win cups have finally caught up to them the past two years. They also have a dinosaur of a GM that I question his ability to rebuild the team and what looks like an over his head coach. It's understandable why things don't look so good right now.

They had a 25 year run of great success that any hockey city would be envious of. Being born and raised in Detroit and being a former fan of the Wings during the Dead Thing era, I know what it meant to me to have a team to be proud of. After so many years of sustained success this downturn must be disappointing to all Wings fans. They are not completely out of it but they do not appear to be a playoff caliber team again this year.

On a positive note they have a few young players that are promising. It's time for a rebuild and a few down years. Hopefully for Wings fans, management will get their heads straight and turn the reigns over to someone that can accomplish that.

stay strong my dude, i'd rather have success for a long run and then crash, refill and be strong again than be mediocre for years.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Only thing Leafs have been doing for the last 11 years. (for the 3 times they actually made it to the playoffs)

They've only made the playoffs twice in the last 13 years. They last won a playoff round in 2004. Since then, they didn't make them again until 2013 then missed them the three seasons following that, then made them again last year.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
stay strong my dude, i'd rather have success for a long run and then crash, refill and be strong again than be mediocre for years.

Thanks but I moved to Columbus in 1998 the year before the CBJ's became a team. They are my team now. I don't relate to the Wings team anymore or their players. I just understand since I still have family and friends there.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Weird to see the score, especially if you grew up while Detroit was pretty much the benchmark for a winning/contending team.
It's what happens as the result of having an incompetent GM, an AHL Coach, and not having a defense since Lidstrom retired, and the organization kidding itself into thinking everything is perfectly ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad