Habs score 10 goals against Detroit

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Seven times in the past 30 years the Red Wings have allowed 10 or more goals against. Six of those seven occurred during 1988-1993... and the seventh was last night. (They allowed 11 against Philly in February '88, during what was otherwise a solid and defensively strong season for them, 1987-88.)

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
They are not going to squeek in. They have always been the second best team in the division behind Tampa Bay. At least when Price is at his usual level, which he is now. As I've said on many occasions, the Habs will finish ahead of the Leafs and will play against them in the first round. We'll see how Price can do against Matthews then, because Auston has had his number until now.

The habs have neither centres or a defenceman who can move the puck. I would be shocked to see a team like that make the playoffs.

Habs are far worse than Tampa, Toronto, Boston and Ottawa.

Reactions: Peanut

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
The habs have neither centres or a defenceman who can move the puck. I would be shocked to see a team like that make the playoffs.

I disagree with Toronto, Ottawa and Boston. All 3 of those teams are trash af and are going nowhere for a while. Tampa is going to be running the Atlantic for the next 5 years.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

They always beat Ottawa easily, though. Boston are mediocre. What saves TO is Matthews and Anderson.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec

I wonder what will be your excuse when they finish ahead of all those teams except for Tampa Bay. :laugh::laugh:

Edit: Actually, don't even say anything... I already know. Price. It explains everything for the nay-sayers.

Reactions: David Suzuki

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Habs are 8-2-1 vs the Atlantic division. They always have a good divisional record and thats a key stat IMO. unless you face a team from the Metro (like last season).

I can smell a Habs vs Leafs playoff round....Finally!!!!

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I wonder what will be your excuse when they finish ahead of all those teams except for Tampa Bay. :laugh::laugh:

Edit: Actually, don't even say anything... I already know. Price. It explains everything for the nay-sayers.

Before you get too excited, maybe let them get on a roll against some quality. On their recent 5 game roll they have played the 31st overall team, the 28th overall team, the 26th overall team twice and only Columbus (6th overall) of any quality. Those three bottom end teams have combined for 6 total wins in their past 35 games played. Further, the Habs have outscored their opposition 24-6 in that frame yet still sit at -8.

Maybe they have turned a corner but it would help to see it against some real competition.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Before you get too excited, maybe let them get on a roll against some quality. On their recent 5 game roll they have played the 31st overall team, the 28th overall team, the 26th overall team twice and only Columbus (6th overall) of any quality. Those three bottom end teams have combined for 6 total wins in their past 35 games played. Further, the Habs have outscored their opposition 24-6 in that frame yet still sit at -8.

Maybe they have turned a corner but it would help to see it against some real competition.

That guy has so much blind faith that I'd honestly put him on suicide watch when the Habs start losing again.

Reactions: Peanut

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
That guy has so much blind faith that I'd honestly put him on suicide watch when the Habs start losing again.

Not particularly familiar with the poster but out of curiosity, even if you go back 20 games or so (remove their 1-7 start) to when their record is pretty good, they haven't played much quality (seems like a very easy schedule). Of their 12 wins, they came against 31st, 31st, 29th, 28th, 28th, 26th, 26th, 19th, 15th, 10th, 6th, 2nd. Losses came against 30th, 18th, 18th, 11th, 7th, 6th, 4th, 3rd.

Set the cut off where you will but that means when removing their rough start, they are 4-7 against teams in the top 18. Obviously a selective interpretation. Anyhow, will be interesting when they start consistently playing tougher teams. That's the test.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
All the Capitals jokes are overused. The Stanley Cups, the regular season banners, the Washington Mystics attendance banner, I've heard them all.

Come on, you can chirp better than that ;)
Hey the mystics banner is better than all of the Flames banners.

Except the cup of course but just a funny fact/stat I thought I'd bring up.

Super Fadio Bro

MAMA MIA!!!
Jan 12, 2009
Somewhere
Seven times in the past 30 years the Red Wings have allowed 10 or more goals against. Six of those seven occurred during 1988-1993... and the seventh was last night. (They allowed 11 against Philly in February '88, during what was otherwise a solid and defensively strong season for them, 1987-88.)

They allowed 10 goals to the Blues during the 2010-11 season.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Hey the mystics banner is better than all of the Flames banners.

Except the cup of course but just a funny fact/stat I thought I'd bring up.

I just looked it up and yes, the Flames have too many useless banners. At least us in Washington, we took down the Mystics attendance banner and put all the Presidents' Trophies on one single banner.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

MrGold

Mark Scheifele is a piece of ****
Jan 7, 2012

According to Kris Draper, that was the "start" of the rivalry between Colorado - Detroit.

There Will Be Blood | By Kris Draper
Roy was traded to the Avalanche a few days later. That was the moment when the whole rivalry between us and Colorado got its spark. He never forgot what we did to him at the Forum. From that moment on, he took it to another level when he played us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad