News Article: Habs Reportedly Looking Into Launching Their Own Streaming Service

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It's gotten worse over time. Currently, The idiot twins on 690, D'Amico, Cowan, Basu, Mapper, Jack Todd, all those guys are going to bat and acting as a glorified PR team for the new regime.

There's professional, and then there's fighting on Twitter with people who talk negatively about the team, or specifically regurgitating Canadiens PR points in their articles.

I think it might be a combination of Chantal running the PR department with an iron fist (if you don't tow the company line, you lose access to the cool kids table) and the apathy that's come with the Canadiens sucking for a prolonged period of time. I think the leeches that feed off the Canadiens have seen a dip in interest and revenue, which has caused them to go into full panic optimist positive mode at all times.

I think you're making a whole lot of assumptions based on folks in media not being mad like you are.

Keep enjoying that mediocrity, brother :)

Yeah, uh, all your anger is making quite the difference?

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
I think you're making a whole lot of assumptions based on folks in media not being as mad as you are.

It has nothing to do with being angry. It has to do with balanced reporting. Half the fanbase had a meltdown over the Reinbacher pick, for example. Instead of acting like journalists and investigating the reasons for that in a balanced way, they went into ultra defense propaganda mode, fighting with people online and callers on their radio station in the case of 690.

That's not professional. It's being a shill.

Further, they tried to lump people who didn't like the pick in with a small amount of lunatics that were harassing Reinbacher.

We're in a rebuild LMAO

I'm talking about the perpetual mediocrity. I was in favor of the rebuild. If they'd actually gotten some f***ing talent in it.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It has nothing to do with being angry. It has to do with balanced reporting. Half the fanbase had a meltdown over the Reinbacher pick, for example. Instead of acting like journalists and investigating the reasons for that in a balanced way, they went into ultra defense propaganda mode, fighting with people online and callers on their radio station in the case of 690.

That's not professional. It's being a shill.

Further, they tried to lump people who didn't like the pick in with a small amount of lunatics that were harassing Reinbacher.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that the morons who acted out like monkeys over the Reinbacher pick should have been treated seriously?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Media articles did go into depth as to why and the pros and cons of the pick. Your post is absurd. Full stop.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I live in Toronto is there a package for me to watch all Habs games?
You would likely need to pay extra for TVASports and RDS, I imagine they share games, but don't have a blackout restriction.

As far as I can tell, the blackout restriction only relates to tsn games.

Since you're in Toronto, you'd be in the Leafs region and Habs (and sens) games would be blacked out.

I made this big space so mods can erase this easily if it's against the ToS.

You can get a VPN. You probably watch some YouTube channels that are usually sponsored by a VPN and give a discount so you can get one for 60 bucks a year. If not, I can send you a link to one of the few I watch that advertises it. Trilogy MEDIA is a huge one and they've aligned with Guardio. I'm not entirely sure if there's a VPN that's easiest, or better than the others.

The other benefit is you can get more access to Netflix shows, Hulu, etc.

There's also a thing called StreamLocator Hub. Not entirely sure what that is, at it was a Google response to the blackout situation.

The way to get them and more would NHL live, or whatever it is, but that's fairly expensive AND when I did have it a few years ago I still got blacked out games, so I stopped after 1 season of using it.

There are other ways that are no Bueno with the mods, but they're usually low quality, or have streaming issues. Some you still need a VPN anyways, or they have a stupid ass chat and you gotta close, otherwise you hear a noise everything someone talks. Others you click on the feed, it opens an ad. You click to unmute it and it opens an ad. You click full screen and it opens another ad.

Anyone work in anything related to TV know why they would do blackouts? I guess so the providers can easily divide up the area and max out their money, as you'll likely need 2 rather than 1 ?

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Are you seriously trying to suggest that the morons who acted out like monkeys over the Reinbacher pick should have been treated seriously?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The people that didn't like the pick are called fans. Those fans are allowed to have "opinions." Them having opinions that are different than yours does not make them morons in the same way that I don't think someone who like the pick (other than McCagg) is a moron.

Media articles did go into depth as to why and the pros and cons of the pick. Your post is absurd. Full stop.

b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surejan.2x.h473.w710.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
You would likely need to pay extra for TVASports and RDS, I imagine they share games, but don't have a blackout restriction.

As far as I can tell, the blackout restriction only relates to tsn games.

Since you're in Toronto, you'd be in the Leafs region and Habs (and sens) games would be blacked out.

I made this big space so mods can erase this easily if it's against the ToS.

You can get a VPN. You probably watch some YouTube channels that are usually sponsored by a VPN and give a discount so you can get one for 60 bucks a year. If not, I can send you a link to one of the few I watch that advertises it. Trilogy MEDIA is a huge one and they've aligned with Guardio. I'm not entirely sure if there's a VPN that's easiest, or better than the others.

The other benefit is you can get more access to Netflix shows, Hulu, etc.

There's also a thing called StreamLocator Hub. Not entirely sure what that is, at it was a Google response to the blackout situation.

The way to get them and more would NHL live, or whatever it is, but that's fairly expensive AND when I did have it a few years ago I still got blacked out games, so I stopped after 1 season of using it.

There are other ways that are no Bueno with the mods, but they're usually low quality, or have streaming issues. Some you still need a VPN anyways, or they have a stupid ass chat and you gotta close, otherwise you hear a noise everything someone talks. Others you click on the feed, it opens an ad. You click to unmute it and it opens an ad. You click full screen and it opens another ad.

Anyone work in anything related to TV know why they would do blackouts? I guess so the providers can easily divide up the area and max out their money, as you'll likely need 2 rather than 1 ?

Thanks for the rundown, I was more so hoping someone would have a package that I could just buy. Bit alas it would appear not.

I can't believe it's 2023 and I can't just pay a streaming service and get all the montreal games.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
The people that didn't like the pick are called fans. Those fans are allowed to have "opinions." Them having opinions that are different than yours do not make them morons in the same way that i don't think someone who like the pick (other than McCagg) is a moron.

b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surejan.2x.h473.w710.jpg
Yeah, I think you might be in the majority here, mate.

People who went overboard in their reaction (particularly the extreme negative) are the morons that have been addressed. They aren't morons because they have their views, but some of their actions are such that make them the morons. This isn't a battle of opinions, but being a decent human being. So no, they aren't lumping people who like and pick vs not like the pick, but lumping those who acted like buffoons into their own special category while letting the debates ensue amongst the rest of the fanbase.

As for the pick and the in-depth, I know that I found a lot of information discussing the Reinbacher pick, and the pros and cons, and if we should have reached more for someone with a higher ceiling, vs going with a really solid defensive pick.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
The entire existing system is going to get whacked - TV & Radio.

Cable, as in internet providers, will make out like bandits as the need for more bandwidth will only increase.

It’s killing Telcos actually, internet plans are already unlimited and more and more streaming is just putting pressure on the network and no one (rightly) wants to pay for more speed. Netflix is making $ by selling 4K plans to customers and Telcos end up with more bandwidth used but no additional revenues.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
Regional blackouts are cancer.

I'm all for a streaming platform that can be purchased and used all over the world.

However, I'm a bit concerned about he Habs controlling the broadcast? The Habs PR machine is huge and very controlling. Are we going to have broadcast and commentary that is effectively a massive propaganda engine?

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Thanks for the rundown, I was more so hoping someone would have a package that I could just buy. Bit alas it would appear not.

I can't believe it's 2023 and I can't just pay a streaming service and get all the montreal games.
I live in Toronto, I have SNNow+, the only game that you wouldn't get is if by some chance the Leafs and Habs are playing a regional TSN game at the same time. I think it didn't have 1 last year

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Who listen to hockey on radio in 2023? Beside truck/taxi drivers?

-

The Montreal Canadiens and the Seattle Kraken are tied at 2 with 3:32 left in the 1st period, this faceoff is presented by Lays, the official potato chip of the NHLPA.

1930s-family.jpg
When you're busy doing something else. I do it all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad