Confirmed with Link: Habs re-sign Budaj for two years @ 1.4M AAV

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
That's ok with me, unless he signs an extension for significantly less money. I would be ok with annual contracts starting with around $3M (or less if he declines more) for 2014-15.

With all the young players we have in the system and on the team already I'm sorry but there is no more room for him going forward beyond next season, Captain or not it's time to move on

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
With all the young players we have in the system and on the team already I'm sorry but there is no more room for him going forward beyond next season, Captain or not it's time to move on

If he is still useful, why not, as long as it is for the right cap hit?

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
Great signing. I've been impressed by his play so far. He is a great insurance policy in case anything were to ever happen to Price, and seems like a great team guy who doesn't mind his role as well.

Another nice move by MB!

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If he is still useful, why not, as long as it is for the right cap hit?

At this point I'm 50-50 on it...because we'll have to see in a year or 15 months what the possibilities look like on RW and up front in general. I'm not 100% sold on letting him walk or bringing him back...let's see how LeBlanc Kristo Holland and co do the next 9-12 months and then decide.

I agree though that Gionta would need to take a pay cut if he is brought back. Possibly the same for Markov but the market for D-men is a lot deeper so we may have to sign him for 3 more years or around the same money for 2...worth it though...2 years at 11 mil or 3 years at 15-15.5 mil front loaded(6-5-4).

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
The Habs don't have any goalie prospects pushing for jobs, and free agents probably aren't thrilled about signing to play 10 games backing up Price... in that light, this is a good signing. Likeable, 30 year old, league average backup for a manageable cap hit.

That might be a problem...

Think MB would do it at 2 years 11 mil or 3 years and 15.75 mil?

Regarding Ryder: he didn't turn into a true 18% shooter at 33 years old, just like he wasn't a true 9% shooter 3 years ago. I'm all for re-signing him, but not at a contract based on this season's production.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
Regarding Ryder: he didn't turn into a true 18% shooter at 33 years old, just like he wasn't a true 9% shooter 3 years ago. I'm all for re-signing him, but not at a contract based on this season's production.

Agreed 100%. I love the guy and what he brings to the table, but with our young core pushing more every day, hopefully he can take a discount to stay close to home and play for a contending team.

I'd give him 4.5 over 2 though. No longer than that. Basically replace Cole's contract with Ryders.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Great signing. I've been impressed by his play so far. He is a great insurance policy in case anything were to ever happen to Price, and seems like a great team guy who doesn't mind his role as well.

Another nice move by MB!

Yep I agree! Good Move!

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Working with Pierre Groulx is doing wonders for Buds. Good for the guy, seems like an awesome teammate, more than decent back-up too. Could be a starter for at least 5 teams in this leagues and do better than whoever they have at the moment.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Awesome!! That's a great contract, for Budaj and for the Habs. Congrats again, Bergy, on yet another solid move.

I doubt Tokarski will be ready two years from now, let alone next year.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
According to capgeek, we have under 4M left to spend. If Kaberle they buyout Kaberle we would have 8M to spend for 2-3 forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad