Confirmed with Link: Habs re-sign Budaj for two years @ 1.4M AAV

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
LOVE THIS!!!! I was afraid he wouldn't want to play with no chance at number one. Very happy he decided to stay, and he's definetly earned some starts and this extension.:nod:

jake08

Apr 6, 2013
Good signing, good locker room guy, great leader off the ice and has showed up big for the habs this season.. Well deserved.

Shadyone33

Aug 14, 2007
Toronto
Glad to see this news. Hey, did anyone notice they spelled his name wrong on the TSN site? They headline of the video clip says Dubaj instead of Budaj...Hahaha

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Good stuff. I had thought about doing a UFAs we should resign thread but thought it a bit early. Anyway, was thinking Budaj for 2 years with a raise so this is right there. Also thinking Halpern for a year at his current contract because he didn't seem to be in demand but we sure as hell can use him.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Well deserved. I had my doubts about Budaj, but this year he has shown he can be a more than capable backup. Hell, he could probably be a starter for some teams!

Good to know we have a very capable backup for the next two years, which can take some of the load off of Price.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
A good goalie pair that's getting along well, where both are happy with their role, no drama whatsoever.

That's luxury we did not get often in the last few decades :laugh:.

Good signing, good contract. I would feel safe for some time with Budaj if Price got injured.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
another good pick up by Gauthier ;)

No matter how obvious this was, some fans are reluctant to give Gauthier credit for his personnel moves. Emelin also wasn't enough for them; nor were Bourque, Price and Eller (vs. Halak), Cole, Desharnais, Diaz, Moen, and the second round picks he acquired in trades.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Colorado is in a state of rubbishness now. I'm pretty sure Budaj is glad he's out of that cesspool of incompetence. I think he didn't even have a goalie coach there.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
No matter how obvious this was, some fans are reluctant to give Gauthier credit for his personnel moves. Emelin also wasn't enough for them; nor were Bourque, Price and Eller (vs. Halak), Cole, Desharnais, Diaz, Moen, and the second round picks he acquired in trades.

His personality is the main reason for the lack of credit he gets.

Then again a good signing with a nice cap I like it !

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
I admit that I stopped following Habs in protest after they traded Halak :laugh: but how do you guys know Budaj is such a popular locker-room guy? Some interviews with him/teammates? Could you maybe link some? I am genuinely interested.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
I admit that I stopped following Habs in protest after they traded Halak :laugh: but how do you guys know Budaj is such a popular locker-room guy? Some interviews with him/teammates? Could you maybe link some? I am genuinely interested.

Journalists that travel with the team and go to every practice etc. they all said the same thing, that he is very very popular in the room and amongst his teammates.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

You mean;

A guy who was drafted in 2004 (Emelin), a forward we got back in exchange for a better hockey player that we could have traded for even more had we waited before trading him (Bourque), an obvious decision (Price), a guy who is now known for being part of the most lopsided deal of the year (Cole) in our advantage, a guy signed by Gainey in 2007 (Desharnais), a d-man who played 19 games this season (Diaz), a guy who was signed by Gainey, and then re-signed by Bergevin (Moen), and the second round picks he got back after years of trading them away for patch jobs?

Yeah. Definitely deserves tons of credit for building this success story the Habs have been this season! :nod:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Solid back-up.. won games this season. Seems like a great guy on the bench and in the locker room. Relishes his role and understands it.

I'm comfortable with Budaj in net if Price is out for a week or so during the season.

HarlemsFinest

teh gallys!!1
Jul 2, 2009
Montreal
www.montrealracing.com
i gave him some **** his first two games. but the guy had a long off season, i shoulda given him a break. not like anything i said resulted in anything on the ice. just admitting i was wrong. he's been solid for us. he earned the extension.

JesusBouillon

Jan 29, 2009
LOVE THIS!!!! I was afraid he wouldn't want to play with no chance at number one. Very happy he decided to stay, and he's definetly earned some starts and this extension.:nod:

There's not many teams in the league he'd have a realistic shot at #1, if any. I think he understands what his role will be for the remainder of his NHL career.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
another good pick up by Gauthier ;)

You know whats funny. The day Gauthier signed Cole and Budaj I was thinking well Cole no doubt will last longer than Budaj. There is just no way. Fast forward a year and a half looks like I have been proven wrong :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->