Confirmed with Link: Habs re-sign Budaj for two years @ 1.4M AAV

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Since he got 2 years.

I expect a lower cap hit than expected.

MB problably wanted a 1 year 1.5-1.6M contract.

Budaj wanted 2 years so he took a little less money.

1.3-1.4M per year is my guess.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Here is a guy who deserves raise and extension. (not so much cube, but w/e he's doing good i guess..)

neil2005

May 2, 2012
Good numbers. The only bad contracts Bergevin has given out so far is Moen's 4 year deal, and the Desharnais resigning

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Good numbers. The only bad contracts Bergevin has given out so far is Moen's 4 year deal, and the Desharnais resigning

and I don't think both will hurt us in the sense that both can be moved. Teams always look for players like Moen and DD can help out teams his contract isn't that bad. We aren't stuck IMO like contracts of Kaberle and Gionta that no one would touch

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Funny how no one wanted him back after his first few games this season. We are fickle.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
and I don't think both will hurt us in the sense that both can be moved. Teams always look for players like Moen and DD can help out teams his contract isn't that bad. We aren't stuck IMO like contracts of Kaberle and Gionta that no one would touch

I agree about Kaberle, but I think Gionta would find a few takers in the off season. It would basically be one year at 5 million. He's still good for an average of 20-25 goals a year while also being a leader. Teams look for these types of guys. It would need to be a team with some cap space obviously, but considering the free agent market sucks, it could be a good short term option for a team.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I agree about Kaberle, but I think Gionta would find a few takers in the off season. It would basically be one year at 5 million. He's still good for an average of 20-25 goals a year while also being a leader. Teams look for these types of guys.

I'd be really happy if Bergevin would move him, summer or even next trade deadline just get something like the Sharks did this year with their UFA to be

neil2005

May 2, 2012

Well Kaberle will be bought out this summer, and I honestly believe with 1 year left on his contract Gionta can be moved maybe back to the Devils to play with his brother. As far as Desharnais is concerned I never liked that contract from the first moment I heard about it. Has not played the same since the contract was signed, and right now he's takin up minutes that Eller and Galchenyuk have earned.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Well Kaberle will be bought out this summer, and I honestly believe with 1 year left on his contract Gionta can be moved maybe back to the Devils to play with his brother. As far as Desharnais is concerned I never liked that contract from the first moment I heard about it. Has not played the same since the contract was signed, and right now he's takin up minutes that Eller and Galchenyuk have earned.

If Gionta is moved to the Devils we will be retaining salary cause there is no way Lou is going to pay him that much!

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Good news, Budaj has been awesome in his recent starts. MT rewards him with a start tomorrow in Buffalo.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Good move. He has played well and deserves it. Also seems like a very good guy and teammate.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Solid backup, and seems like a good teammate/well liked in room.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'd be really happy if Bergevin would move him, summer or even next trade deadline just get something like the Sharks did this year with their UFA to be

That's ok with me, unless he signs an extension for significantly less money. I would be ok with annual contracts starting with around $3M (or less if he declines more) for 2014-15.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00