Post-Game Talk: Habs @ Rangers 1/29/15 Mod warning in post #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I expect better from you than this. Would I have scratched Glass for Miller?--yeah but Glass had nothing to do with the loss here. And I doubt seriously that Miller would have had any more luck against Price than the rest of the team did. Henrik was having a really good game until he blinked and let in a weak one. That's why we lost. From the 2nd period on this game looked destined for OT--as a 0-0 tie. Henrik ****ed it up--not Glass.

Would I mind if the Rangers moved Glass? Not at all--again though pinning the blame on him every time we lose is not right and not fair.

Everytime Glass plays that means the Rangers aren't putting out their best lineup and aren't giving themselves the best chance to win. Doesn't matter if he directly had nothing to do with the loss.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
It still came with the caveat, "he's a human being".

Yeah, because he is. People have unrealistic expectations of him. Like it was said earlier, he's not a robot.

Most have no idea what its like because they've never played the position. Bad goals happen. Sometimes bad goals happen at bad times. It's part of the position.

It's unfortunate that all the saves he made earlier in the game get forgotten about. He gave the team a chance to win, and was directly responsible for them not winning the game. It's not easy.

Time to move on and focus on the next one. All you can do.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Lundqvist needs to stop that one. He'll tell you that. Everyone will tell you that. That said, he was by far the Rangers best player until that point.

The far more pressing issue is it seems like an offense that was probably overachieving the first half of the season has crashed down to earth. The 3rd and 4th lines do not provide a theat whatsoever when they step on the ice. Nash has quieted down. MSL is barely noticeable. Kreider and, especially, Zuccarello have been disappointing all year and are getting worse.

Silver lining, I thought Staal looked great.

Thought he was the best Ranger. Better than hank. Who outside of the end of the 1st didn't have to be thaaaaat great.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
staal and hank were our best players.

hank made the worst play of the night but really, we were already down 1-0.

scoring zero goals lost us the game. don't kid yourself.

defensively were very good. offensively we need some work.

move on and maybe score some goals wed perhaps ?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Thought Stepan was really good too.

Zuccarello needs to wake up. Is he injured?

been playing with a flu I believe. That bugger has been nasty, I got it a few weeks ago and it set me back a good two weeks... Worst off I got it right after I got a stomach virus that was also going around...

Not to mention mumps has been all over the place--he's probably still playing sick... Even then, I thought he played a decent game--was back checking regularly, had some nice stick checks, and threw the body.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Didn't even watch this game. Thank god I didn't. Would have just made my day worse. The lack of scoring is concerning. Not a reason to make a panic move but it is something to keep an eye on. Someone with more time may be able to look this up but it seems as if we are inconsistent when it comes to scoring. We score in bunches and then not at all. Could be my memory but that is what it seems like to me. It isn't a problem now but it COULD hinder us if we want to go far in the playoffs.

been playing with a flu I believe. That bugger has been nasty, I got it a few weeks ago and it set me back a good two weeks... Worst off I got it right after I got a stomach virus that was also going around...

Not to mention mumps has been all over the place--he's probably still playing sick... Even then, I thought he played a decent game--was back checking regularly, had some nice stick checks, and threw the body.

I didn't feel 100% for a couple of weeks after getting the flu this year. It was awful. Definitely will effect a player.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

Seems like he's been playing with the flu since October.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
No, last year was just one of those years. I'm so glad we didn't give him a long term deal.

Sather isn't stupid. Zuccarello is a nice story, but he isn't very effective in the NHL at his size. I want the Rangers to get BIG, FAST, and MEAN. This is the recipe for success in the new NHL.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Age.

Also don't know if he's saving something for the playoffs. because after he was traded, he didn't do a whole lot until the playoffs.
If he looks old in the playoffs, I would move on.

Agreed. Need to move on from MSL. That again, was a nice story last year. Trade gave him some juice, his mother passing away and everything that went along with that propelled him and the team into a nice run, but he isn't getting younger, and he most certainly will never get bigger.

Enough smurfs, get guys with size, who can skate.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Sather isn't stupid. Zuccarello is a nice story, but he isn't very effective in the NHL at his size. I want the Rangers to get BIG, FAST, and MEAN. This is the recipe for success in the new NHL.

tl;dr Full season and SCF run too small sample size

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Hank gave up a stinker. No question.

That being said, he gave the team a chance to win. They didn't do the same for him.

Vickers8

Tough too be hard on Hank, he played great but Pacioretty's goal was garbage and you have to score to win...how much of a ***** is Subban?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Agreed. Need to move on from MSL. That again, was a nice story last year. Trade gave him some juice, his mother passing away and everything that went along with that propelled him and the team into a nice run, but he isn't getting younger, and he most certainly will never get bigger.

Enough smurfs, get guys with size, who can skate.

These guys don't grow on trees.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Are we really implying that size is why we lost again?

Not at all, just a general statement on where i wish the direction of the team was headed. Hoping for bigger/faster guys to fill out the roster instead of smurfs.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Everytime Glass plays that means the Rangers aren't putting out their best lineup and aren't giving themselves the best chance to win. Doesn't matter if he directly had nothing to do with the loss.

It's no reason to jump all over him for every time we do lose. If he makes mistakes that lead to a loss--then fine. If he's not culpable--give it some slack.

Personally I think Zucc has disappeared for a while--Brassard and Nash haven't been so hot the last few games either. I wouldn't blame them for last night's loss though.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hank gave up a stinker. No question.

That being said, he gave the team a chance to win. They didn't do the same for him.

When you give up a goal in a tied a game with less than 5 minutes to go how are you giving your team a chance to win? I guess I'd understand your reasoning if the Rangers were outshot 40-20 or something, but this seems like an evenly played defensive game.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
While I completely agree that Hank letting in that goal (especially at that moment in the game) was dreadful and he just has to make that save... the team wins and loses as a team.

NO ONE SCORED! The best could've hoped for is A point. Yeah maybe Klein does something amazing in OT again but they're snake bitten ATM

It is what it is... they're not scoring right now. They desperately need to get things going again offensively.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
When you give up a goal in a tied a game with less than 5 minutes to go how are you giving your team a chance to win? I guess I'd understand your reasoning if the Rangers were outshot 40-20 or something, but this seems like an evenly played defensive game.

I think his point is, that it's impossible to win a hockey game if you score 0 goals.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Lundqvist needs to stop that one. He'll tell you that. Everyone will tell you that. That said, he was by far the Rangers best player until that point.

The far more pressing issue is it seems like an offense that was probably overachieving the first half of the season has crashed down to earth. The 3rd and 4th lines do not provide a theat whatsoever when they step on the ice. Nash has quieted down. MSL is barely noticeable. Kreider and, especially, Zuccarello have been disappointing all year and are getting worse.

Silver lining, I thought Staal looked great.

C'mon, Kreider has been playing his best hockey since the start of the season over the last 12 games. He was disappointing in the aftermath of his grandfather passing away, but he's been solid to start the new year.

I also don't think the offense has come crashing back to earth. We're two games removed from putting up 3 goals against the Sens, and the game prior to that was a 5-2 thrashing of the Pens. What I do think is evident that despite the running myth that physical hockey is disappearing, it's becoming more apparent that the Rangers aren't suited to match up against physical teams. The Islanders and Bolts both have an equal mix of creativity and grit up front, and the Habs have more snarl than the Rangers do; even if they have to get part of it from Dale Weise. The Habs also combine that with a lot of speed up front, which certainly seems to expose some of our slower defenders like Girardi and Boyle.

I do agree that Staal looked fantastic. He's extremely effective when he's laying the body and I hope to see more of that from him moving forward.

Despite the fact that Glass played one of his better games, he's just not useful at all. He needs to come out of the lineup. We're a better team without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad