Post-Game Talk: Habs @ Rangers 1/29/15 Mod warning in post #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
My thing is Pacioretty clearly out-dueled Nash. We pay him to be the best goal scoring winger, and he got out played by the other team's top winger. He's not going to be happy about that, as well he shouldn't. When was the last time Nash put this team on his back like he used to in Columbus? Seriously? He hasn't done that in years. Yet again though, he gets beaten by a inferior winger and loses us the game.

Yeah, Nash wasn't great tonight, but the whole team outside of Staal pretty much blew.
Are you joking about Nash not "putting the team on his back" ? Have you missed that he is having a career year at this pace? He has absolutely been our best player most nights, and looks like he wants another shot at that cup. He lost us this game? ..... Holy crap.
Literally just realized you were making a joke about people criticizing Hank!!! Lmao:laugh:

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
I'm inclined to believe Hank knows he ****ed up, but it also creeps me out that you're telling us what he's thinking like he's your 5 year old child. Hell, that's how you treat him. I've seen you blame Hank for goals once in a blue moon, but there's always a caveat, why nothing is his fault. The guy is a grown ass man making more money than most of us will see, he can get blamed. The way you talk about the guy is creepy as all hell.

That was classic. Well played sir, well played:handclap:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It drives me crazy that if anyone else on the team made such a big mistake, say a horrible turnover that resulted in a goal, including McDonagh, people wouldn't be coming up with excuses such as "we didn't score". I'm sorry, I missed the game but in what seems like a close game, our most important player made the worst mistake and one of the worst of the season in the worst time and we get a decent chunk of people (a vocal minority to be fair) saying "we didn't score". Lundqvist does his job and we at least get a point. That was a joke.

Hank's job isn't to get a shutout every night. And if you think people haven't been ******** on McDonagh, St. Louis, Zuccarello, Girardi, etc...just lol.

---

It was a weak goal, it happens, he's not a ****ing robot. People are making it sound like Price scored on him from the other side of the rink for ****'s sake. I shudder to think what the reactions would be if what happened against Toronto/Bernier happened to Hank tonight.

Frankly, I'm not sure it even matters whether it was weak or not; At the end of the day, he only let in 1 goal. Serious question, would any of you have preferred that he let in 2 snipes rather than 1 softie?

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm inclined to believe Hank knows he ****ed up, but it also creeps me out that you're telling us what he's thinking like he's your 5 year old child. Hell, that's how you treat him. I've seen you blame Hank for goals once in a blue moon, but there's always a caveat, why nothing is his fault. The guy is a grown ass man making more money than most of us will see, he can get blamed. The way you talk about the guy is creepy as all hell.

I've differed with nevesis on the subject of Hank before, but he was one of the first to say Hank should have had that tonight.

Whiskers*

Stepan scrap

Does anyone have video of the scrap at the end of the first with Eller?

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Henrik took full responsibility when talking to swedish NHL-reporter/blogger Per Bjurman. He knows. It was a weak goal and we lost, it happens. We move on.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
The best paid goalie in the league should not give up a goal like that. Period. It cost us at least a point and all the criticism here is justified. He knows it.
Otoh we cannot win without scoring. Rather have a slump now than later. It will rebound

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
It drives me crazy that if anyone else on the team made such a big mistake, say a horrible turnover that resulted in a goal, including McDonagh, people wouldn't be coming up with excuses such as "we didn't score". I'm sorry, I missed the game but in what seems like a close game, our most important player made the worst mistake and one of the worst of the season in the worst time and we get a decent chunk of people (a vocal minority to be fair) saying "we didn't score". Lundqvist does his job and we at least get a point. That was a joke.

We didn't. His job is to keep us in the game. He did. We ere never more than a goal away, and that for about 4 minutes.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Yeah, Nash wasn't great tonight, but the whole team outside of Staal pretty much blew.
Are you joking about Nash not "putting the team on his back" ? Have you missed that he is having a career year at this pace? He has absolutely been our best player most nights, and looks like he wants another shot at that cup. He lost us this game? ..... Holy crap.
Literally just realized you were making a joke about people criticizing Hank!!! Lmao:laugh:

Haha that was a fun reply to read through :laugh:

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

That's probably bc you treat him like the crazed dad in the rink who has been screaming at the ref for the past ten years. Seriously, if you're implying that you talk about Hank in a more reasonable and mature manner, I would be terrified to meet you in person.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Three goalies this season have a save % over 93.5 at 5 on 5, according to Habs Eyes on the Prize. Price, Rinne and Lundqvist.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Man, Subban is such a little ****ing troll. Clearly, all the Habs are still furious with Kreider because everyone wanted to get a piece of him in fights :sarcasm:

Hank was lights out, but that goal. Jesus. You're not going to win a game scoring 0 goals, but holy... He obviously has to save that.

Not sure what **** camera angles the NHL had, but that "save" off his pad was a goal.

Also. Icing? What?!?!?

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Well...that sucked. Not quite sure how that goal got through and Henrik was visibly upset at letting it in.

That being said, you win zero games scoring zero goals.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
I thought Hayes was good enough, but we need a 3C. Maybe a good bottom six winger too.

This is exactly right. We can't go into the playoffs with this collection of bottom 6 forwards. If this team is going to make a serious push, we have at least 2 forward in th bottom 6 who contribute nothing, that's not good enough.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Henrik: “no, I get caught too deep and I don’t expect him to shoot and when I am going to push to my left I get stuck so that the last little push, instead of getting on my pants it squeezes through my arm there. Right away when it hits the post I know I am in trouble there and I have to expect a shot and be more ready and it’s frustrating when you feel that you are doing all your things and playing well and you give up a goal like that and lose.â€

Nov 5, 2007
Jersey City
Firstly I dont think anything could have been softer than that Perron goal.

Secondly, how about we blame our forwards for not even trying to score in stead of Hank. 1 goal in 6 periods, nearly another back-to-back shutout, is absolute ****ing trash. Team needs to wake the **** up.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Hank should have taken 2 mil per year less than what he did so that HF would have less reason to bash him. 14 mil dollars vs. fans being pissy. Clearly we know the money needed to go. *These are actually the opinions of plenty of NYR fans*. That said regardless of an ELC or a massive multi-year mega contract that goal was pure ass and he almost blew the poke check too. Team is having a bad week. Also I watched the game live instead of oN DVR later so naturally they get shutout. 3 of the last 4 games I watched live turned out to be shutouts. Amazing

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Lundqvist needs to stop that one. He'll tell you that. Everyone will tell you that. That said, he was by far the Rangers best player until that point.

The far more pressing issue is it seems like an offense that was probably overachieving the first half of the season has crashed down to earth. The 3rd and 4th lines do not provide a theat whatsoever when they step on the ice. Nash has quieted down. MSL is barely noticeable. Kreider and, especially, Zuccarello have been disappointing all year and are getting worse.

Silver lining, I thought Staal looked great.

Elevate

May 30, 2014
Absolute joke of a goal to let in, but the "outdueled" stuff is real tiring. It's a team game. They had more scoring chances. It was a duel where one participant had a knife and the other one had a handgun. Go figure who's gonna win the duel.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Since Jan 1 of this year.

Rangers have played 11 games
Without Glass:
5-1 record, 3.33GF, 1.833GA
With Glass:
2-3 record, 1.6GF, 2.2GA

He makes 25% of your lineup completely worthless, and its not surprising you see an uptick in goals allowed, and a severe downtick in goals scored.

AV should flat out be fired if he keeps playing this guy. He's a great coach, but he, to me, is the reason we are losing some very winnable games. He's dressing a much weaker lineup for no effing reason whatsoever.

I expect better from you than this. Would I have scratched Glass for Miller?--yeah but Glass had nothing to do with the loss here. And I doubt seriously that Miller would have had any more luck against Price than the rest of the team did. Henrik was having a really good game until he blinked and let in a weak one. That's why we lost. From the 2nd period on this game looked destined for OT--as a 0-0 tie. Henrik ****ed it up--not Glass.

Would I mind if the Rangers moved Glass? Not at all--again though pinning the blame on him every time we lose is not right and not fair.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
They are not very good when they play sloppy.

Seems to me that with the way they like to play, if they are not sharp on their passes, reads, etc, there is no cushion. They are a team who likes to break out clean, carry the puck and in their own zone they play some sort of hybrid man on man, if they are not sharp none of that works.

I think I saw pretty much every player give the puck away at last once, and it was not always because the Habs were pressuring, they were trying to throw it up ice and there was not even a target for the pass remotely in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad