Post-Game Talk: Habs Out-pen Pens in 5-1 Spanking -- Lord Byron Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Well I'll admit I didn't see this coming from the Habs to start the season. The team looks totally different from last season early on. Still lots of season left yet though but so far they look damn good.

Leafs gonna lose to the Sens. No 82-0 for them. :)

WHAT !?!?!?

I was told by the Canadian media that this was the best team ever assembled EVER and they would stampede over these lesser teams in the NHL and win the cup without trying and be crowned best in the world . :sarcasm:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
WHAT !?!?!?

I was told by the Canadian media that this was the best team ever assembled EVER and they would stampede over these lesser teams in the NHL and win the cup without trying and be crowned best in the world . :sarcasm:

In all fairness it's just the start of the season and they have a star RFA still waiting to rejoin the already loaded offense.

Although I will say their D and goaltending are suspect(imo). However I can't ignore the plethora of star offensive power.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Good game overall. Strong effort aside from one but apparently you cant say who or else panties are all bunched up.

It was a sloppy game. The third was most impressive by MTL as they shut it down. Price was solid.

Like all beginnings of seasons, effort and compete is what you want established. Chemistry and systems can struggle, effort shouldnt. MTL compete level is at a higher level right now imo

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This was the most I have ever seen Pittsburgh dominated since they moved into that arena.
This was total domination.

Juulsen, Armia, Byron and even Benn stood out for me. Playing Benn in a 6 role allows him to play isolated minutes.

Other than Mackinnon has Drouin ever had chemistry with anyone? So frustrating to watch.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Drouin is still sleeping and Weber is injured? Watch out bitches! The Habs steamroller is coming!

Last edited by a moderator:

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
Kotkaniemi was on the 4th line by the end of the game. That wasn’t deserved. Hopefully Julien isn’t losing trust in his play..

I wouldn't read too much into it. The coaches want him to reach his potential and if that means dropping him down to the 4th line, so be it.

In his first two NHL games, he's played against 4 of the best centers in the league.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
In all fairness it's just the start of the season and they have a star RFA still waiting to rejoin the already loaded offense.

Although I will say their D and goaltendingnis suspect imo. However I can't ignore that star offensive power.

While true , Their defense has already shown a pretty big weakness and I am already hearing people say Marner could touch between 80-100 pts this year because of PP and get close to 10-11 million .

That would mean Tavares at 11 , Marner at 10 ish , Matthews at 12 ish and Nylander at minimum 8mil . 4 Players making 40 or more million is pretty crazy lol .

The funny thing also is they also have a 1.2 caphit for Kessel for 4 more years I believe

WPG got GOLD on the Scheifele contract... If he gets any better it will be the best contract in the league lol It may already be

Reactions: King In Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad