GDT: Habs on Tradecentre Part 7 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
torresssssssssssssssssssssssssssss for a 3rd, to the sharks.

damn.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 58s
As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun, SJ acquires Raffi Torres for 3rd rounder in 2013. #tradecentre

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Leblanc is 2 years older and has been terrible in the AHL, he's not a good skater, doesn't have good puck skills and has nothing going for him to show that he can be a capable NHLer. At least with Larsson you know you're going to get an NHLer in the near future and has way more potential. Did you think Minny were going to give away Granlund, Coyle or Brodin? We're only talking about Jason Pominville here.

.. You're:
A) Underrating Pommer.
B) Underrating Leblanc
C) Have no clue about any prospect and you make an opinion for yourself on what people say here and in the media.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
A lot of people just want a trade for the sake of making a trade. Our team is fine. Bourque and Diaz will add more than any other available player could have at this point.

The thing is the Habs did make two trade. They got Ryder for Cole and got Drewinske.

GMs don't always need to make their moves on the last day or the day prior the deadline. The deadline is just that : A deadline

Btw Torres so SJ for 3rd

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I don't think most people are asking for a trade of that calibre.

To what extent will a trade be made for a player that we need and we will not overpay. MB is playing it safe and not overpaying at the deadline.

At the deadline you have to overpay, we have no need to overpay for the needs we have.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
No no, he would. But is he a better player ? I doubt it.
Not sure, but Leblanc is definitely an NHL player. Whether it's a 3rd liner or a top-6 remains to be seen. Glad we didn't trade him though. His value is at an all-time low.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
well, it's now clearer than ever that Bergevin didn't intent to get anything at any point.

He might regret it if we get other injuries... I sure wouldn't have approached this deadline with the same philosophy, I'd have dangled a 2nd rounder for improvements, but oh well...

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Canucks pulling a late April's fools by pulling Luongo minutes before the trade deadline :sarcasm:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
what's everybody *****ing about? We got the Drew
:shakehead
:sarcasm:
that being said, would've liked some toughness...still have to Play Boston, philly and TO twice etc...

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
.. You're:
A) Underrating Pommer.
B) Underrating Leblanc
C) Have no clue about any prospect and you make an opinion for yourself on what people say here and in the media.

I actually watch the guys play and I am not a complete homer, Larsson is almost a guaranteed NHLer in the future and has first 2 lines upside. He's also 2 years younger, get back to this thread in a couple of years and see who was right.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
what's everybody *****ing about? We got the Drew
:shakehead
:sarcasm:
that being said, would've liked some toughness...still have to Play Boston, philly and TO twice etc...
Davis, not Drew. :laugh:

I just heard "Montreal" in the background on TSN, but it sounded like it was for the game tonight, not something else. :laugh:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
well, it's now clearer than ever that Bergevin didn't intent to get anything at any point.

He might regret it if we get other injuries... I sure wouldn't have approached this deadline with the same philosophy, I'd have dangled a 2nd rounder for improvements, but oh well...

There is no roster limit for the playoffs. He can just call up Dumont , Blunden , Tinordi , Patryn ect and have them as insurance policies in case of injuries

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The thing is the Habs did make two trade. They got Ryder for Cole and got Drewinske.

GMs don't always need to make their moves on the last day or the day prior the deadline.

Btw Torres so SJ for 3rd

With only 13 games after the trade deadline it doesn't make sense to add a bunch of players on the day of the trade deadline as its harder to gain chemistry in such a short period before the playoffs.

Bergevin played it smart, added an offensive player for a struggling player a month ago and then added depth for our 4th line and our defense without giving up much in the past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad