GDT: Habs on Tradecentre Part 7 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
I still remember a few years ago people were proposing we trade Price for Luongo straight up...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Always need a good portion of Habs fans to cry about not making moves.

The team was 15th last year, this year is just gravy. Relax.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Some of you guys are funny in a very pathetic way...

We're 2nd in the EC with two key players injured and MB was able to address our only obvious need by adding a depth defenseman yesterday.

I don't have much problem with standing pat. But I am glad we added an extra d-man and I would have like a depth bottom 6er with Army out, if possible. Come playoff time, if we have an injury or two we are looking pretty thin.

Analyzer*

Yup.

What ? No trades ? Cry
What ? Trades ? Cry

Cry all the time

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
i guess you haven't watched the same Larsson has me. I'd even give the edge to Leblanc.

It's not a great deal, unless they get more, which I hope.

Leblanc is 2 years older and has been terrible in the AHL, he's not a good skater, doesn't have good puck skills and has nothing going for him to show that he can be a capable NHLer. At least with Larsson you know you're going to get an NHLer in the near future and has way more potential. Did you think Minny were going to give away Granlund, Coyle or Brodin? We're only talking about Jason Pominville here.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Luongo seems to have been traded....

If he goes to Leafs, i sweat it's gonna be ugly.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

These fans require bad asset management, like throwing in Mcdonagh to acquire Gomez.

I am glad that MB and I are on the same page. He doesn't really know what he has in his group of players and prospects. This off-season he will get the gritty, tough player that he wants.

StapleA

Mar 2, 2013
I understand that Gaborik has a bad year, but are Brassard and Moore as good? I mean, some people make it sound like a salary dump and I wonder if it has something to do with it.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
whether he succeeds or fails, I don't think they gave up much. they have a ton going their way, in the near future and were clearly moving into another direction. they have prospects, a young team (for the most part) and a ton of picks. they're in good shape.

Sure. But it's hefty contract to keep around; once your "contending" your cap is filled AND you need addntl cap space to add extra depth, and if Gabs type player is NOT performing optimally to its contract (7.5 mil), that team is in trouble. Short term its good, long term might be bad and handicap you. It's gamble, and people Gamble when they are desperate.
On the other side, teams that are not desperate, adding Iggy, Jagr, Clowe type depth players is not desperation, but smart moves. Pending UFA's, teams that identify themselves as real contenders, targeting players that CHOOSE to go to those destinations (MTL has no chance on landing these players this year, maybe when MTL will be considered a real contender will do these depth moves)

TonyRockyHorror

Mar 1, 2012

Oh right, since we are doing better than expected, we should just be happy. Common I'm tired of hearing that loser mentality. We are pressing upon the presidents trophy here. I'm not saying we should make big moves, but we have to start looking forward and believing in ourselves.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Habs fans are never happy.

We constantly have to add/ get rid of someone to be happy

A lot of people just want a trade for the sake of making a trade. Our team is fine. Bourque and Diaz will add more than any other available player could have at this point.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Yup.

What ? No trades ? Cry
What ? Trades ? Cry

Cry all the time

crying.jpg

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
We need grit and toughness and we didn`t get it....They keep on saying Diaz and Bourque coming back soon what happens if they have setbacks then what or after that concussion Bourque got he goes back to Bourque from last year.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Oh right, since we are doing better than expected, we should just be happy. Common I'm tired of hearing that loser mentality. We are pressing upon the presidents trophy here. I'm not saying we should make big moves, but we have to start looking forward and believing in ourselves.

we're not "doing better", we're 2nd in the east jeez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad