GDT: Habs on Tradecentre Part 7 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Johan Larsson is the equivalent of Leblanc for us...
And Hackett is nothing really to lose sleep about, I hope they get something else.

Not even close.... Johan Larsson is a way better prospect than Leblanc ever was. And Hackett has starting goalie potential and it is a great deal for a team in rebuild like buffalo.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Both this, and last, year are poor representations of our team. We're not nearly as bad (last year) or as good (this year). Our small forwards are going to get smacked around in the playoffs. So what's disappointing.... looking forward to your posts in a couple of months.

Right now we're playing good and i'm not a believer of the "we need goons for the playoffs" mentality

no need to get depressed about how we MIGHT play in a year or 2, enjoy the good hockey instead

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl 1m
Blake Comeau traded to #CBJ for 5th round pick #TradeCentre

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
A good chunk of Conacher's points came when he was playing alongside two of the league's best players. He might do well alongside Spezza next year - but I don't expect him to do much more this year without proper support. He's not a game breaker.

The value is still off. Huet only fetched a 2nd. Halak got Eller who had not played many NHL games. This guy is in the running for the Calder.

Analyzer*

I can't ****ing believe we missed on Comeau.

Bergevin, what are you doing?!

Gainey :shakehead

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Let's do some revisionist history:

2012 Stanley Cup champions: LA Kings
Deadline deals: 0

2011 Stanley Cup champions: Boston Bruins
Deadline deals: 1
The Boston Bruins acquire goaltender Anton Khudobin from the Minnesota Wild for defenceman Jeff Penner and the rights to forward Mikko Lehtonen.

2010 Stanley Cup champions: Chicago Blackhawks
Deadline deals: 0

2010 Stanley Cup champions: Pittsburgh Penguins
Deadline deals: 2
The Pittsburgh Penguins acquire Bill Guerin from the New York Islanders for a conditional 2009 draft pick.
The Pittsburgh Penguins acquire Andy Wozniewski from the St. Louis Blues for Danny Richmond.

First team to make a big addition, but they gave up almost nothing.

To add size, depth, toughness, you do not do this at the deadline, you do it in the off-season. Prices are too high.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not even close.... Johan Larsson is a way better prospect than Leblanc ever was. And Hackett has starting goalie potential and it is a great deal for a team in rebuild like buffalo.

i guess you haven't watched the same Larsson has me. I'd even give the edge to Leblanc.

It's not a great deal, unless they get more, which I hope.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
So..... Nash leaves Columbus to play with a real first line center and ends up playing in New York with... Brassard. :D

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Once again, we doing nothing... Not even a physical fourth liner...

There's not a single player traded today who could have been useful for us. Not a single one.

The only regret I have about this season's trade deadline, is that we couldn't get our hands on an experienced, stay-at-home, proven D.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
This is a year where things seem to be going our way. No big injuries, guys coming into their own and STILL no movement at the deadline to try and put us over the top.

Too bad.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 57s
San Jose Sharks are trying to acquire Raffi Torres... no deal yet

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
Right now we're playing good and i'm not a believer of the "we need goons for the playoffs" mentality

no need to get depressed about how we MIGHT play in a year or 2, enjoy the good hockey instead

One of our best players was concussed by an Orr punch, and an another was almost crippled by Chara. Our response = 0. Thankfully, we have 911 operators we can whine to.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Some of you guys are funny in a very pathetic way...

We're 2nd in the EC with two key players injured and MB was able to address our only obvious need by adding a depth defenseman yesterday.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
i guess you haven't watched the same Larsson has me. I'd even give the edge to Leblanc.

Louis Leblanc is older and struggling this year. Larsson would hold more value, probably.

Kboum

Nov 13, 2006
Sherbrooke

I heard Buff getting a 1st and a 2nd pick also in the deal. I don't know if its true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad