Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
What? Clowe won't help us in the playoff?

He prooved in the past that he is clutch in the playoff and he has all the intangible to be succesful. He will be useful in front of the net on the powerplay when d-mans are gonna start pushing our little players away.

He would be okay but takes some of our speed game away.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
If Savard had Timmins, he would have surpassed Pollock. Gms weren't made to scout at the time. They were named to manage pro assets. That, he was good at. The Leclair trade was his lone big mistake. Chelios wasn't his. Blame Corey.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He would be okay but takes some of our speed game away.

But he brings a ******** of grit and playoffs experience that will definatly help our team. Its not because we are a fast team that every players needs to be fast. You need good balance.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Playoff hockey is about winning board battles, crashing the net, and grinding down your opponent. It's not a fastest skater competition. I'd happily welcome Clowe.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
TO CALGARY
:flames

1st Round Draft Pick (2013)
Nathan Beaulieu
Yannick Weber (roster spot)

TO MONTREAL
:habs

Mark Giordano
Laurent Brossoit​

Posted that in the Trade Rumours section. Giordano is a great two-way defenseman who is signed to cap friendly contract for years.

Going to war with (for years);

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Giordano
Tinordi - Diaz

would be awesome.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Playoff hockey is about winning board battles, crashing the net, and grinding down your opponent. It's not a fastest skater competition. I'd happily welcome Clowe.

Exactly it's a war you have to win 16 games to win the cup the more big brawny guys you have the better, look at LA's roster last year. Besides i've watched many san jose games this year Clowe is not that slow, yes he is slower then couture, havlet, marleau but he's not super slow or anything he won't hurt out team due to his skating

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Exactly it's a war you have to win 16 games to win the cup the more big brawny guys you have the better, look at LA's roster last year. Besides i've watched many san jose games this year Clowe is not that slow, yes he is slower then couture, havlet, marleau but he's not super slow or anything he won't hurt out team due to his skating

I am sure our faster skaters will still skate just as fast.

Wouldn't want to give up too much for him. But I think he is worth a shot if the price is right.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Don't know if it'll be you or Boston, but if you guys get him, you'll love Clowe. Guarantee Lucic won't push anybody around.
Great to hear. I'm definitely interested, but the price just seems so high and we're not really sure where to slot him in.

CoconutHockey*

I would take Clowe any day of the week, but I am not a big fan of rental players. There were some rumors that a potential deal would involve a pre-arranged contract extension between Clowe and the Habs. If that'd be the case, Clowe would fill a big need for the playoffs.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Don't know if it'll be you or Boston, but if you guys get him, you'll love Clowe. Guarantee Lucic won't push anybody around.
Clowe would be the perfect winger with Eller and Galchenyuk. The two younger guys are fast enough to carry the puck and keep possession while Clowe cleans up the garbage goals in front of the net that they can create.

It would then make a 4th line of Moen Halpern Prust

Ryder Plek Gionta
Pacioretty DDH Gallagher
Clowe Eller Galchenyuk
Moen Halpern Prust
Very solid team right there and if and when Bourque comes back Galchenyuk would be the 13th man in playoffs as some others mentioned in Boston Seguin was actually sitting a lot when the won the cup.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
TO CALGARY

Nathan Beaulieu

TO MONTREAL

Mark Giordano
Laurent Brossoit​

Posted that in the Trade Rumours section. Giordano is a great two-way defenseman who is signed to cap friendly contract for years.

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Giordano
Tinordi - Diaz

would be awesome.

I think Beaulieu will end up being a VERY good defenceman. He's currently ranked 24th in the league according to HF, with 8 other defencemen being ahead of him. Obviously that's all just speculation and opinion but even seeing him play last game you can see that he should be a very good player for the Habs. I think you over value Giordano, there's nothing very special about him, that is to say, nothing to give up a 1st and a "blue-chip" prospect for.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I think Beaulieu will end up being a VERY good defenceman. He's currently ranked 24th in the league according to HF, with 8 other defencemen being ahead of him. Obviously that's all just speculation and opinion but even seeing him play last game you can see that he should be a very good player for the Habs. I think you over value Giordano, there's nothing very special about him, that is to say, nothing to give up a 1st and a "blue-chip" prospect for.
I think a 1st and Leblanc would be better value, to be honest. I started very, very high on the Trade Proposal forum (originally had 2 + 3 + Beaulieu) because those fans are violent.

But I also think we can afford to lose a defensive prospect more than an offensive one.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
TO CALGARY

Nathan Beaulieu

TO MONTREAL

Mark Giordano
Laurent Brossoit​

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Giordano
Tinordi - Diaz

would be awesome.

No way I would do that deal. Beaulieu has more long term upside than what Giorado is. Plus we'd be giving up a 1st rounder.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I think a 1st and Leblanc would be better value, to be honest. I started very, very high on the Trade Proposal forum (originally had 2 + 3 + Beaulieu) because those fans are violent.

But I also think we can afford to lose a defensive prospect more than an offensive one.

We can afford to lose a defensive prospect more than an offensive one but not our best one,

And I get the high high offer not to have the other fans pissed but if you go too high you get us pissed and that's even worse lol

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
No way I would do that deal. Beaulieu has more long term upside than what Giorado is. Plus we'd be giving up a 1st rounder.
I don't believe that at all. Giordano is a great two-way defenseman. Fantastic #3 who can play top pairing minutes (he plays more than every Hab this year except Markov).

I think Giordano is Beaulieu's ceiling (I could be wrong in the future, no doubt). This season not withstanding of course, but Calgary is horrible so it's not all on him.

Giordano is like a mix of Diaz/Gorges/Emelin. He's awesome.

We can afford to lose a defensive prospect more than an offensive one but not our best one,

And I get the high high offer not to have the other fans pissed but if you go too high you get us pissed and that's even worse lol
Weird for me to say this, considering how hard I was on him, but Tinordi is our best defensive prospect, IMO.

And nah, if you guys get pissed, I can just throw out infractions. :sarcasm:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A 20 y/o kid who played his first NHL game last night is not going to be moved for any one. Beaulieu will ultimately replace Markov.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

If you're looking to give up a defensive prospect, in no way should the Habs consider giving up Tinordi OR Beaulieu unless it is part of a big trade. In reality, Beaulieu is more likely going to be the better player. Or at least the more noticeable one. Tinordi fills an organizational need now because of his size but he will not be the next Chara, he might be the next Hal Gill. I get that dealing with prospects and potential is risky business but unless you're getting back something that is undoubtedly better than what you're giving, it's just poor asset management. A guy like Ellis or Nygren who also have great potential are safer to build a trade around.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I don't believe that at all. Giordano is a great two-way defenseman. Fantastic #3 who can play top pairing minutes (he plays more than every Hab this year except Markov).

Weird for me to say this, considering how hard I was on him, but Tinordi is our best defensive prospect, IMO.

And nah, if you guys get pissed, I can just throw out infractions. :sarcasm:
Hahaha well put and I find them very close honestly we need them both Markov is losing his touch and gonna be gone in a few years so we need beaulieu to be the PP guy with PK and tinordi is a guy we need too honestly I see the future as them on our 2nd D pairing I feel they'll be incredible together

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Ryder-Plekanec-Gio
Clowe-Eller-Galchenyuk
Armstrong-Prust-Moen

(White)

Solid as hell.

I said it earlier. Halpern is here for a reason. Eller could be used as trade bait for Clowe if Bergevin gets a sign and trade agreement from San Jose. That way, Clowe is not a rental. He is a Hab for 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad