Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Sorry, Hawkeye... I'm not paying Beaulieu, a 1st and whatever else for Giordano when Beaulieu has a higher offensive ceiling and isn't that far away. Especially not during the first (half) season that we've looked somewhat competent since winning the conference (and subsequently bombing the following season).

Hockey trades only.. If the Sharks want a forward coming back.. White, Leblanc and a 3rd.. or Leblanc and our 2nd. Nothing more. We can deal with the loss of those players. I'm not throwing away top notch prospects for guys who don't fill a need or won't be filling a need in the not-so-distant future.

Clowe I somewhat understand if he rounds back to form since we don't have bruising forwards in the system. But you have to be damn sure he's gonna turn back on.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
If we could get Hartnell without giving up too much I'd be as happy as a pig in mud.

If we are to make a big run this spring, I would give up our 1st rounder + Markov + B level prospect for Hartnell + 2nd round pick.

B level prospect: any prospect other than Tinordi, Beaulieu and Collberg.

Leblanc, Hudon, Thrower, Ellis are all available.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
John Jaeckel a Chicago beat reporter/blogger says Gauthier was yet again in Mtl last night to scout the Rags/Habs game. He claims the Hawks will inquire about Emelin and Eller.

The return?????

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Have thought about the possibility of Galchenyuk being out of the-up if we acquire Clowe and Bourque is back? It could do him some good to take some time off and look at the games from the box.

Bourque - Plek - Gionta
Patch - DD - Ryder
Clowe - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Halpern - Moen - That could the best shutdown line of the Playoffs.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Solid as hell.

I said it earlier. Halpern is here for a reason. Eller could be used as trade bait for Clowe if Bergevin gets a sign and trade agreement from San Jose. That way, Clowe is not a rental. He is a Hab for 3-4 years.

I'd really hate to give up on Eller, he's worth a lot more than Clowe at this point in time. I also lied about the lineup, this one looks better.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Clowe-Eller-Galchenyuk
Prust-Halpern-Moen
(Armstrong/White)

Just about forgot about old 'Pern.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Sorry, Hawkeye... I'm not paying Beaulieu, a 1st and whatever else for Giordano when Beaulieu has a higher offensive ceiling and isn't that far away. Especially not during the first (half) season that we've looked somewhat competent since winning the conference (and subsequently bombing the following season).

Hockey trades only.. If the Sharks want a forward coming back.. White, Leblanc and a 3rd.. or Leblanc and our 2nd. Nothing more. We can deal with the loss of those players. I'm not throwing away top notch prospects for guys who don't fill a need or won't be filling a need in the not-so-distant future.

Clowe I somewhat understand if he rounds back to form since we don't have bruising forwards in the system. But you have to be damn sure he's gonna turn back on.

A second and Ellis, A second and Leblanc... whatever. Anything around a 2nd rounder and a B Prospect is good for the kind of guy we don't have. Clowe instantly neglects the Lucic effect from Boston. We wouldn't have to worry about his antics anymore.

Especially since we have the depth and the assets to make a trade like this, without sacrificing the future of the franchise.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
John Jaeckel a Chicago beat reporter/blogger says Gauthier was yet again in Mtl last night to scout the Rags/Habs game. He claims the Hawks will inquire about Emelin and Eller.

The return?????

Would like to see Hjalmarrson+/- for Emelin+/-. Oh, Terravainen seems like he might end up a pretty good player.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
If we are to make a big run this spring, I would give up our 1st rounder + Markov + B level prospect for Hartnell + 2nd round pick.

B level prospect: any prospect other than Tinordi, Beaulieu and Collberg.

Leblanc, Hudon, Thrower, Ellis are all available.

I would not do that since IF we're gonna make a run, we NEED Markov. Also 1st round picks in THIS draft...you cannot give those away under any circumstance (or at least not for Hartnell). Markov + 1st would already be overpayment. Hartnell is awesome, yes, but we have a team concept and Markov is being strangely undervalued here lately. And again, we need that pick (low 20s? Hopefully 30th).

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
A second and Ellis, A second and Leblanc... whatever. Anything around a 2nd rounder and a B Prospect is good for the kind of guy we don't have. Clowe instantly neglects the Lucic effect from Boston. We wouldn't have to worry about his antics anymore.

Especially since we have the depth and the assets to make a trade like this, without sacrificing the future of the franchise.

Leblanc is not a B prospect. I fully promote the Ellis + 2nd though.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec

The return?????

What I read was patches diaz Emelin and Eller.... For leddy and a top hawk forward...??? Idk about you guys but this doesn't make much sense to me

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I would not do that since IF we're gonna make a run, we NEED Markov. Also 1st round picks in THIS draft...you cannot give those away under any circumstance (or at least not for Hartnell). Markov + 1st would already be overpayment. Hartnell is awesome, yes, but we have a team concept and Markov is being strangely undervalued here lately. And again, we need that pick (low 20s? Hopefully 30th).

Markov's playing has been regressing for the best few years. He stacks up points on the powerplay I give it to you. But, he is starting to be slow and turns out to be a liability in the back end.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Let's get real. Leblanc IS a B prospect. He's been absolutely pathetic in Hamilton this season. He's become as soft as Ben Maxwell was.

Yeesh, that Ben Maxwell comparison frightens me. But really, the entire team has been horrible. He's had a terrible time with Lefebvre running the show, or so I've heard. I think he'll still end up as a fringe 2nd liner.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
For that much? Saad+ please.
Saad? I like him, but I'm not even sure I'd give up Eller for him.

Eller + Emelin would cost Saad/Hjalmarsson OR Leddy/Sharp (we add a pick or something) for me.

I thought you would be the biggest Giordano fan here. Seems like your type of player.

I think just think Giordano is the perfect compliment to Subban. Signed long-term at $4M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad