Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Oilers Tomorrow (The Hunt for the Elusive 1 Point Continues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It does...

If you're referring to the goalie records for this season you posted just before, the games against Vancouver can largely explain the difference in records between Price and Allen.

You're right, Orice's stickhandling does help, but if it does help and still both goalie records are similar, it means Allen does other things better than Price that permits him to give out a similar output.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Man Calgary is not going 5-0 or Vancouver going 8-0.

They also play eachother like 4 times. Don't know why people are worried about those 2 teams lmao.

Flames just won tonight. Habs are lucky that McDavid already got his 100 points so he may rest or will go easy on us.
Would be interesting if we lost our next two, which is not impossible. Then, Flames would have control of their destiny. Canucks would probably be eliminated by then, so I think it would be fair to believe that Calgary could sweep them out.

Reactions: zx81

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I do believe we get some nice time off after the season. With our returning players I think we can challenge any team in the division. The one concern I have is Price. If he's going to be the guy it seems unrealistic he'll be in top form after playing two games, especially with his struggles this season.

Its up in the air with Price. His season has been disappointing to say the least and I don’t like that we’re this close to the playoffs and they still haven’t come out and said he’s at least healthy enough to play. I don’t think it’ll matter much which goalie is in net if we play the Leafs although Price will make life much more difficult for our opponent by killing their forecheck. Whoever plays will likely get victimized by them. But Price is worth the shot. There will be a short leash on either one of them.

Reactions: SupremeTeam16

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If you're referring to the goalie records for this season you posted just before, the games against Vancouver can largely explain the difference in records between Price and Allen.

You're right, Orice's stickhandling does help, but if it does help and still both goalie records are similar, it means Allen does other things better than Price that permits him to give out a similar output.

So Vancouver has become an easy team to beat and doesn't count? We shouldn't play them and just put a W for the Habs?
Should I also take off the Edmonton games also since he won all of them and is 3-0-0 against them?

Should we also take the 2-0-1 out of Allen's record against Vancouver too like we do with Price?
Cause if we do, it doesn't explain the difference of record between the two.....

Price record without Vancouver is 8-7-3
Allen without Vancouver's game is: 9-12-3

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
forwards haven't been mediocre... Toffoli, Anderson, Suzuki, even Gallagher before he got injured were having decent seasons.

Decent season from 2 or 3 players doesn't make a good offense.
We are 17th in the NHL for goals scored.....our best point producer has been 44 in the league.

Individually some players did well, but as a team, our offense sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: iamtalbot

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
Meanwhile the Leafs get 3 days off, nice schedule for SOME teams. Nothing to see here, move along, it's totally fare , don't complain, right?
:huh::huh::rolleyes: Habs had a week+ off during the season because of COVID (too bad we couldn't tell by the way they played on their return, but that's another story), which the leafs didn't benefit from - so there's that.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
We are 17th in the NHL for goals scored.....our best point producer has been 17 in the league.

I'd add that we're 17th because of our crazy hot start, offense-wise.

Now, were we as good as season's start, or are we as bad as the last couple weeks, remains to be seen, even though I tend towards the latter.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
All other 15 playoff teams have clinched so last team in if we make it, lowest ranked team that made the playins last year too if I recall. Year before we were the best team that missed the playoffs.

Did Molson steal Aztec gold from someone and now we are cursed to walk the earth as a playoff bubble team??
No it just proves once again that this is one of the worst run organizations in the league,if they would get their heads out of their politically correct asses and simply get the best people to run this franchise we might be able to compete.Does Quebec exclusively belong to the french!

Reactions: iamtalbot and Tyson

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I will laugh my arse off if the Habs lose both and somehow Calgary wins all of their games.

I don't care about this team anymore. Bergevin and Molson have done the impossible....removed my passion for this team.
Took the words right out of my mouth,well said. :thumbu:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
:huh::huh::rolleyes: Habs had a week+ off during the season because of COVID (too bad we couldn't tell by the way they played on their return, but that's another story), which the leafs didn't benefit from - so there's that.
Habs won 3 in a row coming out of their Covid week.......the best they could muster this year, was a 3 game win streak since their 7-1-2 start.
They have been an absolute mess all season outside of the first 10 games. The entire team has been an up and down mess. Coaches, a mess, the GM a mess, the owner a mess............brutal.
Possibly backing into the playoffs, again..........geez, fire the GM and let's start looking forward...

Reactions: sj315 and Tyson

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
What about MLBPA? Don’t they play 6 games in 6 nights?
Baseball doesn't require anywhere near the physical effort as hockey, basketball or football. Players spend most of the three hours of the game just standing around -- except for the pitcher and catcher. There is a reason the sport can handle doubleheaders -- they have only been eliminated because it reduces the gate receipts (fewer home dates).

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
We are 17th in the NHL for goals scored.....our best point producer has been 17 in the league.

Gally would've made a difference had he not been hurt, but the fact remains, that this team fell apart and can't score because 1 key guy is missing? And yet somehow, they were built to "win now"? More like "win how?".
the Oilers are surging with McDavid. I called it earlier, they're losing all the remaining games and will get swept. Even if most guys come back for playoffs, they wouldn't have played hockey for weeks.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Gally would've made a difference had he not been hurt, but the fact remains, that this team fell apart and can't score because 1 key guy is missing? And yet somehow, they were built to "win now"? More like "win how?".
the Oilers are surging with McDavid. I called it earlier, they're losing all the remaining games and will get swept. Even if most guys come back for playoffs, they wouldn't have played hockey for weeks.
Actually, I take it back. There's a pretty decent chance that Calgary wins their last 4 vs Vancouver. The Habs could very well miss the playoffs.

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Oilers will play hard tonight for sure, as someone else put it they can win to get their match up against the Jets, who they have played much better against. Also they will want to get their big 2 going against the Habs in case they match up. There is something to be said about picking an opponent, but typically that is a team that lose on purpose to solidify an opponent.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It's sad when you consider that Austin Matthews has 10 more goals (40) than our 5 centres combined:

Suzuki- 13
Danault- 5
Kotkaniemi- 5
Staal (Buffalo and Montreal combined)- 5
Evans- 2

Total- 30

You don't have to look far to see where the problem still lies on this team. I mean yes, the defence can't move the puck for shit, but our centres haven't scored at all. That has to be pretty much the worst centre production in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad