Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Oilers Tomorrow (The Hunt for the Elusive 1 Point Continues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I don't see why Edmonton would take it easy against the habs.
Edmonton can confirm a matchup against Winnipeg by winning against the habs. Edmonton struggled against habs while Edmonton rolled Winnipeg all season long.

You don't pick your playoff opponent but Edmonton could decide who they play against and they would rather play Winnipeg over us.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I'm so ready for the playoffs, these games are practically unwatchable.

Given the schedule we’ve had and injuries, unless they give us at least a week 5-7 days off, we’re probably screwed. This team has looked like they’ve had nothing to give for awhile now.

Reactions: azcanuck

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I don't see why Edmonton would take it easy against the habs.
Edmonton can confirm a matchup against Winnipeg by winning against the habs. Edmonton struggled against habs while Edmonton rolled Winnipeg all season long.

You don't pick your playoff opponent but Edmonton could decide who they play against and they would rather play Winnipeg over us.

Regular season means Jack.

Remember 08 ? Habs were a combined 12-0 against Boston and Philly and then went 5-7 against them in the playoffs.

Reactions: Yoor and tazsub3

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The oilers are stupid if they play both their star players and risk injury at this point

Reactions: Runner77

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Man Calgary is not going 5-0 or Vancouver going 8-0.

They also play eachother like 4 times. Don't even know why people are worried about those 2 teams lmao.

I'm for sitting players, if the playoffs are the real goal, I want a fresh start. However you don't want to head into the playoffs playing like the team currently is, so its a dilemna. Is Weber/Price even a sure thing at this point?

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Given the schedule we’ve had and injuries, unless they give us at least a week 5-7 days off, we’re probably screwed. This team has looked like they’ve had nothing to give for awhile now.
I do believe we get some nice time off after the season. With our returning players I think we can challenge any team in the division. The one concern I have is Price. If he's going to be the guy it seems unrealistic he'll be in top form after playing two games, especially with his struggles this season.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I'm not sure but it is very possible. If put on the spot I'm going to say yes.

You have a hell of a lot more faith in this group than I do then. They've played some of the worst hockey I can remember seeing in thirty-five+ years I've been a fan of the game. (This includes the 1999-00 Habs team!!!) I suppose it's possible but... I don't see it happening.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
You have a hell of a lot more faith in this group than I do then. They've played some of the worst hockey I can remember seeing in thirty-five+ years I've been a fan of the game. (This includes the 1999-00 Habs team!!!) I suppose it's possible but... I don't see it happening.
That's fair. your view is probably the more popular one for good reason too.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I do believe we get some nice time off after the season. With our returning players I think we can challenge any team in the division. The one concern I have is Price. If he's going to be the guy it seems unrealistic he'll be in top form after playing two games, especially with his struggles this season.

Price's struggle?
I would have thought that at this point people realize it's not a Price struggling...it's a team problem.
Always has been, Allen ain't doing any better as a starter for this team, team still can't win.....no matter who's the goalie.

The struggling will continue.....the question is really: can Price counter balance their struggling as he's the only chance we have to even make a stand?
I doubt it, especially if Weber is out.

You should be a lot more concern about the lack of goals, inexperience down the middle and our brain farts defensively.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I hope you realize the implications of what you just said? Price is no better than an Allen. An average goaltender.

Not exactly what I've said or meant....

This team is 12-7-5 with Price
They are 11-12-4 with Allen
They are 1-2-0 with Primeau

Allen is better that his record showed.....cause this team is so bad, it hurt him.
I think we all agree that Allen played well mostly. Still, his record sucks, stats included.

I also believe it's the same for Price.....or any other goalie that would be playing behind that defense.

I know for most people, goalies is all about stats.....but there's so much more to it.
Why Price is consider one of the best (the best for many people) with his stick around the net....that help the defense, that help transition, that help clearing the zone out, that help the offense and it help winning games. No stats for that...but a lot of people here said Allen didn't had the goals support that Price got....this is a reason why.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Why Price is consider one of the best (the best for many people) with his stick around the net....that help the defense, that help transition, that help clearing the zone out, that help the offense and it help winning games. No stats for that...but a lot of people here said Allen didn't had the goals support that Price got....this is a reason why.
So shouldn't Price's skill in stick handling produce more wins when compared to Allen?

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Imagine if we lose our last 2 games against Edmonton and Vancouver loses 1 of their next 2 games against Winnipeg.

We'd have to sit back and watch an insanely hungry Calgary team in do or die mode try to win 4 straight against a tired Vancouver team playing with no motivation.

I'd have a good laugh if Calgary caught us lol.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Price's struggle?
I would have thought that at this point people realize it's not a Price struggling...it's a team problem.
Always has been, Allen ain't doing any better as a starter for this team, team still can't win.....no matter who's the goalie.

The struggling will continue.....the question is really: can Price counter balance their struggling as he's the only chance we have to even make a stand?
I doubt it, especially if Weber is out.

You should be a lot more concern about the lack of goals, inexperience down the middle and our brain farts defensively.
Price has largely been mediocre all year. he's sliding badly at this point.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Did I hear right McJesus is sitting one of the games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad