Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Oilers Tomorrow (The Hunt for the Elusive 1 Point Continues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
- Habs need 1 damn point.... and it won't matter what Calgary and Vancouver do.

If Habs lose in regulation:

* Tonight, if Flames lose in any fashion to the red hot Sens, they are officially eliminated from the playoffs. If they win, mathematically, they still have a chance.

* Tomorrow, if Canucks lose in any fashion, Habs clinch. Also, if Canucks wish to have ANY chance of making it, they need to win their 7 remaining games in regulation.

Every division has their 4 playoff teams clinch. Only the Habs are left to clinch.
West: Vegas, Colorado, Minnesota & St. Louis
Central: Carolina, Florida, Tampa Bay & Nashville
East: Pittsburgh, Washington, Boston, NY Islanders
North: Toronto, Edmonton, Winnipeg...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Meaningless game for Oilers. They've clinched 2nd place. McDavid got his 100pts.

Maybe they'll rest Smith and play shitty Koskinen, and we'll pick up 2 points.

true... but i have a feeling Tippet will have them focused on hitting the playoff in full stride, and McD is itching for playoff success more than anything. I doubt we see them let the foot off the gas at all, instead, i could see them come out like gangbusters (even if they play koskinen)

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Meaningless game for Oilers. They've clinched 2nd place. McDavid got his 100pts.

They should rest McDrai and Smith for their remaining 3 meaningless games. Why even risk a possible injury to any of these guys. Even if they begged to play I'd say no and leave them in Edmonton while the rest of the Oilers travel to MTL.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Meanwhile the Leafs get 3 days off, nice schedule for SOME teams. Nothing to see here, move along, it's totally fare , don't complain, right?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I saw Price was in equipment again practicing. Will he start the next two games? Seems kind of foolish to just throw him into a playoff scenario having missed as much time as he has the past month.

Reactions: BLONG7

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

Agreed, just how the leafs played shinny last night and still came out with a win, I do not expect the oilers to be at full throttle.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I could see the Oilers wanting to send us a message, given we took the season series. But they've been on the rise and we've been on the decline.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Meanwhile the Leafs get 3 days off, nice schedule for SOME teams. Nothing to see here, move along, it's totally fare , don't complain, right?

The good thing is it looks like the Habs get a much needed break before me the start of the playoffs.

They obviously need it.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The good thing is it looks like the Habs get a much needed break before me the start of the playoffs.

They obviously need it.

What a stupid schedule, and unfair advantage, if your team never had COVID.
The games this team has played the last month, every 2nd day... no other professional player's union would have allowed this.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I saw Price was in equipment again practicing. Will he start the next two games? Seems kind of foolish to just throw him into a playoff scenario having missed as much time as he has the past month.
There was talk he would play these two games...................then it said no timetable for his return so??

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Nah, they will just throw him and a couple other of the banged up guys in cold to start the playoffs...What could go wrong? :baghead:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The games this team has played the last month, every 2nd day... no other professional player's union would have allowed this.

The whole condensed schedule made no sense. What was wrong with a half season, 41 games, spread out more reasonably?

Anyways, as long as we make the playoffs and get some rest heading into them, that would be great.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

The NHLPA is a sham union who won’t even do everything it takes to protect its members — never count on them to do the right thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinodebino

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
What about MLBPA? Don’t they play 6 games in 6 nights?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I don't know how long he's been doing full practices, but I think they probably want him to get get one game in at least before the playoffs if it doesn't violate concussion protocol.

Either way, it's not an ideal scenario, just like with Weber and Gallagher right now.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They should rest McDrai and Smith for their remaining 3 meaningless games. Why even risk a possible injury to any of these guys. Even if they begged to play I'd say no and leave them in Edmonton while the rest of the Oilers travel to MTL.

With the way the Habs have been going hard of McDavid and Draisatl, it might be smart to rest them. At least for one game. Although they won't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad