News Article: Habs offer Subban 7 years, $49 million.

• Thread starter dreamingofdrouin*
  • Start date

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
IMHO, I get frustrated watching him play most nights. Still too many give always trying to be too fancy to deserve top dollar.

When his "fanciness" turns into a goal. Do you get frustrated? PK does too much at times, but that is the player he is.

It's like wanting a super hot girlfriend, but being upset with how much time she spends in front of the mirror. Comes with the territory.

Taylorzzz

Aug 3, 2005
Kingsville, Ontario
Probably a combination of "trying to do too much" and coaching. I know he's high risk high reward type of guy but if he would be a little more defensively minded, I wouldn't have an issue with the big money.
I get nervous every time the puck comes back to him at the point. Never know if it's going to get by him or not.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
8 million per for 8 years is what PK wants per 98,5FM.

If true it does prove that he doesn't want to leave, if nothing else.

I'm thinking 7,5 per for 7 years is where they meet.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just listening to Nilan on TSN690 defending Subban and calling out CBC. Nice to hear someone picking up for Subban for a change.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Probably a combination of "trying to do too much" and coaching. I know he's high risk high reward type of guy but if he would be a little more defensively minded, I wouldn't have an issue with the big money.
I get nervous every time the puck comes back to him at the point. Never know if it's going to get by him or not.

You must be a nervous wreck when the puck comes close to Murray.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Jacques Demers had some pertinent comments regarding PK. To him, no sense in punishing PK. You need to repeat often, yes, but PK is the most exciting player he's seen since Lafleur. So in his case patience should be key. Says that PK probably feels he's treated unfairly. Says that management should never forget that PK is a money making machine for the organisation.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
8 million per for 8 years is what PK wants per 98,5FM.

If true it does prove that he doesn't want to leave, if nothing else.

I'm thinking 7,5 per for 7 years is where they meet.

Hey Phil , wake me up when he's signed. I've heard 2 sets of numbers, and Francois Gagnon quotes his agent as saying they aren't even negotiating.

Can't say I wouldn't pay what he's asking. Your numbers are fair too.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Tell that to Daniel Brière and Mike Cammalleri to name just those two :P

As far as the offer is concerned I feel it's under what Subban can expect. Some people say he's not yet at "Doughty level" so he shouldn't get that type of deal. Let's not forget when Doughty signed that deal and at what level he was in his career. All signs point to Subban doing the same or better and we're looking at an increase in cap.

IMO it will be 8 years X 8M = 64M.

John Druce was pretty clutch that one time too :sarcasm:. Players, especially goal scorers go through hot and cold streaks, sometimes they coincide with the playoffs, sometimes they don't. It's more luck and random variation than it is clutchness.

Expecting a palyer to outperform his regular season stats just becuase it's the playoffs is a recipe for disaster. The larger sample will always be more indicative of the player than the smaller one.

It's like BA with runners in scoring position, it's basically random. A meaningless statistic really.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Just listening to Nilan on TSN690 defending Subban and calling out CBC. Nice to hear someone picking up for Subban for a change.

It always seems to be the former pros who are standing up for Subban, I've heard the likes of Roenick, Borque, Orr, Gainey, Jeff O'Neill defend him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad