Post-Game Talk: Habs lose two straight to Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I hope the wheels fall off.ie. 2018. It will force major changes in front office and we have several UFA we could peddle for handsome return. Also, a few other contracts we could move.

Reactions: EXPOS123

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Habs suck so much that I'm convinced the '' H '' in the logo stands for Hoover:sarcasm:

images

The Montreal Dirt Devils

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I just don’t get why this was initiated by the LEAGUE? Wasn’t the Sens because they used their timeout, and unless I missed something, the refs on the ice said good goal.

Imagine the last 5 seconds of a Stanley Cup game playing out the same way, disallowed goal and all?

Last 2 minutes, league reviews goals.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Molson gave Bergevin (hopefully) one last chance to fix the mess he created by letting him spend to the Cap.
If this does not work then we need to blow up mamagent and start over.
The salary cap issues this team will face because of these asinine contracts will be evident soon.

Drafting for need over BPA should be a fireable offense

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Seriously brutal. This team is bad. Only looked good when the games weren’t tight. Teams are coming into their grooves and habs have zero answers.
Deja-vu. Always start the season out luke gangbusters until.... I don't know really...until the coaching staff has a chance to hammer through their vision? Then kaput. Everything falls off a cliff...PP, PK basically everything.

So weird...for years now. Huh...

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Price is killing us. 0.893% save percentage with a 10.5 million contract. He has to perform or we are dead meat!

Worst day ever was when we drafted Carey Price. We never came close to winning with him, he is so overrated where it is Montral. Now we stuck with that terrible contract. Been much better off selecting Brule or Staal.

Brule ? That guy busted in both CLB and EDM. And Staal isn't very good

I can see a case for Kopitar but aside from that and in hindsight Price was the best pick #5. He , Crosby (no shit) and Kopitar ended up being the best players of that 1st round. Ryan had some good years too but he declined at lightspeed from his mid 20 onward. Same for Jack Johnson

And i'm not a Timmins or Price apologist by any stretch of the imagination. But in hindsight it could have been much worse than that.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Silly question perhaps. Why if it is deemed goalie interference,why don't they blow the whistle immediately to avoid all this mess,would save a lot of time and frustration in the long run would it not?

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
But Trevor Timmins is great...
I don't know this so i am asking.Who has the final call on who is drafted?Bergevin,coach,Timmins all of them ? Timmins seems to get a lot of the blame on here but i somehow doubt he has the final say

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Time between contact and goal is key. If the goalie has time to reset, it’s a good goal.

Like i said the rule doesn't mention that though. The rule only mention that the goalkeeper must have the ability to freely move in his crease and defend his goal. It's questionable whatever 5 seconds his enough time to be mentally ready to defend a goal. My thinking always have been if you willingly touch a goalie in his crease then you can't complain much. Gallagher tried to skate behind the dman and there was no place. He tried to step over the dman and the dman stood his ground so Gallagher went into the crease and touched the goalie. I'm not sure why he complains that much.

Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words,goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), but may be subject to a Coach’s Challenge (see Rule 38). For purposes of this rule, “contact,” whether incidental or otherwise, shall mean any contact that is made between or among a goalkeeper and attacking player(s), whether by means of a stick or any part of the body. The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed. If an attacking player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by a defending player so as to cause him to come into contact with the goalkeeper, such contact will not be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed.

Last edited:

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Price makes great saves but he lets in totally innocuous shots. That's a big problem. He basically lost the game with that fourth goal. As for the rest of the team, I don't like what I'm seeing. I kind of feel we're about to relive what we have lived in the last few years... Hope I'm wrong.
Personally I think we have a leadership issues with this team. And it starts with the coaching staff. But in the locker room too..how else do you explain all the losing streaks and playing below what these guys are capable of. We have a better roster overall then last year...even if it's not great it is definitely better. Something has to give here...shortened season we can't wait for a big losing streak to make the change that is needed. Unfortunately for CJ and I hope Muller also....it is the easiest shake up to make.

Is Ducharme the answer or patch job? Not sure but I would give it a flyer. Let him bring in some guys and see what he can do....but do something soon before it is too late. The GM got some bigger guys that can score and they are doing their job from what I can see. Not sure what system they are trying to play in the D zone but our D ,although not amazing by any means, definitely has the potential the be much better but I feel like they aren't playing up to their strengths.

Just my 2 cents and like many others I am sure that the indifference towards this season is already starting to creep in just like when you are watching a movie you have seen many times before....gets boring after a while.

Reactions: Prendan Brust

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I hope the wheels fall off.ie. 2018. It will force major changes in front office and we have several UFA we could peddle for handsome return. Also, a few other contracts we could move.

I still stand to what i said last deadline. I think MB missed one of the best opportunity for a reset this team ever had at the last deadline. Lot of vets with one year remaining to their contract. Those vets playing well and some of them being the type of players NHL gms love. A losing team with the ability to trade anyone. An upcoming very good draft with good depth in the first round.

I don't dislike what he did this summer. But for me it's too little too late. I said 2-3 years ago he would not be able to sign everyone and improve the team and we are heading that way. Will be very hard for him to sign Danault and Tatar. If we lose both for nothing then the team improved with Anderson and Toffoli but not by much. Defense remains questionable at best even though i think we have two good prospect in Guhle and Romanov.

The problem will remains that the age difference between Weber, Price and our rookies is too big. Once our kids will be ready Price and Weber will be too old. All those problems were foreseeable the day he decided to build his character team and he should have been fired back then. Last deadline was the perfect time to reset and improve our prospects pool and make it more than just good. As it stands we have a good prospects pool but i think lot of people overrate it. We also have two old star players and they will be hard to replace.

Reactions: The Mandalorian

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Leaf fan here ... brutal call at end of game last night ... no one knows what is goalie interference anymore ... Gally is so so right ... da NHL needs to completely detail exactly what it is so refs and video crew know what to do ... if a goalie gets touched and pushed and has 5 seconds to recover and reset is that a GOOD goal??????????? ... what exactly does it mean if there is a fight for position in blue ice and goalie is contacted is that always on da offensive player?????????????? ... what if a player is cross checked into goalie does that count???????????????????? ... today as it sits none of players know what is going on ... again as a Leaf fan watching and a former defender to me that was a good goal ... there was plenty of time for Murray to reset ... da fact that he choose not to reset properly is his fault

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Who was that I bet $5 vbucks to last night? Seems I owe you $5 vbucks now that the Fraud is gone! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad