Post-Game Talk: Habs lose two straight to Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Just saying, it's not like he sent Dano out there. It wasn't a bad choice either way.
Not saying it was a bad choice within the game, Sens went with their 3 kids who are the future of their franchise and that’s huge for their development when they get big minutes, get to play in critical situations and their coach shows confidence in them. That’s an investment for a decade, Perry is one-and-done

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just look how small Price made himself look during that Norris SO attempt. Norris pretty much had the entire top half of the net to shoot at there.

Screenshot_2021-02-24 Ottawa Senators on Twitter.jpg

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I still stand to what i said last deadline. I think MB missed one of the best opportunity for a reset this team ever had at the last deadline. Lot of vets with one year remaining to their contract. Those vets playing well and some of them being the type of players NHL gms love. A losing team with the ability to trade anyone. An upcoming very good draft with good depth in the first round.

I don't dislike what he did this summer. But for me it's too little too late. I said 2-3 years ago he would not be able to sign everyone and improve the team and we are heading that way. Will be very hard for him to sign Danault and Tatar. If we lose both for nothing then the team improved with Anderson and Toffoli but not by much. Defense remains questionable at best even though i think we have two good prospect in Guhle and Romanov.

The problem will remains that the age difference between Weber, Price and our rookies is too big. Once our kids will be ready Price and Weber will be too old. All those problems were foreseeable the day he decided to build his character team and he should have been fired back then. Last deadline was the perfect time to reset and improve our prospects pool and make it more than just good. As it stands we have a good prospects pool but i think lot of people overrate it. We also have two old star players and they will be hard to replace.
Habs have had many chances to rebuild, but I doubt they will ever rebuild. Too much money at stake with tv contracts and radio deals. They will do everything and anything to keep the team around middle of pack. Expect more patchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad