Post-Game Talk: Habs lose two straight to Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

widowmaker

Jun 21, 2009
MB
Price has always been coddled here and by the organization. Realistically he's had 3-4 real good years for which is why he's paid like he is now and those years only equal 1 Vezina and 1 Hart trophies. Been out of the playoffs nearly half of his tenure here and when he is in playoffs hasn't had very much success. ........Not bashing the guy but he is what he is, he's just an average goalie with a below average defense in front of him on an average team. Habs are really nothing but just an average to below average team and organization for a real long time now....That's a GM and ownership issue

widowmaker

Jun 21, 2009
MB
Funny what top line minutes and coaches confidence does for a young player. SO Sens go with Brady, Norris, Stutzle, we start off with Perry.
I honestly didn't mind Perry starting, he tried 5 hole, it was stopped......Little things like that in shootouts are meh to me....Im more critical in the 3 on 3 when he starts danault who doesn't score with Weber's and charoit's .....plays not to lose instead of just going for it....The other night jets in OT ...Maurice goes with 3 forwards, Schefelle Wheeler and Dubois....Go big or go home......Julien please just go home

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The young guns playing in the nhl for both organisations. Who's in better shape? Habs or Sens?
suzuki
kotkaniemi
romanov
drouin
evans
mete

or

stutzle
tkachuck
chabot
white
batherson
branstromm

Don't worry, soon enough we'll be pilling top 5 picks. It's just a matter of time. 2-3 years at most.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Not reading this entire thread. The game remains tainted by that ridiculous call against the Habs last-second goal. Blown calls happen to everyone, but they're especially ugly when they directly determine the final result.

Anyway... maybe there's a consolation. The team is probably pissed off after last night; I predict they'll start a winning streak against Winnipeg.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
When i saw Chiarot 2 times on the 3 on 3 in OT. I knew we were going to lose. Honestly. How as a coach, can you saying : « i want a goal, I want to win, im gonna put chiarot on the ice »! Men. Julien is dumb enough to think it. Most of the time. The third player is a figurant cause there is a lot of 2 on 1 so it could be me or chiarot on the ice there will no difference. He just has to put imhis stick in the middle for cut the pass. Men. Thats awful. Sorry julien you deserve the lost

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I just don’t get why this was initiated by the LEAGUE? Wasn’t the Sens because they used their timeout, and unless I missed something, the refs on the ice said good goal.

Imagine the last 5 seconds of a Stanley Cup game playing out the same way, disallowed goal and all?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
When i saw Chiarot 2 times on the 3 on 3 in OT. I knew we were going to lose. Honestly. How as a coach, can you saying : « i want a goal, I want to win, im gonna put chiarot on the ice »! Men. Julien is dumb enough to think it. Most of the time. The third player is a figurant cause there is a lot of 2 on 1 so it could be me or chiarot on the ice there will no difference. He just has to put imhis stick in the middle for cut the pass. Men. Thats awful. Sorry julien you deserve the lost

With Chiarot on the ice twice, I knew we were playing not to lose.

Reactions: Hins77

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Mr. 10.5 is obviously the best goaltender in the NHL.

I’m trying to find the end of season presser a few years back when Bergevin referred to Price as being not ‘ the best goalie in the league’ , nor the best player in the league, but called him THE GREATEST ‘ATHLETE IN THE WORLD’

Reactions: MillanDynasty

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Not reading this entire thread. The game remains tainted by that ridiculous call against the Habs last-second goal. Blown calls happen to everyone, but they're especially ugly when they directly determine the final result.

Anyway... maybe there's a consolation. The team is probably pissed off after last night; I predict they'll start a winning streak against Winnipeg.
The difference between anger, despair, and apathy is small. If Winnipeg scores the first goal on Jake Allen next game, the floodgates will open. It will get ugly fast.
I feel like this team has been angry for a while, and after tomorrow's game, the needle is redlining. Disallowed goal, goalie not saving the team, getting constantly outplayed by Ottawa. What's gonna give...

Reactions: Lshap

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009

Do they really need Toronto to review these calls, let the refs use the replay and what they saw with their eyes to make the call. I would say go with TO but they have been wildly inconsistent at best. If you are going to use a central review then it needs to be modified. My suggestion,
  • Two people independently reviewing each call (different room) different city doesn't matter.
  • One is a former goalie and one is a former shooter (to avoid favoring goalie or shooter)
  • Both must independently agree or call on ice stands.
  • Glenn Healey and Garry Galley need not apply
Maybe it wouldn't be any better but I can't see how it would be worse.

Reactions: Lshap

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-2-24_8-7-18.png

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I just don’t get why this was initiated by the LEAGUE? Wasn’t the Sens because they used their timeout, and unless I missed something, the refs on the ice said good goal.

Imagine the last 5 seconds of a Stanley Cup game playing out the same way, disallowed goal and all?

I believe all goals scored in the last minute of a game are reviewed by the league

Reactions: Altimus

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Any reviewable goal in the final minute or two is reviewed by the league.

As for the ref calling the goal, he pointed at the net when Danault scored. But he didn't judge it a goal on the Gallagher deflection because the puck was in and out so fast that he probably didn't know if it was in or not. But no matter what happened after the Gallagher deflection doesn't count, even the ref confirming the Danault goal.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Julien is done. Mark my words, he’s fired in the next 24 hours.
Habs have traditional got worse as the season progresses and real "teams" with actual first line centermen gell.

Bergevins rosters are duck soup when the season gets rolling.

But hey , hes only half way through a twenty year rebuild.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Despite the Habs getting screwed in the end, and not playing a good game overall, the fact they were able to come back from being down 3-2, and taking a 4-3 lead that was short lived.

So there is something to hold onto if I'm the Habs. That they didn't play a good game, but were still able to come back.

Also, after the Drouin 3-2 goal, the Habs showed some life and started to play better. The Sens were still not making it easy on them, but if I'm the GM, coach, and players, I'm looking at that as a sign that you're still able to play the way you did at the start. Something to build on going into the next set of games.

Reactions: Deebs

HespelerGreenFlash

Dec 20, 2007
Is their anyone on this site that wouldnt have stopped the one handed backhand that Price let blow by. Probably not. Start Allen . Price is shot

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I mean... I cant be mat at the ref , like Gallagher chasing down the ref and berating him.. it just doesnt make any sense, it wasnt the refs fault in this situation

the ref CALLED it a goal when it happened... it wasnt him that called it back, someone told him to overturn it.. theres simply people in toronto that simply and obviously...dont like us, i mean its the only explanation

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Price has always been coddled here and by the organization. Realistically he's had 3-4 real good years for which is why he's paid like he is now and those years only equal 1 Vezina and 1 Hart trophies. Been out of the playoffs nearly half of his tenure here and when he is in playoffs hasn't had very much success. ........Not bashing the guy but he is what he is, he's just an average goalie with a below average defense in front of him on an average team. Habs are really nothing but just an average to below average team and organization for a real long time now....That's a GM and ownership issue
Price is killing us. 0.893% save percentage with a 10.5 million contract. He has to perform or we are dead meat!

Worst day ever was when we drafted Carey Price. We never came close to winning with him, he is so overrated where it is Montral. Now we stuck with that terrible contract. Been much better off selecting Brule or Staal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad