Post-Game Talk: Habs lose two straight to Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You shouldn’t be in the situation against Ottawa where you need a last second goal to win. Yes. Wrong call. BS refereeing but the team didn’t even deserve a point.

Gallagher should be pissed that his team allowed 40 shots against last team in the league. That his goalie can’t stop a beach ball, that they can’t complete 2 passes on the same play, that the head doesn’t know where the ass is.

don’t disagree with Gallagher about the goal called back but this is not why the team lost.
Did he say it was why the team lost?

Maybe I missed something but I don't think he did. Either way, I completely agree with him here.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Did he say it was why the team lost?

Maybe I missed something but I don't think he did.
He didn't say it. I said it. He is absolutely right what he said. It's a f***ing farce and I was really hoping that Gallagher or somebody loses it on the refs. But as usual Habs tucked they tails between their legs and proceeded to promptly lose in SO.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
If the goal counts game is over & we win, so ultimately it is why we lost. But, yes, we never should have gotten to that point.

Price is playing as bad as he was just before Therrien was fired. I still remember MT yelling at him, "make a f***ing save." :laugh:
One of very few times where Therrien wasn't wrong. I really don't understnad what is this hold that Price has on this organization.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Not a trolling question. I really am wondering what needs to happen for Habs to fire Julien and get rid of Price. I wonder if Bergevin is actually considering either... while it is much easier for him to can Julien, I wonder if somehow behind the scenes he might be thinking about how to offload Price. Price is lucky Habs are playing without fans in the stands. Otherwise he'd be hearing boo birds rain on him.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
The refs made the right call on the disallowed goal. Gallagher was in the crease, made contact with Murray, who got spinner around, then couldn't find the puck. If anything, Gallagher should have gotten a 2 minutes for interference. Lots of people here have never played hockey in their lives.

Goalies get scored on when they know where the puck is coming from, but are obstructed by players. Now imagine not knowing where the puck is and you are obstructed on top of it

Gallagher knew what he was doing, but he's crying like the little b**** he is.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
The refs made the right call on the disallowed goal. Gallagher was in the crease, made contact with Murray, who got spinner around, then couldn't find the puck. If anything, Gallagher should have gotten a 2 minutes for interference. Lots of people here have never played hockey in their lives.

Goalies get scored on when they know where the puck is coming from, but are obstructed by players. Now imagine not knowing where the puck is and you are obstructed on top of it

loll Murray spinned his dang self around and just stopped playing cuz he thought the game was over

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
One of very few times where Therrien wasn't wrong. I really don't understnad what is this hold that Price has on this organization.

Look no further than some of the power posters on these boards. Price has people mesmerized as though he can do no wrong, if he lets in a goal I would have stopped theres always an excuse for it.

Perhaps that extends to the dressing room because of the irrational popularity of a guy who the majority of the time plays as a below average NHL goaltender.

We can't allow a few amazing saves blind us to the fact that Price costs us more games than he wins us. Full stop. And yet the masses do accept it and even defend it, and thus so does the management.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013

Worst comment and observation in the history of these storied forums.Can't believe you took the time to write it.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Not a trolling question. I really am wondering what needs to happen for Habs to fire Julien and get rid of Price. I wonder if Bergevin is actually considering either... while it is much easier for him to can Julien, I wonder if somehow behind the scenes he might be thinking about how to offload Price. Price is lucky Habs are playing without fans in the stands. Otherwise he'd be hearing boo birds rain on him.
To be real honest , for habs to fire everybody would be that some scandal in the team happens , habs misses the playoff and then perhaps this team would turn into rebuilding.

Bergevin has to be cautious of what is he gonna do. You saw him all night when Rds showed him nonstop , hes worried asf. After 2-3 years of non spending the salary cap and wasting the prime years of Price and Weber and his disaster of drafting talent , Bergevin went all in this offseason due that the habs were gonna play in a terrible division.

Bergevin spent in total this ''summer'' 750k on Frolik , 750k on Perry , 38.5m on Anderson , 16m on Toffoli , 14m on Edmundson , 10.1m on Allen and 25m on Petry. For a total of 105.1m US in a covid cap.
That's alot of money to go all in. He hired another coach at 5m a year for 5 years that did not make the playoffs in 7 years.

He dodged a bullet when Danault refused 6x5m

I'd say at this point that the only chance that Muller , Julien keep their job , would be to make playoffs and make it alteast to 3rd round.

As for Price , the day he signed that luxury contract he was bound to die in Montreal. Even now if you wanted to trade him , who would take his ass? Even Seattle at this point would just take Allen for nothing.
The only players you can get in a return for Price would be like Skinner , Vlasic. Those kinds of awful players with garbage ass returns. Price has no value and even less with covid.

This team is doomed by contracts , terrible decisions , unable to draft , awful coaching staff , awful gm and a stupid owner that buys every stupid shit that Bergevin says.

The only thing that can save this team already happened and it's a global pandemic. This canadian division is awful , better yet the other teams are starting to pill up on injuries while we stay healthy. The best we will do is make playoffs at like 4th place and probably lose first round and media and the team will sell that the habs will be even better next year when we lose Danault , Tatar , Armia. Weber , Chariot and Price being complete ass and getting real old.

The only Mirage this season was playing against Vancouver.

Last edited:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Or, just use a translator. If it's good enough for diplomatic relations it should be fine for hockey.

The sad thing is, it's usually not the hockey fans who complain. It's local Quebec government officials or people I'd consider to be borderline fans. I have a large group of relatives who live in Northern Quebec. The majority of them have never left Quebec, and won't even come visit me in Ontario because "Ces putains d’Anglais y vivent." lol

Even they don't care what language our GM or Coach speaks. They just want to see the Habs win the Cup. I understand being proud of your heritage. I'm incredibly proud of mine. It's reached a point now where these positions should be opened up to everyone. Until that time comes, our beloved team will face a handicap, that they realistically shouldn't have too.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
To be real honest , for habs to fire everybody would be that some scandal in the team happens , habs misses the playoff and then perhaps this team would turn into rebuilding.

Bergevin has to be cautious of what is he gonna do. You saw him all night when Rds showed him nonstop , hes worried asf. After 2-3 years of non spending the salary cap and wasting the prime years of Price and Weber and his disaster of drafting talent , Bergevin went all in this offseason due that the habs were gonna play in a terrible division.

Bergevin spent in total this ''summer'' 750k on Frolik , 750k on Perry , 38.5m on Anderson , 16m on Toffoli , 14m on Edmundson , 10.1m on Allen and 25m on Petry. For a total of 105.1m US in a covid cap.
That's alot of money to go all in. He hired another coach at 5m a year for 5 years that did not make the playoffs in 7 years.

He dodged a bullet when Danault refused 6x5m

I'd say at this point that the only chance that Muller , Julien keep their job , would be to make playoffs and make it alteast to 3rd round.

As for Price , the day he signed that luxury contract he was bound to die in Montreal. Even now if you wanted to trade him , who would take his ass? Even Seattle at this point would just take Allen for nothing.
The only players you can get in a return for Price would be like Skinner , Vlasic. Those kinds of awful players with garbage ass returns. Price has no value and even less with covid.

This team is doomed by contracts , terrible decisions , unable to draft , awful coaching staff , awful gm and a stupid owner that buys every stupid shit that Bergevin says.

The only thing that can save this team already happened and it's a global pandemic. This canadian division is awful , better yet the other teams are starting to pill up on injuries while we stay healthy. The best we will do is make playoffs at like 4th place and probably lose first round and media and the team will sell that the habs will be even better next year when we lose Danault , Tatar , Armia. Weber , Chariot and Price being complete ass and getting real old.

The only Mirage this season was playing against Vancouver.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
Nothing can be done. Bergevin would never admit such a mistake. It was his decision to build around aging Price and Weber. Also, it was his decision to build it for Claude " Playoffs 1 out of 5 seasons" Julien.

2-3 years until another soft rebuild. Goldfish brain Moulson forgets this ever happened.

Yannman

May 25, 2018
The young guns playing in the nhl for both organisations. Who's in better shape? Habs or Sens?
suzuki
kotkaniemi
romanov
drouin
evans
mete

or

stutzle
tkachuck
chabot
white
batherson
branstromm

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Look no further than some of the power posters on these boards. Price has people mesmerized as though he can do no wrong, if he lets in a goal I would have stopped theres always an excuse for it.

Perhaps that extends to the dressing room because of the irrational popularity of a guy who the majority of the time plays as a below average NHL goaltender.

We can't allow a few amazing saves blind us to the fact that Price costs us more games than he wins us. Full stop. And yet the masses do accept it and even defend it, and thus so does the management.

Pretty much... seems to me that the expectation for the highest paid goalie in the league and highest paid player on the team (by far) should be more than 'don't let in a soft goal'. The sum of his play (totality of 5 bell saves + soft goals allowed) can best be described as mediocre even if the D in front of him has also been pretty bad.

widowmaker

Jun 21, 2009
MB
The young guns playing in the nhl for both organisations. Who's in better shape? Habs or Sens?
suzuki
kotkaniemi
romanov
drouin
evans
mete

or

stutzle
tkachuck
chabot
white
batherson
branstromm
Ottawa easily.......it's not really even close.....,...stutzle..Tkachuk..Chabot are all better and will be better than anything we've got right now out of the young players

Reactions: DXStriker

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
suzuki
kotkaniemi
romanov
drouin
evans
mete

or

stutzle
tkachuck
chabot
white
batherson
branstromm
Anyone who answers Habs is blinded by the kool-aid and doesn't know very much about hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad