Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Oilers. It wasn’t the wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
I'm definitely pulling for the Canucks now. How awesome would that be, if they passed the Habs

I hadn't even thought about the draft until a couple of days ago, now I'm more excited by that then the rest of the games :(

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Honestly, I've been sorely disappointed after the hot start, so much that this team turned me off completely. Once again. I didn't think they had it in them to disappoint me so much that I pretty much would get completely disinterested, all of that in a pandemic world where pretty much the only thing you can do past 8 is watching hockey.

It's time for Bergevin to go. And I'm not even a hater. Enough with rationalizing each and every single move individually. There's something rotten in this team and a major shakeup is needed. Nobody should be exempt from criticism, from Weber who's playing like a pile of hot trash, to Suzuki, who tries to toe-drag at the blueline of the offensive zone in a 1-0 game against a division rival.

I remember one game against Calgary at the beginning of the year where KK and Evans were targetted pretty clearly with Weber watching elsewhere. I tuned out on him that very night and I suspect a lot of his teammates did the same. I think it's time to trade the guy this summer and I think it's crystal clear who the real captain of this team is right now; Gallagher.

And since Bergevin is never going to be caught alive trying to trade Weber...

PS. Get Caufield back down in the minors. Let him play for a winning team and gain confidence, and make him earn his spot next year at training camp. Enough with rushing promising (teenage) players to save our 7.8 and 10.5 stars.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
You know with the covid year and no hockey for a long stretch I was finally used to not watching this team anymore but in the famous words of Al Pacino "just when I thought I was out they pull me back in" :facepalm: what a loser organization this is from top to bottom.

Jul 6, 2016
I watched the highlights and wow, McDavid turned into a demon and got over the hump of being shut down by the habs this season. He is amazing to watch in beast mode.

The Habs was the only team "so far" who had not tasted his furor and impact.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Please Please Please take Weber off the powerplay.
Off the roster would be even better. I actually liked the deal to get him and it was beneficial for a while, but he's declined so quickly. He's arguably the worst defenceman on the team. If he was producing, you could overlook his short comings, but he's not even doing that.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Being a Habs fan is like being in a 50 year marriage; you can't stand each other anymore, but still madly in love and would never consider divorcing.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Nobody on this team can carry the play. Not one single player.

They've been outplayed for a while now by every team.

Drouin and KK are complete passangers.

Anderson and Perry were just okay last night, Allen was borderline great.

With Price in net for whole game we probably would have lost 10-1

Reactions: angusyoung

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Well, in fairness, Gally-Danault-TT play against the top lines so it allows our secondary scoring to face potentially weaker opposition.

That said, I don’t think (missing) Gally is the root of our problems.

Dunno about that. Often the first line is the weaker line defensively. When Danault's line play against the top line all game long it means we send other players against the opponent's more defensive minded lines. The result of this equation is we don't score. We have been using this strategy for what? 4 years now? The result has always been the same. Like the old saying goes "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Obviously you will play your defensive line against the top line in key situation. Defensive zone faceoffs. End of a period. If you are leading by 2 goals. If you are leading by 1 in the 2nd half of the 3rd period. But yesterday we took the lead early on in the 2nd period and then overplayed Danault to death. I was not surprised to see Edmonton coming back in the 3rd period at all.

Reactions: RandR

Aces on the road

Oct 27, 2020
Do people feel good about not selling anything in the past three years now? Lmao.

Petry last year
Tatar in the past two
Danault in the past two
Gally instead of signing him for 6 years
Byron two years ago
Armia this year
Weber
Or not drafting kk

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I believe Merrill and Gustafsson will be available next game. I really hope Ducharme doesn’t take Romanov out of the line-up.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Toronto: Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander
Ottawa: Tkachuk, Stutzle, Chabot
Edmonton: McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH
Calgary: Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Markstrom
Winnipeg: Scheifele, Wheeler, Ehlers, Connor, PLD, Hellebuyck
Vancouver: Petersson, Hughes

We don't have a single player as valuable/talented as any of those listed above. How can we expect to win with literally 0 star power?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I believe Merrill and Gustafsson will be available next game. I really hope Ducharme doesn’t take Romanov out of the line-up.
If you look at the TOI from last night, I fully expect Romanov to sit despite him being the team's best defenseman yesterday. It'll be super fun and not frustrating at all.

Reactions: habsfan891

RandR

May 15, 2011
Obviously you will play your defensive line against the top line in key situation. Defensive zone faceoffs. End of a period. If you are leading by 2 goals. If you are leading by 1 in the 2nd half of the 3rd period. But yesterday we took the lead early on in the 2nd period and then overplayed Danault to death. I was not surprised to see Edmonton coming back in the 3rd period at all.
Good point. I think this was Oiler’s coach Tippett’s strategy. The Oilers have such poor forward depth that he couldn’t rely on secondary scoring to win as long as Price and then Allen were playing so well. So he played McDavid and Draisaitl to death (I think they each played over 27 minutes, which is insane for a forward in a regulation-length game) to wear down Danault. It worked.

Unfortunately, now that McDavid has broken through against the Habs it will be even harder to the Habs to beat the Oilers on Wednesday.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
As pathetic as the Habs are, there’s something more pathetic about needing McDavid and Draisaitl to play 27 minutes in regulation to beat this team

Reactions: Spring in Fialta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad