Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Oilers. It wasn’t the wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Worst centre group in the NHL again. And again and again. This is the reason we are mediocre
You keep dodging the question, again and again and again.

Who are they supposed to setup? Who's our finisher in the top 6?

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
You keep dodging the question, again and again and again.

Who are they supposed to setup? Who's our finisher in the top 6?
Sorry what?? Anderson? Tofolli. Gallagher? Tatar? They can’t score
Or how bout KK score more goals?? No?
22 goals in 158 games. That must be everyone else’s fault. I guess he’s a pure playmaker? 39 assists in 158 games
It’s the wingers fault. Got it. He sets them up and they shoot wide or at the goalie. Sorry my mistake.
Yea he’s really setting people Up on the PP as well. Ok man

Last edited:

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Sorry what?? Anderson? Tofolli. Gallagher? Tatar? They can’t score
Or how bout KK score more goals?? No?
22 goals in 158 games. That must be everyone else’s fault. I guess he’s a pure playmaker? 39 assists in 158 games
It’s the wingers fault. Got it. He sets them up and they shoot wide or at the goalie. Sorry my mistake.
Toffoli is streaky as hell, he often goes on a 4-5 name scoreless drought
Tyler Toffoli

Tatar is the definition of streaky, he even went 10 game without a goal in March
Tomas Tatar

Anderson, multiple 5-7 scoreless games
Tomas Tatar

Gallagher's goals are "garbage goals" it's his bread and butter. He doesn't score often off a rush or a direct pass. He battles for the puck in front of the net and shoves it in.

What team have you been watching?

Yes, a center isn't necessarily a goal scorer, he is the playmaker. He's supposed to be a good passer, fast skater and good defensively so he can back check and rush back to defend. If he has a scoring touch, that's all the better.

I'm starting to think you don't quite understand the game.

Reactions: Toene

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
I believe the root of the problem is that high profile players don’t want to play in Montreal. That’s why it’s so hard to find a solid #1 centre.

Reactions: HabsForHire

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Toffoli is streaky as hell, he often hoes on a 4-5 name scoreless drought
Tyler Toffoli

Tatar is the definition of streaky, he even went 10 game without a goal in March
Tomas Tatar

Anderson, multiple 5-7 scoreless games
Tomas Tatar

Gallagher's goals are "garbage goals" it's his bread and butter. He doesn't score often off a rush or a direct pass. He battles for the puck in front of the net and shoves it in.

What team have you been watching?

Yes, a center isn't necessarily a goal scorer, he is the playmaker. He's supposed to be a good passer, fast skater and good defensively so he can back check and rush back to defend. If he has a scoring touch, that's all the better.

I'm starting to think you don't quite understand the game.
That’s all you got ?? I don’t understand?? That’s what defeated people say
Oh KK isn’t fast. He isn’t a good goal scorer
He isn’t and effective playmaker
He’s only succeeding a bit on face offs
He’s playing prime minutes on the PP. he’s failing
Why isn’t Kk getting secondary assists? Oh cuz he’s not involved. He’s weak. Falls all the time
Can’t score. Misses wide open nets.

Yup I don’t understand. He’s not asked to kill penalties. His job is to produce ? Is he? No. I guess you don’t understand Hockey at all
Later bud

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I believe the root of the problem is that high profile players don’t want to play in Montreal. That’s why it’s so hard to find a solid #1 centre.

The way most teams get #1 centres is by drafting and developing them not by picking them up as UFA’s. A few other teams have traded for them when they don’t have NMC. But for the most part the way to get top centres is through the draft.

Reactions: angusyoung

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
That’s all you got ?? I don’t understand?? That’s what defeated people say
Oh KK isn’t fast. He isn’t a good goal scorer
He isn’t and effective playmaker
He’s only succeeding a bit on face offs
He’s playing prime minutes on the PP. he’s failing
Why isn’t Kk getting secondary assists? Oh cuz he’s not involved. He’s weak. Falls all the time
Can’t score. Misses wide open nets.

Yup I don’t understand. He’s not asked to kill penalties. His job is to produce ? Is he? No. I guess you don’t understand Hockey at all
Later bud
All I have? All you've been saying is they suck and can't even defend a single point or comparison you made man!

I called you out on calling Suzuki's 50 point pace a joke but wanting 40 point Pleks back, you dodged.
I called you out on saying they can't pass the puck asking you who is the finisher on our team, you dodged.
You brought up Toffoli, Anderson, Tatar and Gallagher, I showed you with stats the flaw in your argument and you come back with this.

KK's not involved with whom ffs? Who are his wingers? He's playing with scrubs that can't hit the side of a barn, how is he supposed to get secondary or primary assists?

When he's on the PP it sucks less than when he's not, he keeps plays alive and actually does a decent job at it. You're just throwing shit against the wall now hoping something sicks.

You're hating for the sake of hating.

You
Have
No
Argument.
Period. Full stop.

Reactions: HabsForHire

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
All I have? All you've been saying is they suck and can't even defend a single point or comparison you made man!

I called you out on calling Suzuki's 50 point pace a joke but wanting 40 point Pleks back, you dodged.
I called you out on saying they can't pass the puck asking you who is the finisher on our team, you dodged.
You brought up Toffoli, Anderson, Tatar and Gallagher, I showed you with stats the flaw in your argument and you come back with this.

KK's not involved with whom ffs? Who are his wingers? He's playing with scrubs that can't hit the side of a barn, how is he supposed to get secondary or primary assists?

When he's on the PP it sucks less than when he's not, he keeps plays alive and actually does a decent job at it. You're just throwing shit against the wall now hoping something sicks.

You
Have
No
Argument.
Period. Full stop.
Lol. Ok man. Your knowledge is lacking. It’a clear.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Lol. Ok man. Your knowledge is lacking. It’a clear. Hold on the pp that can’t score is better when he’s on it?? Lol
4 pts In 15 games. Lol
In his draft year faberee and Even zadina have a better PPG average. So please stop. Enjoy your night

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT

You
Have
No
Argument.
Period. Full stop.
Those posters haven't stopped posting in this thread with their obvious hate for the player for days now. And wont stop as they need to be the one with the last word. Either ignore or stop replying is the only way :D

Reactions: Edgy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Our centers are young and developing. Not worried about them at all.

Our D is the problem. It sucks and it's killed us for years. It's hurt us defensively and offensively. MB should be fired for this alone.

As for our wingers, I actually feel pretty good about them, esp with CC coming up.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

asked about his struggling play... "hey man, it's a team game".

watches teammate take an illegal hit right. in. front. of. his face. ... "not my problem... time for a break".

maybe it's not such a coincidence that Weber's run as captain will go down as one of the least successful, results-wise, in habs history.

Koivu or Gionta wouldn't have reacted that way, even if it were Chara instead of McD making that hit. That was downright pathetic.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Funny how a properly built D-core can fix a terrible transition game and that in turn leads to success for the entire team...almost like a Top Secret recipe that's not exactly Top Secret...

Imagine our forwards with a prime Markov-like. Hell, imagine it with Sergachev at minimum.

Gotta hope the next GM doesn't have massive blindspots like that.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
No. What does that have to do with the results of the past decade? :huh:

A lot IMO. What do the 'results' under Bergevin have to do with anything? What have they accomplished aside from being embarrassed in semis 8 seasons ago with a team built 90+% by previous management?

If we're to nitpick and actually look at the last 10 years:

11/12 to 14/15:
Montreal Canadiens without a doubt were better than Panthers/Oilers. Made playoffs 3 years in a row, including final 4, and were good in regular season aside from one lottery pick finish.

15/16 to 20/21:
Panthers/Oilers not only drafted better but built a core/roster that no one can deny is more preferable to what Montreal has today. Made the playoffs the same amount of times during this period.

I don't think it's as obviously more favourable to Montreal as you point it out to be.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Funny how a properly built D-core can fix a terrible transition game and that in turn leads to success for the entire team...almost like a Top Secret recipe that's not exactly Top Secret...

It was pretty obvious even before the season began that having 3 (hell you can add a 4th to the mix with Merill now) towering slow stay at home D in the top 4 was going to be problematic. Bergevin tried to build a physical "fort" in front of a declining Price but that was a bad idea from the start imho. That D would have been fantastic back in the 90's hooking era but....unfortunately we're not in 1997 but in 2021.

It may have been better if our puck movers (aside from Petry) were not either inexperienced (Romanov) , weak (Mete ) , sub par (Kulak) or just plain AHL material (Ouellet) but that ain't the case. And no Gustafsson ain't exactly the answer either.

I truly believe the Habs should have paid the asking price for Ekholm when he was rumored to be available. A couple of months ago. Now that would have been a solid worthy improvment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->