Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Oilers. It wasn’t the wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
The two new guys (Anderson and Toffoli) provided the scoring punch in the beginning and Claude was the benefactor. New broom sweeps clean.
Those two guys are coming back down to Earth.

Ducharme is stuck with a COVID team and a tough schedule. Unfortunately the young group is not picking up the pace. It's tough to watch right now. Just no finishers ATM. Gallagher is sorely missed.

Oh.........and Drouin is just dreadful. It looks like he cannot wait to get off of the ice and end his shift. Petry can't maintain either nor should he have to.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
What I find sad is that no one hits McDavid.

The guy plays dirty and hits some players and no one goes to crack him.

Why show him so much respect?
Crack him in the boards, in front of tje net, in open ice FFS.

Make him be afraid to go to the net.

It's ridiculous that 20 year old Romanov is our most physical D.

Frickin Byron has more hits than half out D for crying out loud!

Ridiculous!
^^^^^ THIS^^^^

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I don't think that Weber ever wanted to be in Montreal, I always felt that he was forced to be here because MB was the only one stupid enough to take on his monster contract despite him being in decline. "When they offer you Shea Weber".......
How did it go again?
When they offer you Shea Weber, you pull the trigger and shoot the dog? Is that how it went?

Yea, when they offer you Shea Weber, you pull the trigger and shoot the dog. I like the sound of it.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
My GF asked me if she could watch Big Brother instead of 1st period of Habs game last night and I said might as well, at least we'll see some people actually trying to win something :laugh:

Was hoping Habs would prove me wrong, yet here we are.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
My GF asked me if she could watch Big Brother instead of 1st period of Habs game last night and I said might as well, at least we'll see some people actually trying to win something :laugh:

Was hoping Habs would prove me wrong, yet here we are.

For 40 min they were in it and showing a little jam.

Then the third period rolled around and the wheels fell off

Reactions: Gally11

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The gally and price injuries are gonna save Bergevins job, its disgusting
He spent 100 million dollars with no fans in the stands and we still have a mediocre team, if he's not fired this year, then when? The funny thing would be that MB gets canned this year and next season, Suzuki, KK, Romanov and Caufield all turn out to be star players. That would be a riot.

Reactions: Redux91

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He spent 100 million dollars with no fans in the stands and we still have a mediocre team, if he's not fired this year, then when? The funny thing would be that MB gets canned this year and next season, Suzuki, KK, Romanov and Caufield all turn out to be star players. That would be a riot.

would be no different than how he benefited from Price/PK/Patches turning into star players when he took over...

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
would be no different than how he benefited from Price/PK/Patches turning into star players when he took over...
And in my opinion, the biggest gaffe of the Bergevin era was how he was either unable or unwilling to take what he inherited and add to it.

I can't understand how he felt that core group and some good vets were not good enough and he proceeded to scrap that and build a team in his own image that is nowhere near as good as what he inherited.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The gally and price injuries are gonna save Bergevins job, its disgusting

I would think right now that bergy's job hinges more on his contract status (I don't know how many years he has left), and the team's playoff performance if they get there.

He spent to the cap this year and made a team that was supposed to feature depth as one of it main strengths, so the injury excuse probably wont sell to ownership.

If you spend more money but continue to get similar results, it's going to be very difficult to stay on regardless what we think of ownership, especially after the ownership provided an 8 year run.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
For 40 min they were in it and showing a little jam.

Then the third period rolled around and the wheels fell off

A7oVQR.gif

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Just a song that played a lot when I was a kid. One hit wonder. Used to be Whitney Houston's hubby.

Not sure I ever heard that song. I certainly know who they were though,they were at the same resort as us way back in the day but pretty much kept to themselves. It was a bit of an outrage at the time as she had just given n birth not that long ago.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Theyre the biggest worries. Teams are built down the middle. Pleks is better than any centres we have here
Pleks in his rookie years wasn't any better. These guys are still rookies and developing. Comparing a veteran Pleks to kids playing their second season is ludicrous.

Seriously, who amongst our top 6 would you call a finisher? Who exactly are they supposed to setup if half of the top 6 can't even keep up with them?

Our biggest worry is our colander defense. We can't keep the puck out of our zone, we can't skate with puck out of our zone and we're slow as molasses. Then our top 6 wingers, then our #1 goalie's consistency and then you can talk to me about Suzuki and KK not being good enough.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Pleks in his rookie years wasn't any better. These guys are still rookies and developing. Comparing a veteran Pleks to kids playing their second season is ludicrous.

Seriously, who amongst our top 6 would you call a finisher? Who exactly are they supposed to setup if half of the top 6 can't even keep up with them?

Our biggest worry is our colander defense. We can't keep the puck out of our zone, we can't skate with puck out of our zone and we're slow as molasses. Then our top 6 wingers, then our #1 goalie's consistency and then you can talk to me about Suzuki and KK not being good enough.
Worst centre group in the NHL again. And again and again. This is the reason we are mediocre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad