Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Oilers. It wasn’t the wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto: Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander
Ottawa: Tkachuk, Stutzle, Chabot
Edmonton: McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH
Calgary: Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Markstrom
Winnipeg: Scheifele, Wheeler, Ehlers, Connor, PLD, Hellebuyck
Vancouver: Petersson, Hughes

We don't have a single player as valuable/talented as any of those listed above. How can we expect to win with literally 0 star power?

We have "star" power..... but these stars are about to be extincted.... Weber, Price, Perry, Staal

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah, I wish that we had that problem lol. jk

True. Unfortunately you have to be lucky for it to happen. The year they got McDavid, it could have just as easily been a draft year with a Nugent-Hopkins or Hischier “meh” guy on top.

And when the Habs draft 3rd they get the likes of Galchenyuk and KK, not a Draisaitl.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Oiler in Peace
Im just curious, whats going on with Ryan Poehling? He looked really good a few years ago.
Im not here to cause trouble, but I would have a look at your scouting department. Our drafting was terrible for years and it really set us back. In 2018, I thought u guys really took a big chance with JK at 3rd. Its easy to be a Armchair GM right now but Tkachuk and Hughes looked really good at the time. Im thinking Bergevin's time is up

RandR

May 15, 2011
True. Unfortunately you have to be lucky for it to happen. The year they got McDavid, it could have just as easily been a draft year with a Nugent-Hopkins or Hischier “meh” guy on top.

And when the Habs draft 3rd they get the likes of Galchenyuk and KK, not a Draisaitl.
Even with that, in the Draisaitl year there were plenty of centres ranked at the top but only Draisaitl turned out to be a star amongst the 3 centres (Reinhart then Draisaitl then Bennett) who were drafted 2-3-4 after Ekblad. So if even if the Habs had the 3rd pick that year they could have ended up with Reinhart or Bennett if the Oilers or a different team other than the Sabres had picked 2nd.

Some teams do draft better than others, but there is no doubt that the luck of who is available in a given year at a certain spot makes a big difference for all teams looking to draft a future star.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
We are going to squeak into the playoffs, get eliminated early, get a mid round draft pick, draft a mediocre player and continue this cycle every year. A true rebuild is the only way. None of our young guys are true superstar caliber player to really lead the team that every cup winning team has.
And we will still watch because we love our mediocre team :) *cries*

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Honnestly the boys played decent last night they just dont have the horses. We have been punching up for like 20 years whats new. Roster is absolutely shit on paper. Its just a pathetic state of affairs when we are relying on COREY PERRY AND STAAL to score goals for us LMFAO what an embarassement . This is some dwight king at the deadline type of embarassement. WTF is this roster??????????????????????????????????????????can we just tank for 10 years already so maybe one day we can have something interesting to watch like edmonton fans. The worst is Johny D . Oh my good is he bad its actually hilarious :laugh:. Can we please just tank for 5 years

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Toronto: Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander
Ottawa: Tkachuk, Stutzle, Chabot
Edmonton: McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH
Calgary: Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Markstrom
Winnipeg: Scheifele, Wheeler, Ehlers, Connor, PLD, Hellebuyck
Vancouver: Petersson, Hughes

We don't have a single player as valuable/talented as any of those listed above. How can we expect to win with literally 0 star power?

#Character
#Attitude
#Truculence
#Biceps

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
BIEEuKN.jpg
Don't speak French but well done.

Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Price needs to pack it in. He always breaking down and will not get healthy and he has a family,that should be his priority. Do himself and his family a favor and the Habs too.

I mentioned earlier that while he's still not that old, he's already played a ton of games. Andy Moog is next guy on the games played list infront of him, and he played into his late 30s, which gives an idea of the miles on his body.

I mean, this is the way Luongo eventually exited the game. He just couldn't stay healthy anymore. Granted he was also around 39 or 40 at the time, but at some point, price is going to get to that mentality too. It probably won't be yet because he's early into a handsome contract though. You talk about looking out for his family, well, he can't leave all that money on the table even if he was having thoughts about hanging them up right now.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I mentioned earlier that while he's still not that old, he's already played a ton of games. Andy Moog is next guy on the games played list infront of him, and he played into his late 30s, which gives an idea of the miles on his body.

I mean, this is the way Luongo eventually exited the game. He just couldn't stay healthy anymore. Granted he was also around 39 or 40 at the time, but at some point, price is going to get to that mentality too. It probably won't be yet because he's early into a handsome contract though. You talk about looking out for his family, well, he can't leave all that money on the table even if he was having thoughts about hanging them up right now.

His heart just doesn't look like he's into it,so playing just for the coin? should be banished.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
His heart just doesn't look like he's into it,so playing just for the coin? should be banished.

He's fully within his right. The nhl is generally a league which restricts your earning power in your younger years.

He should be able to reap the rewards, just like how he went through the phase of having little leverage earlier in his career.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He's fully within his right. The nhl is generally a league which restricts your earning power in your younger years.

He should be able to reap the rewards, just like how he went through the phase of having little leverage earlier in his career.

Sure it's his prerogative but that says a lot about him doesn't it. He has earned more than most people already,how much greed outweighs the prudent choice.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Drouin has managed to even test the patience of someone who hates hockey. I think we should pay attention to how she chose to deal with the situation -- it's a necessary act of self-preservation that might ultimately help some of us.

Haha although I agree - I probably shouldn't pass your message on

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
The Subban trade was a bad trade after all...
In my opinion, it was a bad trade and will remain forever. Subban played for the crest and the city. Weber's arrival triggered this "fake cup contention window" and placed a timer on this team to win before his downfall, which we've been witnessing these past two seasons. And now, the captain can barely follow the pace of the game.

Reactions: Weber Fan

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Oiler in Peace
Im just curious, whats going on with Ryan Poehling? He looked really good a few years ago.
Im not here to cause trouble, but I would have a look at your scouting department. Our drafting was terrible for years and it really set us back. In 2018, I thought u guys really took a big chance with JK at 3rd. Its easy to be a Armchair GM right now but Tkachuk and Hughes looked really good at the time. Im thinking Bergevin's time is up

He's doing well in the AHL. Habs can't develop talent and its been that way for many years! Poehling should make the Habs team next year of the year after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->