Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Canes and KK in very convincing fashion

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Where were you in Mexico -- was it Maya? I know a lot of people who normally travel to sunny destinations and abstained this year as they feared for their safety. From all of the posts you made while you were there, sounds like you had a great time.

I was in Tulum just a month ago about. It's safe as long as you stay very straight in the tourism zones. But did encounter cartels guys (not fun - I think this is a brewing conflict for us in the US and Canada, we'll have to show our muscles at some point).

Reactions: Runner77

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Insane numbers in there! 27 forwards Colorado lmao that's just crazy!

Can you give us the habs' numbers?

Colorado had many injuries this year. But good teams win while bad teams complain about injuries and the refs.

BigMac missed 11 games.
Makar missed 15 games
Lehkonene missed 13 games
Nichsuskin missed 29 games
Rodrigues missed 13 games
Byram missed 38 games
Josh Manson missed 48 games
Landeskog missed the entire season
They also used 5 goalies so i assume one of the goalies missed 4 or 5 games.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I was in Tulum just a month ago about. It's safe as long as you stay very straight in the tourism zones. But did encounter cartels guys (not fun - I think this is a brewing conflict for us in the US and Canada, we'll have to show our muscles at some point).
Why would US and Canada have to show muscle regarding the cartels?

If anything legalizing drugs and allowing production here would kill most of their activities.

Mentioned them above 23 fwds + 11 d + 3 g's for 37 total players this season.

Looking back to last season, the Habs used 26 fwds + 14 d + 6 g's for 46 total players. Covid absences inflated the numbers plus they traded a number of guys at the deadline.

Half of the 46 or 23 players who played last season, didn't play with the Habs in 2022-23, almost all have moved on. Some serious turn over.
Sorry, read too fast I guess.

Yeah the turnover rate has been impressive! But even looking back at the years before they, last 5-7 years our roster has been very unstable from one year to the next.

Salary cap plays a role, but also Bergevin just had no direction.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
They proud of that exhibit? sure look like they played with pride.lol
Good thing Sam was in or would have been even more embarrassing.
Nice to see the fools that paid to see this boo them,well deserved!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I has that feeling that Drouin will be back. :D
If he isn’t, it won’t be for lack of trying.

Have you seen this?

He’s saying he wished he had MSL as coach earlier. How much earlier?

When you read the quotes within the link, he says that he would have liked for that to have happened 6 years ago.

Not only does it come across as desperation pandering through the media (was this a tugging at the heartstrings stratagem concocted with or by his agent?) but by saying so, he’s throwing several coaches under the bus.

Julien and Ducharme were both sacked by that comment. I seem to remember that Drouin had similar positive words about Ducharme when the latter was named head coach and it was known that Drouin was close to Ducharme as the latter had spent time helping Drouin in the off season.

Not to be overlooked was how Drouin had Kirk Muller to work with for some 3 years while Julien was coaching and Muller is recognized as an assistant coach that players are generally favorable about.

Apparently, Muller too wasn’t good enough for Drouin — Muller, who had tried for 3 years to get Drouin to play in the high traffic areas from which most goals are scored and Drouin just wouldn’t do it.

It’s way past the time for this circus of excuses and pandering to take his act to some other town, beach, resort or whatever.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

Have you seen this?

When you read the quotes within the link, he says that he would have liked for that to have happened 6 years ago.

Not only does it come across as desperation pandering through the media (was this a tugging at the heartstrings stratagem concocted with or by his agent?) but by saying so, he’s throwing several coaches under the bus.

Julien and Ducharme were both sacked by that comment. I seem to remember that Drouin had similar positive words about Ducharme when the latter was named head coach and it was known that Drouin was close to Ducharme as the latter had spent time helping Drouin in the off season.

Not to be overlooked was how Drouin had Kirk Muller to work with for some 3 years while Julien was coaching and Muller is recognized as an assistant coach that players are generally favorable about.

Apparently, Muller too wasn’t good enough for Drouin — Muller, who had tried for 3 years to get Drouin to play in the high traffic areas from which most goals are scored and Drouin just wouldn’t do it.

It’s way past the time for this circus of excuses and pandering to take his act to some other town, beach, resort or whatever.

... as long as he is gone for good.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Have you seen this?

The nerve. The audacity.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
anyone catch Kotkaniemi's interview on TVA with Morisette and the gang?
Joel Bouchard was on and you could see KK was very happy, thanked him and
kept saying he plays 'the Rocket way' now.
He was smiling but you could tell it was a direct shot at Julien and Ducharme.
I had seen the link but was too turned off by the whole KK saga to watch it but now I did. There is definitely a strong bond between KK and Bouchard and KK seemed grateful to have worked with him.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Colorado had many injuries this year. But good teams win while bad teams complain about injuries and the refs.

BigMac missed 11 games.
Makar missed 15 games
Lehkonene missed 13 games
Nichsuskin missed 29 games
Rodrigues missed 13 games
Byram missed 38 games
Josh Manson missed 48 games
Landeskog missed the entire season
They also used 5 goalies so i assume one of the goalies missed 4 or 5 games.
Nashville I think is missing a bunch of regulars, were sellers at the TDL but they‘re right in the mix for a WC spot.

Reactions: LaP and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We went to Vallarta... west coast... had a great time. Pina coladas, golf and local mamas... what's not to like. It is ridiculous though how much more expensive is it now compared to 3 years ago when we last went to Mexico. Just stupid.
More expensive but when people want a sunny destination, they’ll pay more.

I have been to Riviera Maya twice, several years before the pandemic. What I enjoyed the most about it was the gentle breeze that you get on the beach continuously. Makes it easy to spend a day outside and then head to the gym, spa and the bar.

Less enjoyable was the rocky bottom, sometimes sharper rocks you end up stepping on inadvertently while you’re walking about in the ocean.

Playa del Carmen is not that far away for a shopping excursion but taking the bus to it, is a wild ride. The drivers go way past the speed limit.

All in all, I’d go back just for the beach experience. It has such a therapeutic effect. I just don’t know when I’ll go again. I could always travel to one of the US’s East Coast beaches (Nantucket, East Hampton etc.) as an alternative but couldn’t be bothered to drive long hours. And it would probably end up costing way more than Mexico.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
RDS.ca main page today :slaugh:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
RDS.ca main page today :slaugh:

image.jpg

image.jpg
KK can go ahead and lobby the Canes to acquire his stealthy hero. I’m sure Hughes would be more than happy to oblige.

Yoelle, you wouldn’t be missed. We already have your clone in Gurianov.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MasterD and Kimota

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Have you seen this?

1 goal

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Why would US and Canada have to show muscle regarding the cartels?

If anything legalizing drugs and allowing production here would kill most of their activities.

Because the Mexicans are losing control and the cartels are transforming from narcos to an occupying force. Jalisco New Gens is a new kind of cartel.

Apparently, this is the 2nd biggest set of Pentagon war plans after the China/Russia cluster.

4/7 years window.

Legalization has limits, Sinolea is buying legal pot parlours in Colorado, then corrupting officials etc (road to becoming Mexico...)

Portugal works because it's far from the cartels themselves and is a small, non-geopolitically important country.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I had seen the link but was too turned off by the whole KK saga to watch it but now I did. There is definitely a strong bond between KK and Bouchard and KK seemed grateful to have worked with him.

Things would have been different had KK started in the AHL I think, or started his second season there at least since he looked awful at camp.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Good job on your new avy. Looks vaguely familiar. :sarcasm:

6230o6.jpg

It was one of my first Hughes memes.

You Sir, have great taste although your cartoon rim shot avy gif didn’t last too long.

It reminded me how that Hughes meme needed a refresher, so here it is.

8WgNNCc.gif
the way the team has played during his tenure, he will fast becomes Mr cleaned by Molson :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Things would have been different had KK started in the AHL I think, or started his second season there at least since he looked awful at camp.
KK’s issue was not camp so much — he was the wrong pick but it’s always a 20/20 image when looking in retrospect.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
More expensive but when people want a sunny destination, they’ll pay more.

I have been to Riviera Maya twice, several years before the pandemic. What I enjoyed the most about it was the gentle breeze that you get on the beach continuously. Makes it easy to spend a day outside and then head to the gym, spa and the bar.

Less enjoyable was the rocky bottom, sometimes sharper rocks you end up stepping on inadvertently while you’re walking about in the ocean.

Playa del Carmen is not that far away for a shopping excursion but taking the bus to it, is a wild ride. The drivers go way past the speed limit.

All in all, I’d go back just for the beach experience. It has such a therapeutic effect. I just don’t know when I’ll go again. I could always travel to one of the US’s East Coast beaches (Nantucket, East Hampton etc.) as an alternative but couldn’t be bothered to drive long hours. And it would probably end up costing way more than Mexico.
Pay more is all we ever do. Sigh.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
It's like that since forever . The only think kind of new is the focus they put on women wreslers.
The 1st man to not only body slam Andre was non other than the Chain-Smoking King of all pro wrestling Harley Race also suplexed him, not Hogan. NWA-WCW-Georgia Championship Wrestling was head and shoulders above anything WWF-E ever did!!! Personalities, interviews, action, it had it all! Could never resist a good-ole Terry Funk rant!!!!

This guy’s incorrigible.

Kinds reminds me of the old cartoon character Henry!

• Haha
Reactions: Chili and Runner77

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

Have you seen this?

Internet is the paradise for people who dislike someone ; You can put words in his/her/their mouth, or change the meaning of what they say in a way to make them looking really bad. I don't like this guy so everybody else should hate him as well .

that's remind me a long time ago, on this forum, someone quoting a single question from a francophone medias journalist asking if the fact that they change the free agents age group could means that more local players would be willing to sign here for their last contract. The guy turned it in a such drama queen way that it turned that all the french medias wanted to get a full francophone players team, that they were all racists, morons, etc...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I won't try to convince you or anyone else to agree with me on this , but will just agree to disagree how to read what Drouin has said. This kind of quote from any player should coming with a special tag with a "destroying memes/comments available here " written on it.:scared:

Have a good evening Runner77 ! i really appreciate your well contribution to this forum, but exepted when you try to hit the balls of someone who can't defend. Still, i will open a beer tonight that i will share with you in my mind. ... And another one to share with Michael, and one with ...,.... , ... , .. . , .., ......._________________

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Internet is the paradise for people who dislike someone ; You can put words in his/her/their mouth, or change the meaning of what they say in a way to make them looking really bad. I don't like this guy so everybody else should hate him as well .

that's remind me a long time ago, on this forum, someone quoting a single question from a francophone medias journalist asking if the fact that they change the free agents age group could means that more local players would be willing to sign here for their last contract. The guy turned it in a such drama queen way that it turned that all the french medias wanted to get a full francophone players team, that they were all racists, morons, etc...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I won't try to convince you or anyone else to agree with me on this , but will just agree to disagree how to read what Drouin has said. This kind of quote from any player should coming with a special tag with a "destroying memes/comments available here " written on it.:scared:

Have a good evening Runner77 ! i really appreciate your well contribution to this forum, but exepted when you try to hit the balls of someone who can't defend. Still, i will open a beer tonight that i will share with you in my mind. ... And another one to share with Michael, and one with ...,.... , ... , .. . , .., ......._________________
Can I get on that beer train? You buying, right? I left all my money in mexico...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The 1st man to not only body slam Andre was non other than the Chain-Smoking King of all pro wrestling Harley Race also suplexed him, not Hogan. NWA-WCW-Georgia Championship Wrestling was head and shoulders above anything WWF-E ever did!!! Personalities, interviews, action, it had it all! Could never resist a good-ole Terry Funk rant!!!!

Kinds reminds me of the old cartoon character Henry!

Not judging, of course... afterall it's 2023

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
This made me lol so hard and hate Bergevin even harder

As reported by Alexandre Desrosiers from Rumeursdetransaction.com, Kent Hughes still has to deal with the sum of $833,333 per year to be paid to the defenseman until 2023-2024.

Alzner's salary takes up $1,666,666 of the Canadiens' payroll. Ouch!

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad