Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Canes and KK in very convincing fashion

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
  • Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Internet is the paradise for people who dislike someone ; You can put words in his/her/their mouth, or change the meaning of what they say in a way to make them looking really bad. I don't like this guy so everybody else should hate him as well .

that's remind me a long time ago, on this forum, someone quoting a single question from a francophone medias journalist asking if the fact that they change the free agents age group could means that more local players would be willing to sign here for their last contract. The guy turned it in a such drama queen way that it turned that all the french medias wanted to get a full francophone players team, that they were all racists, morons, etc...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I won't try to convince you or anyone else to agree with me on this , but will just agree to disagree how to read what Drouin has said. This kind of quote from any player should coming with a special tag with a "destroying memes/comments available here " written on it.:scared:

Well said. Drouin could say something nice about someone and somehow his haters would turn it into a negative.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This made me lol so hard and hate Bergevin even harder

As reported by Alexandre Desrosiers from Rumeursdetransaction.com, Kent Hughes still has to deal with the sum of $833,333 per year to be paid to the defenseman until 2023-2024.

Alzner's salary takes up $1,666,666 of the Canadiens' payroll. Ouch!
“Our defence this year is better than last year”.

All of that craziness caused by MB’s pigheadedness in not signing Markov.

Maybe I should find something nice to say about MB and Alzner cause apparently, that too could be misconstrued. :laugh:

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
No Dach = Games rarely worth watching

Do you believe Dach is becoming what we wanted Anderson to be? I was surprised to see Dach having scored more points than Anderson since Dachs rookie year 19-20. Can Dach be as physical as what we have come to expect of Anderson? Glad I missed yesterdays game!

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
"Play the Rocket way" lol Say what you will about Joel, but the players seems to like him. Also KK is an intense player and Joel likes that.
Kudos to Joel for turning “put your head down and work hard” into “play the Rocket way.” That simple rebranding of the basic requirement of working hard seems to have left a mark. Whatever works.

• Wow
Reactions: Shred and Kimota

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I think that comment was as much a f*** you to Julien, Ducharme and Bergevin as it was praise of Bouchard
I sure hope so. Although I would have just said “f*** you Julian, ducharme and Bergevin!” But that’s just me.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
KK’s issue was not camp so much — he was the wrong pick but it’s always a 20/20 image when looking in retrospect.
Just like Slafkovsky, he might not have been the BEST pick, but they're very good picks.

KK is 6th best scorer of his draft class...
Just weak drafts when the Habs draft high

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just like Slafkovsky, he might not have been the BEST pick, but they're very good picks.

We have a better idea of KK, given the passage of time but the book is still out on Slaf, obviously. He still has a shot at being the best in his draft class.

Reactions: MasterD

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Do you believe Dach is becoming what we wanted Anderson to be? I was surprised to see Dach having scored more points than Anderson since Dachs rookie year 19-20. Can Dach be as physical as what we have come to expect of Anderson? Glad I missed yesterdays game!
Not as physical as some think Anderson is/was but Dach is much more talented, 200% better on ice vision and passing ability

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Well said. Drouin could say something nice about someone and somehow his haters would turn it into a negative.
the funny part is that MSL also said at one point that he was liking Drouin's play.I suppose that Drouin really enjoyed the liberty MSL gives to his players in the offensive part of their play. It's something far to the rigid style Julien/Ducharme were commanding.

It's funny how they credit Martin for the offensive explosion of Caufield , the freedom of his play, but for Drouin , the fact that he enjoys to play in this system, is just a kind of political way to receive another contract with the Habs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not as physical as some think Anderson is/was but Dach is much more talented, 200% better on ice vision and passing ability
Dach’s emergence so soon this season is one of the biggest surprises. And he’s just scratching the surface. What a steal.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I think it's apples to oranges. Anderson was brought in to be a tough, physical, and fast player who can shoot the puck. I don't know if you ever saw Anderson play montreal when he was with Columbus, but he was an absolute wrecking ball. I think he got pumped up for those games, and had Bergevin salivating.

Dach does not have a ton in common with Anderson's style.

Reactions: MasterD

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
the funny part is that MSL also said at one point that he was liking Drouin's play.I suppose that Drouin really enjoyed the liberty MSL gives to his players in the offensive part of their play. It's something far to the rigid style Julien/Ducharme were commanding.

It's funny how they credit Martin for the offensive explosion of Caufield , the freedom of his play, but for Drouin , the fact that he enjoys to play in this system, is just a kind of political way to receive another contract with the Habs
No, we just don't care how he feels about playing in this system, we want him to GTFO.

He. Had. 6. Years. He blew it. That's all that matters. Let's move on.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No, we just don't care how he feels about playing in this system, we want him to GTFO.

He. Had. 6. Years. He blew it. That's all that matters. Let's move on.
Gave the guy the benefit of the doubt for most of those 6 years. Now, apparently, I hate the guy (which I don’t, I am not emotionally invested enough to hate any player). He has longstanding experience speaking to the media, he should know the impact of what he says and its implications.

Speaking well of a coach is done by a lot of players but he took it much further by his quote about Marty, by making a blanket statement that covered years when he was coached by others. Out of respect toward the other coaches he’s had in the past 6 years, he could have made a caveat and provided context so it wouldn’t be misconstrued.

He’s also on an expiring contract, so whatever he says and does, will cast him in a certain light in terms of fan perception. Regardless, I don’t think he’s shown enough to stay on and at the end of the day, what he says is not going to change the organization’s evaluation of him.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Or He was just remembering what it was playing for Joel cause Joel was there and he was being friendly. Fans always want to invent their own stuff to fit with their narrative.
He played 13 games under Bouchard. I'm sure he enjoyed it (he was a point a game player).
In the same way, he rarely misses an opportunity to complain about his ex-habs coaches.
My narrative is that all parties were responsible for his failure in Montreal.
And that's a shame

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimota and Runner77

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

What system tho? This team doesn’t look like it has a coaching staff half the time. Of course floaters like Drouin are going to like it. It’s Sunday rec league out there. He can put up points with a team with no structure or expectations. Once you put responsibility on him, he falls apart.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009

...and Galchenyuk is the 5th best scorer in his class...

Reactions: GrandBison

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
...and Galchenyuk is the 5th best scorer in his class...
Yup. Weak drafts. As much as people like to shit on Timmins and his team for our high picks, there wasn't very many other obvious choices to be made.

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
Dach to me is unique. I can't recall a player being so physically dominant on the puck and with a good shot and fluid skating. I see Andy more as a Travis Moen type than a Rick Nash. That's not a good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad