Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Canes and KK in very convincing fashion

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Two years? We have been awful since Radulov & Markov left. We sucked for over half a decade now.
sucked =/= rebuild, though. MB was actually trying to compete.

Molson should re-imburse the folks who showed up at the Bell. Where was the effort and basic grit to play a pro hockey game ? Laval would had done better. Thanks to Montambeault. Could had been 10-0 or more.
Mtl is pretty much what Laval was supposed to be, at this point.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Savard out for the rest of the season.

LMAO that's just funny at this point.
Also WTF is going on with players' conditioning?
Monty is looking more & more like a potential #1G... That's a really exciting development as far as I'm concerned.

Hope he has a great offseason and wins the starting job in camp next year.
He's got the starting job since early in the season when everyone realized Allen took a year off.
You make me cry...bitch !

To think Habs went that far and instead of extending his contract for 5-7 years, Molson choose to hire that fat New-Yorker clown , that ex-players agent as newbie GM, and that peewee coach. From a Stanley Cup finalist, Habs went down to the last place , and again this season, Habs are a going to end last 5 or 6th . What a shame!

Dear Habs fans, i will say in this 1st of April fools 2023, that the Habs won't win anything until the team is full of Quebec born players, francophones, or natives "Amérindiens" + 2-3 4th anglophones liners to please the english medias , and 2-3 from the Afro/Latino/Asian/Arab communities (to show how tolerant we are) and even maybe one gay. :snide: :nod:
We're not winning anything until we ice a few trans players that self-identify as plants and ask to be called "iel". Come on now, inclusivity and shit.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
very funny
Good job on your new avy. Looks vaguely familiar. :sarcasm:

6230o6.jpg

It was one of my first Hughes memes.

You Sir, have great taste although your cartoon rim shot avy gif didn’t last too long.

It reminded me how that Hughes meme needed a refresher, so here it is.

8WgNNCc.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I should have stayed in Mexico.
Where were you in Mexico -- was it Maya? I know a lot of people who normally travel to sunny destinations and abstained this year as they feared for their safety. From all of the posts you made while you were there, sounds like you had a great time.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
.940 and 47 saves in a game where your team got shut-out has to be some sort of record, right?
According to StatMuse it's Elvis Merzlikins with 56 saves in a 6-0 loss against the Flames last season. He was only .903 though.

Highest save % in a shutout loss is a 3-way tie between Jimmy Howard, Tomas Vokoun and Bernie Parent at .979, all of which were 1-0 losses.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Where were you in Mexico -- was it Maya? I know a lot of people who normally travel to sunny destinations and abstained this year as they feared for their safety. From all of the posts you made while you were there, sounds like you had a great time.
The northern zone of Mexico is "dangerous". But it's actually not that dangerous if you mind your own business.
Recently saw a "reportage" talking about how an american tourist (or was it 2?) was killed in a town close to the US/Mexico border. Not long after 5-6 cartel members showed up dead with a letter from the cartel saying they were sorry, the murder was a mistake (the cartel members apparently thought the tourists were someone else) and cartel took care of the idiots who committed the murder, as they wanted no issues with the US authorities and want tourists to keep coming to their country and spending money.

If you stay in the resorts around Cancun/Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, it's very, very safe. Most resorts belong to the cartels anyways, they don't want any incidents happening there as they like the clean money coming in.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
We went to Vallarta... west coast... had a great time. Pina coladas, golf and local mamas... what's not to like. It is ridiculous though how much more expensive is it now compared to 3 years ago when we last went to Mexico. Just stupid.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Running some numbers on the season, a few examples:

Average number of players who have suited up by team through Mar 31st: 35 players
(21 forwards, 11 dmen and 3 goaltenders) (Habs are 23+11+3=37 players)

Most players used: Chi 24+14+6=44 players
Fewest players used: Carolina 16+9+3=28 players

Most fwds; Colorado 27
Fewest fwds: Carolina 16

Most dmen: Tor 15
Fewest dmen: Dal 7 (incredible, the same 7 that made the opening roster have played all the games)

Ottawa and Chicago have used 6 goaltenders, 7 teams have used only two

Just imagine some teams like Carolina, if they had dealt with the list of injuries the Habs and others have had.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It's not easy to lose that soundly...
only 3-0... almost competitive.

Btw, what happened to RHP? Why wasn't he in the lineup?

The northern zone of Mexico is "dangerous". But it's actually not that dangerous if you mind your own business.
Recently saw a "reportage" talking about how an american tourist (or was it 2?) was killed in a town close to the US/Mexico border. Not long after 5-6 cartel members showed up dead with a letter from the cartel saying they were sorry, the murder was a mistake (the cartel members apparently thought the tourists were someone else) and cartel took care of the idiots who committed the murder, as they wanted no issues with the US authorities and want tourists to keep coming to their country and spending money.

If you stay in the resorts around Cancun/Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, it's very, very safe. Most resorts belong to the cartels anyways, they don't want any incidents happening there as they like the clean money coming in.
Agreed... as long as you don't venture into the heart of Culiacan trying to set up your own special candy shop, you should be ok.

Reactions: Runner77

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Running some numbers on the season, a few examples:

Average number of players who have suited up by team through Mar 31st: 35 players
(21 forwards, 11 dmen and 3 goaltenders) (Habs are 23+11+3=37 players)

Most players used: Chi 24+14+6=44 players
Fewest players used: Carolina 16+9+3=28 players

Most fwds; Colorado 27
Fewest fwds: Carolina 16

Most dmen: Tor 15
Fewest dmen: Dal 7 (incredible, the same 7 that made the opening roster have played all the games)

Ottawa and Chicago have used 6 goaltenders, 7 teams have used only two

Just imagine some teams like Carolina, if they had dealt with the list of injuries the Habs and others have had.
Insane numbers in there! 27 forwards Colorado lmao that's just crazy!

Can you give us the habs' numbers?

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
We went to Vallarta... west coast... had a great time. Pina coladas, golf and local mamas... what's not to like. It is ridiculous though how much more expensive is it now compared to 3 years ago when we last went to Mexico. Just stupid.
That is the case in many places. Last went to Key West in February 2020 before the pandemic shutdown. Two years later we wanted to return, and prices had doubled. We decided to go to our place in South Carolina instead. The weather's not nearly as nice in February, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper (we have a condo there).

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Tough loss but Habs up against Cup contender with us having so many injuries. A whole NHL caliber first line out of lineup. With Caufield, Dach, Anderson on sidelines. Our #2 center Sean Monahan, #3 center Dvorak, our first overall pick in Slaf. Guhle, Xhekaj, it's long list.

Monty i thought showing he is starting NHL caliber goalie. With a 940%, save percentage tonight. Matheson I thought played solid game. Harris looked good.

It's good night for the tank and our lottery odds.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Tough loss but Habs up against Cup contender with us having so many injuries. A whole NHL caliber first line out of lineup. With Caufield, Dach, Anderson on sidelines. Our #2 center Sean Monahan, #3 center Dvorak, our first overall pick in Slaf. Guhle, Xhekaj, it's long list.

Monty i thought showing he is starting NHL caliber goalie. With a 940%, save percentage tonight. Matheson I thought played solid game. Harris looked good.

It's good night for the tank and our lottery odds.
It was hard to watch but a both predictable and profitable loss.

Reactions: MasterD

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Good job on your new avy. Looks vaguely familiar. :sarcasm:

6230o6.jpg

It was one of my first Hughes memes.

You Sir, have great taste although your cartoon rim shot avy gif didn’t last too long.

It reminded me how that Hughes meme needed a refresher, so here it is.

8WgNNCc.gif
thx brother i apologize for the lack of acknowledgement. I had no idea it was you lol. someone used it on twitter and i thought it was clever. unless you're on twitter
;)

ps - the rim shot avatar made me look too much like a troll, which i am , but more of a lovable one once you get to know me.
and it scared sarge so...

LMAO that's just funny at this point.
Also WTF is going on with players' conditioning?

He's got the starting job since early in the season when everyone realized Allen took a year off.

We're not winning anything until we ice a few trans players that self-identify as plants and ask to be called "iel". Come on now, inclusivity and shit.
Hughes is like...

oh yeah, Arizona is going to start losing a shit ton? We're going to pull vets out for the season one by one. your move Armstrong

• Haha
Reactions: HabSgt and Runner77

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Well that was one big 🖕to the PAYING ! Fans on the last Sat.night game.Love it when they asked Marty at the post game presser about player evaluation and he quickly responded with yeah the player evaluation is done at this point.translation "we know who the dead weight's are"

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
anyone catch Kotkaniemi's interview on TVA with Morisette and the gang?
Joel Bouchard was on and you could see KK was very happy, thanked him and
kept saying he plays 'the Rocket way' now.
He was smiling but you could tell it was a direct shot at Julien and Ducharme.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Insane numbers in there! 27 forwards Colorado lmao that's just crazy!

Can you give us the habs' numbers?
Mentioned them above 23 fwds + 11 d + 3 g's for 37 total players this season.

Looking back to last season, the Habs used 26 fwds + 14 d + 6 g's for 46 total players. Covid absences inflated the numbers plus they traded a number of guys at the deadline.

Half of the 46 or 23 players who played last season, didn't play with the Habs in 2022-23, almost all have moved on. Some serious turn over.

• Wow
Reactions: MasterD

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
anyone catch Kotkaniemi's interview on TVA with Morisette and the gang?
Joel Bouchard was on and you could see KK was very happy, thanked him and
kept saying he plays 'the Rocket way' now.
He was smiling but you could tell it was a direct shot at Julien and Ducharme.
Can't blame him. The 2 idiots were ... well... idiots.

Well that was one big 🖕to the PAYING ! Fans on the last Sat.night game.Love it when they asked Marty at the post game presser about player evaluation and he quickly responded with yeah the player evaluation is done at this point.translation "we know who the dead weight's are"
I has that feeling that Drouin will be back. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad