Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the A-Hos in shootout

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Regardless of the outcome, that was a fun and entertaining game. Very entertaining.

Our defence will be our Achilles heel all year, and I felt they lost this game for us (Having said that Petry & Fleury looked good)

Price kept us in that one, and I tell you when we keep our legs moving and push the pace we are very hard to handle.

Drouin looked amazing tonight, great response to being scratched in preseason and line demoted.

overall a fun game. Carolina is no joke, I’m happy with the point

Reactions: Redux91

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Danault and Byron with zero shots tonight for forwards. Weal has a strong game.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
This Byron on the SO experiment has to stop. Used to be good but been a long time that he can't do anything on breakaways or SOs. Also, Weber and Mete looked like a 3rd pairing out there. That said, KK, JD, Armia and Fleury stood out tonight.

Reactions: Clearedwaivers

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Let's hope Chiarot is just a case of a big stay at home D that takes a bit more time to get into rythm because he was the worst player on the ice tonight.

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
At one point habs didn't deserve a point tonight... Good game afterall

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
what a stupid series of SO decisions..no speed for drouin and byron. and please get byron out of the ****ing SO rotation-- absolutely pathetic. his only asset is speed. he looked clued about about what he wanted to do
Byron's SO percentage hovers around 50%

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Danault and Byron with zero shots tonight for forwards. Weal has a strong game.
And yet Danault is our first line Center and on first wave of the PP. makes no sense. Only in Montreal. I don’t see what some people in him other than his defensive responsibility.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Kotkaneimi is still the youngest person ever go get an NHL point. Suzuki is still going to be a great player and we got the better of both sets of brothers we share with the jerks.

Our retool looks amazing

Kotkaniemi most definitely isnt the youngest person to get an NHL point. You know he played against one guy who had one younger tonight ?

Reactions: HabsMD97

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We lost a point. We lost. Regardless of how much of a gimmick the shootout is. At the end of the season, it means something.

We got a point. It's a tie.

As far as how we did tonight and how we match up against the Canes in a real hockey game - we tied them.

If we had lost, we would have gotten 0 points.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This Byron on the SO experiment has to stop. Used to be good but been a long time that he can't do anything on breakaways or SOs. Also, Weber and Mete looked like a 3rd pairing out there.

He's not bad, maybe not my first choice, but he has to use his speed in the shootout. Especially against an aggressive goalie like mrazek.

I hated his approach more than the selection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad