Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the A-Hos in shootout

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
Mete didnt show any improvement from last year. Probably the biggest disapointement from tonight IMO

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Suzuki needs a set of balls. The guy is so damn soft. Didn't expect much but that was horrible display.

It was his first NHL game, which I’ve read can be overwhelming.

It was also almost playoff caliber. His line also drew top pair D and shutdown forwards. No one on this line looked great.

He didn’t shine, but give him time.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
The Good:

Tatar
Drouin
Kotkaniemi
Armia
Weal
Thompson
Petry
Fleury
Price

The rest were varying levels of underwhelming, bad or invisible. Overall a good first game, really fun to watch. Glad to have hockey back!

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Suzuki needs a set of balls. The guy is so damn soft. Didn't expect much but that was horrible display.

Yeah it's hard to project in the lower leagues if a players physical will translate when they are so offensively gifted.

He looked like the smartest and most inexperienced guy on the ice tonight.

Reactions: Big Lurk

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yes, we didn't get the extra point from winning the gimmick.

But we did get a point for tying the actual hockey game. Otherwise, why did we get a point tonight?

Whocares about the point? Did it matter when we were two points shy last year? Could we have used a few extra points? We lost. They got two points to our one. There are no ties anymore.

Reactions: Da Grinder

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I think once he figures out the speed and timing of the NHL, he'll use his body better.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not upset with the outcome, but that tying goal because of a too many men penalty... man, that was dumb.

It happened a few too many times last year.

Hopefully it happening in the first game means they'll have a real mental note in their minds and not let it happen again.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Great game, unfortunate shootout result.

Good
Drouin - KK - Armia line
Fleury
Tatar
Thompson
Weal
Petry

Meh
Gallagher
Price (good in nets, bad when handling the puck)
Danault (didn't do much)
Suzuki
Kulak
Lehkonen

Bad
Domi
Chiarot
Weber
Mete
Byron

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah, this game was a treat to watch.

I remember we'd get one of those every two or three years during the dead puck era. I'm very happy with where the league is heading now.

Result could have gone either way. I don't like to have lost the second point however when it's a game like we've seen, you can't help but feel good about it.

Reactions: Andrei79

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
if Drouin can line up a couple like those I might, maybe, possibly consider slowing down the hate train

stop with the pointless dekes tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad