Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the A-Hos in shootout

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
yes, being good means you meet the minimum requirements ( like drouin last night) being very good to great means you exceed them, which he didnt.

in your world, carey price is a good goalie ?

and if you want to apply it to the one game this season, if re played really good, please tell me what this is based upon. because last time I asked it was that he was "noticeable" which, beleive it or not, is nowhere to be found on the transition from average to great.

if he played so well last night, it should be easy to point out one of two things he did well, other than be noticeable ( which isnt a salient metric).

foer example Carey price was VERY good last night, that push to the right ( that hit the outside of the net) he left the shooter no choice. when the puck was behind him and he layed the paddle down near the goal line that was a really good save.

I get it, people WANT drouin to succeed. you dont acheive this success by lowering the bar.
I'm not responsible for justifying everyone's adjectives. For me, Drouin had a very good game. His skating was excellent, he made a few very sharp passes, he created the play that led to Kotkaniemi's goal. That counts as "Very good" based on normal hockey standards, not just Drouin's standards.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’m genuinely confused by this post. Or is there sarcasm/ a joke behind it that I don’t have the background on?

No joke intended. It was a misunderstanding.

I've looked into it further. Here's what happened.

During our local broadcast, they mentioned how the Canes were 3 players short on their roster due to the team needing to get compliant with the cap by the start of the season.

Unfortunately, the way it came across, it gave the impression that the Canes were playing the game with 3 less players, which is of course patently false.

NHL teams are allowed a maximum of 23 players on their active rosters from which they can only dress 20 for a game. In order to meet their cap obligations (as you are well aware as a Canes fan, but this is for the benefit of our fans who may not have known) the Canes cut three players from their active roster such that unlike most other teams, their active roster only consists of 20 players instead of 23.

This piece confirms the Canes paring down their active roster to 20 players: Introducing the 2019-20 Carolina Hurricanes Roster

From the above link:

And then there were 20.

The Carolina Hurricanes made their final cuts of training camp Tuesday, reducing the active roster to 20 players prior to the 5:00 roster deadline.

I wish the broadcaster who had made the roster comment, had taken time to explain that he wasn't referring to last night's Canes lineup but to their active roster.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Hopefully I can visit the board more often this year, as I largely abandoned it last year because so many of the character assassins spinning their wheels trying to deny Drouin's contributions.

Drouin played like Drouin last night. He's a good player. Period.

He had a cold spell at the end of last season due to some sorta undisclosed injury. It was clear from watching that he had difficulty pushing off on the first steps. I'm surprised that so few noticed this.
Good players don't disappear for 20 games when you are in a playoff push, and he was so invisible he made patioready look like richard the lionheart. If he had an injury, it was the one hurting the team by continuing to be in the lineup. Get fixed don't take a roster spot. See this from guys at work that track in their colds and make everyone else sick. You take everyone down with you. Its selfish to think the team/workplace simply can't go on without you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Good players don't disappear for 20 games when you are in a playoff push, and he was so invisible he made patioready look like richard the lionheart. If he had an injury, it was the one hurting the team by continuing to be in the lineup. Get fixed don't take a roster spot. See this from guys at work that track in their colds and make everyone else sick. You take everyone down with you. Its selfish to think the team/workplace simply can't go on without you.

Funny my boss never took that same approach to colds. :sarcasm: I was always willing to take a few for the team but... :laugh:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad