Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Skej Parée & Assorted Jerks

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
That would be a disaster. MSL is a wrong coach going forward, not to mention his assistants. That whole crew has got to go if Habs have any aspiration to start moving forward.
Ridiculous. They won't know if MSL is the right coach for a contender until they have all the pieces in place. If they believe the team is ready to contend and they think MSL's strategy/systems aren't working they will likely make a change. MSL might even volunteer to step down if he agrees.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I would still sign one or trade for one. We need scoring depth throughout lineup. I like Roy and Newhook, but if one of them is on 3rd line to start next year, that's actually good news for us.

We don't get anything from bottom 6, and that needs to change.

I don't see our 1st round draft pick being in NHL next year unless we get Celebrini.
I'd rather keep Jets first and sign a third liner. Throw the money at a DeBrusk type. According to who we draft with our first pick though. If we get Catton or Ignila they probably be here in 2 years. If we draft Helenius or MBN or a Dman I probably trade Jets pick for top 6 forward.

Gives us depth. As Strong chance somebody in our top 6 be injured next year. Likely Dach.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
0HzBZOC.gif

Discuss!
Canes are 16-1-1 vs the Habs in recent years.................it's almost like Martin Brodeur is their goalie.

Bunch of jerks alright....

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I feel the loser mentality creeping in.

Next year they need to stop trying to salvage asset value. Ylonen, Pearson, Pezzetta, Anderson should not play in the NHL.

Everybody talks about lack of secondary scoring while our problem is actually our 3rd and 4th line being CAVED IN all the time. Too much players around 40% shot attempts which is abysmal and inexcusable for a 3rd or 4th liner.

Reactions: morhilane

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I feel the loser mentality creeping in.

Next year they need to stop trying to salvage asset value. Ylonen, Pearson, Pezzetta, Anderson should not play in the NHL.

Everybody talks about lack of secondary scoring while our problem is actually our 3rd and 4th line being CAVED IN all the time. Too much players around 40% shot attempts which is abysmal and inexcusable for a 3rd or 4th liner.

They just took points off TB and FLA, then beat a hot Nashville team.. and they were right in this game until the goal was called back. There's no loser mentality or quit in this team.

They aren't trying to salvage asset value - Ylonen was a 2nd round prospect who showed glimpses of talent who is having a bad year but there's no point in waiving him just to call someone up from Laval, Pearson was the cost of business to move DeSmith for a 3rd round pick, Pezzetta is the popcorn eater every team has, and like it or not but veteran players like Anderson with long contracts and a history of valuable play are going to play.

A tanking team who is 2 seasons removed from last in the league and finished 5th worst last year isn't going to have a deep team, let alone a good team.

The mentality that is creeping in is a lack of patience from fans and no real understanding of the position the team was left in after 10 years of Bergevin, the death of Price, Weber, Byron as players, and what a rebuild looks like.

You can't turn over a league worst roster in 2 years and make it a contender, have no dead weight on it and stack it full of promising young players and established prime players.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

In the parts I saw Skjei was all over the ice. He's a UFA at the end of the year. Not sure Carolina can afford him.

Maybe worth bringing in to MTL? Too bad he's an LD. Maybe he can take Savard's spot on the right side if we trade Savard. Why did Gorton trade him to Carolina in the first place?

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
They just took points off TB and FLA, then beat a hot Nashville team.. and they were right in this game until the goal was called back. There's no loser mentality or quit in this team.

They aren't trying to salvage asset value - Ylonen was a 2nd round prospect who showed glimpses of talent who is having a bad year but there's no point in waiving him just to call someone up from Laval, Pearson was the cost of business to move DeSmith for a 3rd round pick, Pezzetta is the popcorn eater every team has, and like it or not but veteran players like Anderson with long contracts and a history of valuable play are going to play.

A tanking team who is 2 seasons removed from last in the league and finished 5th worst last year isn't going to have a deep team, let alone a good team.

The mentality that is creeping in is a lack of patience from fans and no real understanding of the position the team was left in after 10 years of Bergevin, the death of Price, Weber, Byron as players, and what a rebuild looks like.

You can't turn over a league worst roster in 2 years and make it a contender, have no dead weight on it and stack it full of promising young players and established prime players.
Well said, but I fear you are screaming into the void...

Posters incapable of seeing the obvious aren't going to be persuaded away from the ledge by sound reasoning. Emotional reactivity doesn't work that way.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
No you're not, but we are in the minority it seems
The Man to man coverage is all we hear about from the talking heads too, and we can all see where it falls appart, but i agree it must be good for personal skill assessment and dev. I wonder how much a zone coverage D system would hide a few of the player’s warts.

Learning a D system is probably pretty straight forward and won’t take long…

Do they play man-to-man in Laval as well? I hear they try and mirror strategies. I expect it to change/evolve next year on both rosters if so.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I'm fairly certain its going to be a point of interrogation in the season end debrief. The media aren't letting up on it.
Marty will be coaching for his new contract and HuGo won't be able to continue to overlook the warts.
If they haven't gotten rid of Burrows yet they're probably not touching the other two clowns,every one on this planet knows that their defensive system is a f$%#cking joke but then again Hughes/Gorton are the ones that chose to do a rebuild with a green coaching staff less Burrows who is somehow made of Teflon.As far as dead wood is concerned Please for the love of hockey please do something with Gallagher this summer,he is the ultimate game/momentum killer .

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Cole & Nick don't hit the post 3 times and these changes a lot

Refs hate Gally as much as Pezzetta. Bs call.

KK lol

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Here's a tip.
You play the Habs and they are threatening for a few minutes ?
Give them a pp.

You will either score or gain the momentum back.
Kinda knew this game was hopeless when they couldn’t score on a goaltender without a stick for most of their powerplay :biglaugh:but the disallowed goal was a f$&cking disgrace and definitely killed any momentum we had,good night for the striped donkeys :wally::deadhorse

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'd rather keep Jets first and sign a third liner. Throw the money at a DeBrusk type. According to who we draft with our first pick though. If we get Catton or Ignila they probably be here in 2 years. If we draft Helenius or MBN or a Dman I probably trade Jets pick for top 6 forward.

Gives us depth. As Strong chance somebody in our top 6 be injured next year. Likely Dach.

It would be nice if Montreal can trade or sign for someone this summer who can be in our top 6.

Even if we draft someone who can be in our lineup in 2 years, we still need the offensive depth. We need to be 3 lines deep. 4th line a grinding, punishing line, hopefully with one of Florian Xhekaj or Tuch leading that. I think that's what they're trying to build.

We still have Suzuki, Dach, Dvorak & Evans as our 4 centers, so there's no need to rush Beck.

LW: Caufield, Roy our only LWers to bring back next year. Pearson is gone. RHP 4th liner. Pezzetta 13th F.

RW: Slafkovsky, Newhook, Anderson & Gallagher, Armia, Ylonen. We should move on from Armia & Ylonen. If need to, retain on Armia. Anderson & Gallagher we'll deal with summer of 2025.

So we can sign or trade for at least a LW.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It would be nice if Montreal can trade or sign for someone this summer who can be in our top 6.

Even if we draft someone who can be in our lineup in 2 years, we still need the offensive depth. We need to be 3 lines deep. 4th line a grinding, punishing line, hopefully with one of Florian Xhekaj or Tuch leading that. I think that's what they're trying to build.

We still have Suzuki, Dach, Dvorak & Evans as our 4 centers, so there's no need to rush Beck.

LW: Caufield, Roy our only LWers to bring back next year. Pearson is gone. RHP 4th liner. Pezzetta 13th F.

RW: Slafkovsky, Newhook, Anderson & Gallagher, Armia, Ylonen. We should move on from Armia & Ylonen. If need to, retain on Armia. Anderson & Gallagher we'll deal with summer of 2025.

So we can sign or trade for at least a LW.

Don't use LW/RW, look at handedness. Caufield, Roy, Anderson, Gallagher, Armia and Ylonen are right shot wingers. MSL likes to use wingers on their off side and has gotten buy-in more from Caufield and Slafkovsky Roy, but both play RW too and most teams and guys still prefer right shots on the right wing (except for Russians).

Still makes sense to look for a left shot winger (which are usually cheaper than other positions), but getting quality of player matters more than handedness and forward position.

EDIT: Brain fart, Wawa's a left shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad