Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Skej Parée & Assorted Jerks

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Good first 2 periods. After Roy's goal was called back early in 3rd Montreal kind of deflated. They lost their legs in 3rd period.

Roy is looking good to be a top 6 player for us next year. Newhook-Dach-Roy seems like it could be a good 2nd line.

Just need to build the other 2 lines. Slafkovsky looks likes he starting to tire. He didn't play a full season last year. Not a great game by Caufield or Suzuki for that matter. It happens.

Our best line was the Newhook line with Armia & Roy. 4th line got stuck in our end for long, long shifts. At least twice of 2 minutes or more.

D was ok. Montembeault was pretty solid.

Saturday we play the Leafs (who are losing 4-1 to Bruins). We'll see how different our lineup is by then. TDL is tomorrow at 3 pm.
So, you saying Habs not in top 6 forward market this summer?

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
You seem so sure of that, would love to have your optimism

Yes. I am confident we have the right people in place driving this ship, and they're following their sound gameplan.

Better days ahead.

It just hard to digest in the meantime.

A true rebuild for a hab fan is a completely foreign exercise.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I can’t be the only one wondering how much longer we are going to play that Bantam level D coverage…
I'm fairly certain its going to be a point of interrogation in the season end debrief. The media aren't letting up on it.
Marty will be coaching for his new contract and HuGo won't be able to continue to overlook the warts.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I would still sign one or trade for one. We need scoring depth throughout lineup. I like Roy and Newhook, but if one of them is on 3rd line to start next year, that's actually good news for us.

We don't get anything from bottom 6, and that needs to change.

I don't see our 1st round draft pick being in NHL next year unless we get Celebrini.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I'm fairly certain its going to be a point of interrogation in the season end debrief. The media aren't letting up on it.
Marty will be coaching for his new contract and HuGo won't be able to continue to overlook the warts.

Meh, I think Marty and Kent are in sympatico on this and are completely fine with the direction the team is headed.

I'd even surmise Hughes is very pleased with MSL's work. (as he should be)

Media, and hockey fan forums be damned.

They have a plan and are determined to see it through, and thank goodness for that.

We've desperately needed a proper direction for decades, no changing course now.

Some are just having trouble seeing the forest through the trees.

Another important offseason approaches, the picture will become a little clearer. I'm intrigued to see what Kent will do.

Last edited:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Where / who exactly in the media even asking about it? Habs media are a bunch of lazy bloated brown-nosers. All questions must toe the line.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

Exactly what i think too

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They will always be in the top 6 market but the reality is it's far more likely the improvements will have to come in our bottom 6 first.
I'm sure they'd love to see where our top 6 is with Dach in the line up first.
If however something falls in their laps they obviously won't say no.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Where / who exactly in the media even asking about it? Habs media are a bunch of lazy bloated brown-nosers. All questions must toe the line.
RDS bring it up every game on l'Antichambre.
A debrief is an internal exercise and has nothing to do with the press.
But they do pay attention to what is being said.

Reactions: The Real Timo

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
There were rumors a longterm extension for MSL is done and waiting to be announced at the appropriate time - I read it some 4-6 weeks ago

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
what a weird feeling I had watching the disallowed goal?
I was like shit we have to stop banking points. I hate to lose but when you’re out of the PO race play well but stay away from loser pts.
Our young (& injured) team is playing well &….the future (?) got’a wear shades, lol.
Cheers.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
That would be a disaster. MSL is a wrong coach going forward, not to mention his assistants. That whole crew has got to go if Habs have any aspiration to start moving forward.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It shouldn't be surprising that MSL would be back, he's for sure the right coach for now as the job he's done with Caufield, Slaf, plus Suzuki has hit an elite level. They are going to have a lot of youth incoming like Roy, Struble, Xhekaj have done this year so with a big influx next season of Hutson, Reinbacher, Engstrom, Mesar, Beck, Tuch, plus whatever they opt to do with Xhekaj and Kapanen.

I don't know how the blueliners are progressing or not as I haven't seen more then 5 minutes here or there at a time but I haven't been overly impressed with any of them but at the same time it's asking a ton of them to have so many young blueliners at the same time so mistakes are going to happen and often.

So I don't know who on his staff needs to go or should stay.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It shouldn't be surprising that MSL would be back, he's for sure the right coach for now as the job he's done with Caufield, Slaf, plus Suzuki has hit an elite level. They are going to have a lot of youth incoming like Roy, Struble, Xhekaj have done this year so with a big influx next season of Hutson, Reinbacher, Engstrom, Mesar, Beck, Tuch, plus whatever they opt to do with Xhekaj and Kapanen.

I don't know how the blueliners are progressing or not as I haven't seen more then 5 minutes here or there at a time but I haven't been overly impressed with any of them but at the same time it's asking a ton of them to have so many young blueliners at the same time so mistakes are going to happen and often.

So I don't know who on his staff needs to go or should stay.
How do you know Cole, Slaf and the forwards are progressing then? Hint: cole isnt, he clearly regressed. Hope its the shoulder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad