Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Sens in unspectacular fashion. Still not clinched for the playoffs.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Can we remove the worst month of the Habs season too?

It's not a random trend that Habs best month comes at the start of the year...

Good teams, well run organizations, tend to get better over time & play their best when the competition is most fierce...

Reactions: Doc McKenna

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
When does lobster hot those low prices where you are? That’s dirt cheap!

Prices are usually pretty good in my area right from the start of the season since the season starts 2 weeks later here than in some other areas so the prices drop some before the season even opens here.

The prices though are higher than what they normally are this year so I'm not expecting to see last seasons cheap prices this season but we should see around $6 a pound and hopefully lower after 2-3 weeks so I can make up for lost time then. :)

Snow crab prices are also the highest they've ever been here in NL this year I believe @ $7.60 per pound which is a great price for the fishermen.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Prices are usually pretty good in my area right from the start of the season since the season starts 2 weeks later here than in some other areas so the prices drop some before the season even opens here.

The prices though are higher than what they normally are this year so I'm not expecting to see last seasons cheap prices this season but we should see around $6 a pound and hopefully lower after 2-3 weeks so I can make up for lost time then. :)

Snow crab prices are also the highest they've ever been here in NL this year I believe @ $7.60 per pound which is a great price for the fishermen.

Good to know for when I plan my lobster trip to your area. Crab, I’ve never been a fan, too little meat.

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Good to know for when I plan my lobster trip in your area. Crab, I’ve never been a fan, too little meat.

I bought some crab last year and most weighted about 2.5lbs each so they had plenty of meat. One local fisherman here sent out 100lbs of live lobster last season to get processed and the meat vacuumed sealed and frozen. I'm guessing they only removed the lobster meat from the claws, arms and tails and out of that 100lbs of live lobster he received about 28lbs of frozen meat back. I think you could get a better ratio out of snow crab since the shells are so thin.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I bought some crab last year and most weighted about 2.5lbs each so they had plenty of meat. One local fisherman here sent out 100lbs of live lobster last season to get processed and the meat vacuumed sealed and frozen. I'm guessing they only removed the lobster meat from the claws, arms and tails and out of that 100lbs of live lobster he received 28.5lbs of frozen meat back. I think you could get a better ratio out of snow crab since the shells are so thin.

I guess I’ve never quite ventured as intently into the world of king crabs.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I guess I’ve never quite ventured as intently into the world of king crabs.

These were snow crab but we do get a type of king crab here that no one fishes for that tastes even better than snow crab. Back in the day when fishermen would use gillnets around here they were a real nuisance for them but great eating and were plentiful and easy to get from fisherman back then but not anymore. :(

Myself and my father shelled out 15lbs of meat from these king crabs one day and boy did my hands hurt after but so worth it. :)

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Are u kidding me lol. Im wondering sometimes if some posters are watching the game instead of following stats only. Tkachuk was a train!! He can. Play 8 minutes. He can play 15 minutes. He can play 20 plays. He remain a damn train. He has one gear Crush the net. Hit everybody on the ice. Be a peesence in front of allen. kk?? Falling on the ice. Just watch the game please
Where were you last game when Tkachuk turned into Tkasuck?

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Staal shouldnt be mentionned here. Im talking about KK and tkachuk. Yeah staal is playing too much. I would like to see KK playing more minutes. Yeah i admit it. But. Its putting our head in the sand to don’t accept that Tkachuk is on another level. I talked with denis fugere (former scout LAk) pre draft 2017 during a Q game. He told me. Tkachuk? A futur gallagher at 6ft 3. I understood that time. Fugere accept to talk with me about many player for that draft. He told me. Not many scout would do it loll
Tkachuck plays on the 1st line. Every game. No matter what. Our 1st round picks. Get benched for a mistake. THIS is why we don’t develop properly. Put KK out. Feed him minutes, and if he f***s up, put him back up. But nah. We Montreal. Woot f***ing woot.

how no one sees the difference is unreal.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
These were snow crab but we do get a type of king crab here that no one fishes for that tastes even better than snow crab. Back in the day when fishermen would use gillnets around here they were a real nuisance for them but great eating and were plentiful and easy to get from fisherman back then but not anymore. :(

Myself and my father shelled out 15lbs of meat from these king crabs one day and boy did my hands hurt after but so worth it. :)
Lmao, I once shelled 30 crates of lobster by myself.

I couldn't even look at my hands after a while, it was like two murder weapons.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Tkachuck plays on the 1st line. Every game. No matter what. Our 1st round picks. Get benched for a mistake. THIS is why we don’t develop properly. Put KK out. Feed him minutes, and if he f***s up, put him back up. But nah. We Montreal. Woot f***ing woot.

They are lost in archaic management philosophies, outdated hockey ideologies and have unpractical priorities.

They would rather suck out every drop of performance to get playoff revenues rather than sacrificing a bit of the present to build a better future.

Ottawa will pass us next season.

Only Buffalo might be worst in the Atlantic

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Some do, others prefer the bliss their narrative provides

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
The Sens played tje role of bus drivers tonight, cause they brought the Habs to school.

Embarassing really. Don't know if Sens played really well or Habs shit the bed, but still a sad sad showing.

This Sens team will be really good in a couple years.

The Habs... will still be stuck in no man's land.

JackZap

May 7, 2009
The Sens played tje role of bus drivers tonight, cause they brought the Habs to school.

Embarassing really. Don't know if Sens played really well or Habs shit the bed, but still a sad sad showing.

We’ll have 5m Dano to cover Brady. We will be fine

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc

Not really worried about that, Melnyk will force whoever is the token DG at that point to sell all the valuable players right before they hit UFA.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Winnipeg beat Calgary and clinched a playoff spot. Montreal needs one point to eliminate Calgary. 3 to eliminate Vancouver.

If Montreal can get a point against Toronto tomorrow and if Vancouver loses to Edmonton again, that would do it. Montreal would clinch.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Thanks Habs.. That's 2 hours and 30 minutes I can never get back. The Sens were by far the better team and the Habs looked completely disinterested.

The Sens with 6 wins out of the 10 games against the Habs this season. :facepalm:

Reminds us - painfully - of the Red Wings sweep last season. If that had happened to some other playoff-bound team, the league might have opened an investigation.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad