Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Sens in unspectacular fashion. Still not clinched for the playoffs.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
But we have an exciting young team!

uGRGlqT.gif

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think the habs will have about a week off, before the playoffs start....this has got to help

A week would help for sure! Honestly, I can see the Habs playing very well once the playoffs start or they disappoint us. Something tells me they have more to give and the previous 3 games where they played well is more of an indication of what they can do when all engines are firing at once.

Reactions: gillyguzzler

clarke19

Feb 1, 2008
I get the negativity about this game, but we've also secured 6 out of 8 points icing a lineup that should finish last in the division over a full season.
No Gallagher, No Tatar, No Byron, No Drouin, No Price. The guys are all playing tired and shorthanded.

Someone needs to take Staal out of the lineup as a mercy though. It's clear he's just going through the motions.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Inexcusable to put out this type of putrid effort. DD had good line combos going and screwed them all up for no reason

Reactions: 1909

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
Inexcusable to put out this type of putrid effort. DD had good line combos going and screwed them all up for no reason

Yeah not a fan of Dom's decision making at all. Despite the fact that I believe the team would have been best served by drafting high and adding more young talent this year, now that were headed to the playoffs I want to make the most of it and cheer for the team, but at the same time I'm worried that any success will mean that Ducharme and Bergevin end up sticking around. Almost makes me wanna cheer against them when playoffs are supposed to be the funnest time of year. Such a shitty situation to be in as a fan when the distrust in the organization has grown to this level

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
I get the negativity about this game, but we've also secured 6 out of 8 points icing a lineup that should finish last in the division over a full season.
No Gallagher, No Tatar, No Byron, No Drouin, No Price. The guys are all playing tired and shorthanded.

Someone needs to take Staal out of the lineup as a mercy though. It's clear he's just going through the motions.

"No Drouin" helps the team. "No Price", the way he usually plays, is a neutral condition. "No Byron" is not much of a loss. We miss Gallagher and Tatar though.

clarke19

Feb 1, 2008
"No Drouin" helps the team. "No Price", the way he usually plays, is a neutral condition. "No Byron" is not much of a loss. We miss Gallagher and Tatar though.

Does no Drouin help the team when you're rolling out Frolik? And changing natural RWers to play on the left? Drouin wasn't perfect, or even very good a lot of the time, but he was at least a threat with his speed and his presence in the lineup let other guys play where they were most comfortable.

Nothing against Frolik. The guy has played just a handful of games but he's not really bring much to the table being attached to Staal.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ducharme probably has very little say in the line combos, aunt Marc up in the press box is probably the culprit.

Even if he had no say in the line combos.. he's been a coach long enough to know that when Bernard-Docker and whoever the f*** that no name Swede dude, came over the boards.. he should have been hammering them with the Suzuki line

But he just kept throwing Staal out there against them.

Jul 6, 2016
Ducharme probably has very little say in the line combos, aunt Marc up in the press box is probably the culprit.

I am sure MB has no say in the lines combo. BUT, he might talk about certain players and who might deserve or not deserve more ice time.

Lehkonen-Evans-CC was the right combo for a third line.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Even if he had no say in the line combos.. he's been a coach long enough to know that when Bernard-Docker and whoever the f*** that no name Swede dude, came over the boards.. he should have been hammering them with the Suzuki line

But he just kept throwing Staal out there against them.
I went to bed at the end of the second period, the habs weren't going to the middle of the ice against the Sens so a win or paying the price to get a win seemed unlikely. I just didn't understand the need to have Caufield playing with Danault, I mean why? It was a very boring game.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
I went to bed at the end of the second period, the habs weren't going to the middle of the ice against the Sens so a win or paying the price to get a win seemed unlikely. I just didn't understand the need to have Caufield playing with Danault, I mean why? It was a very boring game.
Probably because Ducharme thinks Danault is a scoring machine after Campbell gave a weak one to him last time.

Jul 6, 2016
Yesterday's night game was very important.

With one win , they would had put both VAN and CAL to sleep.
They would had have the same number of poins as the Jets and same number of games played.

Nothing is never simple with the Habs....

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

You'd think that auntie MB wouldn't have time as he seems to be prepping for his next gig in the re-boot of Maude, he's got the hair and the purple clothes,what's left?:confused:

MV5BNWJmNTVjZDktZTZlOS00MmJkLTg5Y2QtNGNmYjA0MjU4NDAyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: OldCraig71

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Yesterday's night game was very important.

With one win , they would had put both VAN and CAL to sleep.
They would had have the same number of poins as the Jets and same number of games played.

Nothing is never simple with the Habs....
That doesn't work, try ever instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->