Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Sens in unspectacular fashion. Still not clinched for the playoffs.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
You're just asking for some dirty looks from across the way aren't ya. :)
Then it could be a staredown.
0Ad9Rno.gif

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Danault 5 points in 19 games
KK 1 point in 15 games
Staal 2 points in 18 games

Ladies and Gentleman our Center depth!
To be fair we only score maybe a goal a game so thats 8 goals in 19 games...almost halfish?

Danault 3 points in 13 games- better give him CC to get him going...I mean to make sure Caufield gets a quality centre. :sarcasm: I mean Phil is like a selke version of Adam Oates. :thumbu:

On a side note Oates scored 45 goals in a season that he also potted 97 assists for 142 points. Often having seasons cut short from injury a PPG player +

Danault has a career 55 goals and 144 assists.

That single season made Oates almost as good as PDs entire career. We have a very very low bar of what a first line player is.

Last edited:

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
Sens are full of talent but no experience. (Build with offensive talents)
Habs are full of experience but no talent.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

well said. Habs window to win is very small now (1-2 years at best) but with that C group, can’t see them Making any type of impact in the NHL. It’s a matchup nightmare every game for the coach

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Face it folks. They're losing these last 4 games. They'll limp into the playoffs and lose in the first round. 3 plucky comebacks are nice, but it'll only go so far. This team needs a rebuild badly.

Reactions: mattyboy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
That was one of the worst Habs games I've seen in a long time.

They do have a lot of players out of the lineup and the schedule has been brutal but they didn't seem to care much last night.

This basically sets them in 4th place and a first round date with the Leafs (unless they can somehow win out :laugh: )

A Leafs/Habs playoff where the Leafs are a healthy good team against a depleted much weaker Habs team isn't exactly something to get excited about.

The Habs would get a little break before the playoffs start to hopefully help them from getting embarrassed too much.

Reactions: angusyoung

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
That was one of the worst Habs games I've seen in a long time.

They do have a lot of players out of the lineup and the schedule has been brutal but they didn't seem to care much last night.

This basically sets them in 4th place and a first round date with the Leafs (unless they can somehow win out :laugh: )

A Leafs/Habs playoff where the Leafs are a healthy good team against a depleted much weaker Habs team isn't exactly something to get excited about.

The Habs would get a little break before the playoffs start to hopefully help them from getting embarrassed too much.

Well Habbers, as Leaf fan I think we can agree on one thing. We are happy not to face the sens in the playoffs this year. They seemed to play us just as hard as they played you guys. Always a tough game. They are a scrappy young team. They are going to be in the mix for a playoff spot the next few years.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That game left me feeling thoroughly disenchanted with just about everyone, what a disgrace:mad:
Interesting timing to deploy a somewhat Buddhist like zen approach to the game :huh:

Oh, and BTW,who ever started with the Voodoo pins and dolls, stop it! STOP IT .It's not working,try it on MB or Molson:nod:

Reactions: Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
We’ll see how Sens perform when expectations are thrust onto them - Galchenyuk also scored 30G when the season was lost...

BTW, not denying Sens have a lot of good young talent.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would not be embarrassed to loose to this Sens roster. Their record does not reflect how good they are. They skate well and battle hard and they have certain pieces in place that can burn you. They are going to be a thorn on our sides for years to come

I wonder what the Sens record is when they have the lead after the 1st and 2nd this year? Cause I think we struggled against them when they score first this year. Habs opened up to try to tie the game and that's where the Sens scored more.

I'm still proud of the previous 3 games without Price, Weber, Tatar, Drouin, Byron. I think this team needs to be rested and I hope there is a gap between our last regular season game and the 1st game of the Playoffs. We need it

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Downer game after a few exciting wins. Team was lacking speed and emotion. Tkachuk's celebration should have lit a bit of a fuse but didn't.

Suzuki line is just about the only line generating scoring chances. Other lines were able to put some pressure but no real scoring chances.

Merrill - Romanov pairing really struggled. I kinda like Merrill during his first few games here but he really struggled last night. The much maligned Kulak should not be the one to pay when Weber returns.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Downer game after a few exciting wins. Team was lacking speed and emotion. Tkachuk's celebration should have lit a bit of a fuse but didn't.

Suzuki line is just about the only line generating scoring chances. Other lines were able to put some pressure but no real scoring chances.

Merrill - Romanov pairing really struggled. I kinda like Merrill during his first few games here but he really struggled last night. The much maligned Kulak should not be the one to pay when Weber returns.

Imagine this... They dug deep and battled hard in the previous 3 games to create gap between them and the Flames. Then they have a back/back against the hard working Sens and the skilled/skating Leafs. Once the Sens had the lead, I'm not sure the players had the will to close that gap like they did in previous games cause in the back of their mind, they have the Leafs on the 2nd night.

They are exhausted IMO. Other teams are as well but our road has been bumpy. Some will say it's excuses and some consider it context. Choose as you wish

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
I would not be embarrassed to loose to this Sens roster. Their record does not reflect how good they are. They skate well and battle hard and they have certain pieces in place that can burn you. They are going to be a thorn on our sides for years to come

I wonder what the Sens record is when they have the lead after the 1st and 2nd this year? Cause I think we struggled against them when they score first this year. Habs opened up to try to tie the game and that's where the Sens scored more.

I'm still proud of the previous 3 games without Price, Weber, Tatar, Drouin, Byron. I think this team needs to be rested and I hope there is a gap between our last regular season game and the 1st game of the Playoffs. We need it
Agreed. It would be great to give some rest for many of the players to get them ready for the playoffs. Just not enough healthy bodies right now. Guys like Evans, Frolik, Lehkonen, Armia and Caufield don't need a break but most other forwards would benefit from it. It would be great, however, to have everybody available for their last two games against Edmonton and finally have some set lines for two games in preparation for the playoffs.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Agreed. It would be great to give some rest for many of the players to get them ready for the playoffs. Just not enough healthy bodies right now. Guys like Evans, Frolik, Lehkonen, Armia and Caufield don't need a break but most other forwards would benefit from it. It would be great, however, to have everybody available for their last two games against Edmonton and finally have some set lines for two games in preparation for the playoffs.

I do think being rested is in the back of the minds of our management and I think being tied with the Jets sort of created hope that we can face the Oilers instead of the Leafs. So if they really do want that, I fear how much energy they will have to spend to get there. Might be detrimental to the playoffs if they are injured and exhausted.

The other thread had Leafs vs Oilers... who do you prefer? The way I see it is this..

Rested Habs vs the Leafs
vs
Exhausted Habs vs the Oilers

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
I do think being rested is in the back of the minds of our management and I think being tied with the Jets sort of created hope that we can face the Oilers instead of the Leafs. So if they really do want that, I fear how much energy they will have to spend to get there. Might be detrimental to the playoffs if they are injured and exhausted.

The other thread had Leafs vs Oilers... who do you prefer? The way I see it is this..

Rested Habs vs the Leafs
vs
Exhausted Habs vs the Oilers
With yesterday's beating, maybe they'll decide to rest up a bit and get prepared for the Leafs. Problem is... how do they rest Staal, Perry, Suzuki, KK, Anderson, Toffoli and so on tonight? Or Saturday? I would think that they want all hands on deck against Edmonton next week to finally have some set lines and have a couple of games for the injured to get back in game shape. I'd rather have "rested Habs"... it'll be tough to do it though. Call up Laval players for tonight?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
With yesterday's beating, maybe they'll decide to rest up a bit and get prepared for the Leafs. Problem is... how do they rest Staal, Perry, Suzuki, KK, Anderson, Toffoli and so on tonight? Or Saturday? I would think that they want all hands on deck against Edmonton next week to finally have some set lines and have a couple of games for the injured to get back in game shape. I'd rather have "rested Habs"... it'll be tough to do it though. Call up Laval players for tonight?

Only way we can rest players is one at a time per/game. And try to take advantage of nights off in between games but that's limited to do our tight schedule down the stretch.

I think they will do their best but I wonder if they still have the Jets on their sights. What we have seen is the youth step up with the injuries we have so yeah, I say play them more but KK should get a game off here and there.

I guess it has to be managed case by case for each player

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Not really related to this game especially, but all season long (for years really), most of the team can't seems to make pass or handle the reception of them.

My gut feelings is that the team is trying to play too fast (not in skating term but in reaction time) and the players can't keep up. The consequence of that: nobody look offensively threatening without the puck (outside a few play) which means no scoring space/line open. Opposing team just has to put pressure on the puck carrier.

End result: they use the puck like a grenade to be thrown at the net from any direction, the heat map from last night is sad.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Only way we can rest players is one at a time per/game. And try to take advantage of nights off in between games but that's limited to do our tight schedule down the stretch.

I think they will do their best but I wonder if they still have the Jets on their sights. What we have seen is the youth step up with the injuries we have so yeah, I say play them more but KK should get a game off here and there.

I guess it has to be managed case by case for each player
I think the habs will have about a week off, before the playoffs start....this has got to help

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->