Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Ottawa in 2nd game played in less than 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
This slump is also an indictment of this leadership group. At least back in the Gorges and Gionta days, there was a sense of accountability. Who is holding players accountable right now? Weber is the leader but clearly whatever he is doing isn't working, Perry has only been here for a few months and Gally is now out. Everyone is talking the talk in press conferences but they arent backing up their talk with any action and there really doesnt seem to be a sense of accountability within the organization asides from "We'll get them next time guys".
Gionta knew how to lead. There were conflicts in the room them but he managed to keep everyone on the same page.

667ekip

Apr 17, 2021
I don't get why nobody is blaming the dogwater captain we have.

Not an NHLer. Captain 1st pairing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't get why nobody is blaming the dogwater captain we have.

Not an NHLer. Captain 1st pairing.

SwIO1tP.gif

Reactions: Holystik

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Exactly, they've become so accustomed to excuses they're actually starting to believe their own crap. Every time you think they can't sink any lower they come up with a new way to completely implode.
Seattle will be a brand new team moving up built with honest intent to complete and win at all costs.
While the Habs are a rich, old, draped in tradition, franchise sinking like ship with upper management justification.
In other words. DOOMED

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Read every post had about 600 likes. The sad reality for me is I find @Doc McKenna ’s love life more intriguing than the Habs.
:popcorn:
I was part of that, might have been an instigator:naughty: but if @Doc McKenna was able to score, he was ahead of the habs lol. In all seriousness, this board has been outstanding through some very lean years for most habs fans. We make our own entertainment here and I am happy to have been a part of it just like you and so many others.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Seattle will be a brand new team moving up built with honest intent to complete and win at all costs.
While the Habs are a rich, old, draped in tradition, franchise sinking like ship with upper management justification.
In other words. DOOMED
The habs are more interested in being politically correct than they are about being competitive and winning championships. Pandering to certain groups/interests is also good for the bottom line which is probably the real objective.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I think Staal needs to go. Start there.

He's past his expiry and he's not helping us. I have no problem with the experiment but it's time to move on.
The one place where Staal can be useful is the play offs, I've heard it at 91,9. It seemed logical for me when I've heard it but to think twice it's totally illogical! Like Spock would say.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was part of that, might have been an instigator:naughty: but if @Doc McKenna was able to score, he was ahead of the habs lol. In all seriousness, this board has been outstanding through some very lean years for most habs fans. We make our own entertainment here and I am happy to have been a part of it just like you and so many others.

A recent source of entertainment has been the GTFO gif and trying to find out if @Doc McKenna is part of the Blue Man Group. :sarcasm:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The habs are more interested in being politically correct than they are about being competitive and winning championships. Pandering to certain groups/interests is also good for the bottom line which is probably the real objective.
Sad but true.
Wouldn't bother me if they went a little further and changed the name and logo. Get it over with. Already resembles and runs like an expansion team from the 90s.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Following the board is better than following the team. For sure.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I think Staal needs to go. Start there.

He's past his expiry and he's not helping us. I have no problem with the experiment but it's time to move on.

Major problem with this franchise as a whole; don’t make a decision that will make anyone look bad. It’s a franchise of total non accountability. Coach is on an interim basis, he should do everything to keep his job? Well not if the guy who would likely keep you is on the hot seat and a new GM comes in and cleans house. Unfortunately for Ducharme, he won’t make the hard decisions to bench Staal. I think in a playoff environment, Staal can be useful given his experience and style of game in the playoffs, but he doesn’t fit this teams style whatsoever.

We need a new GM so bad...

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Major problem with this franchise as a whole; don’t make a decision that will make anyone look bad. It’s a franchise of total non accountability. Coach is on an interim basis, he should do everything to keep his job? Well not if the guy who would likely keep you is on the hot seat and a new GM comes in and cleans house. Unfortunately for Ducharme, he won’t make the hard decisions to bench Staal. I think in a playoff environment, Staal can be useful given his experience and style of game in the playoffs, but he doesn’t fit this teams style whatsoever.

We need a new GM so bad...
Question: who does Dom Dom use for 4C if he benches Staal?

FYI - Habs have 1- recall left and would need to used it to call Evans up from taxi squad for 4C replacement, which means no Caufield unless there’s an injury...

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Question: who does Dom Dom use for 4C if he benches Staal?

FYI - Habs have 1- recall left and would need to used it to call Evans up from taxi squad for 4C replacement, which means no Caufield unless there’s an injury...

At this point he’s stuck. But before getting here he should have evaluated his options better? :huh:

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
So that’s a no, the coach is incapable of seeing things aren’t working before they are obvious to fans of the team. Gotcha :thumbu:
Dom Dom had Staal for what 4GP without any practices just remote video sessions, before last Monday’s deadline?

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Dom Dom had Staal for what 4GP without any practices just remote video sessions, before last Monday’s deadline?

Im not saying that he didn’t make the right call, I’m after all an armchair coach. It’s clearly not working and you’d think a coach with a game plan would notice that he doesn’t fit

Reactions: Doc McKenna

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Im not saying that he didn’t make the right call, I’m after all an armchair coach. It’s clearly not working and you’d think a coach with a game plan would notice that he doesn’t fit
I’d be shocked if we the fans see it, but Dom Dom doesn’t see that, but the point is what can he do, he doesn’t control the roster.

Sure he can give Staal less TOI, which he’s done BTW over last several games (11TOI or less), but the team is in the midst of 4GP per 6-nights to the end of the season - he can’t roll 3Cs and expect they’ll survive the grueling schedule.

Serious question: what is the alternative?

There is only one IMO, bite the bullet and use the final recall on Caufield - hope that helps the PP and manage his 5-on-5 TOI especially vs Cgy.

Reactions: Walrus26

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Yeah if it wasnt for game threads we would all be in worse shape. We still need some food pics from groove. Every terrible season deserves that.

Bad enough with covid house arrest but all you can look forward to is some banter about the small things in life. The on ice product is not worth watching, playoff bound or not. If we make the po it gives a lifeline to the maestro, i simply cant cheer for that...again.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad