Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Ottawa in 2nd game played in less than 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I did not know that Mete got one 60 point season and two 29 points seasons.... I did not notice that Mete had no shot, cannot hit a guy to save his life.....

...and yet Mete has been a + player his entire career and the guy with all those points, most being at 5 v 5, has been a - since his first full season in the NHL...and Mete is actually better at defending and at transitioning the puck; ya know, the two things we need the most on the back end...so just another hot take from you that's more just steaming garbage...on a roll, bud...:laugh:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
The senators have been giving them issues all year whether they are playing a back to back or not. When nothing changes despite several opportunities to redeem yourself, it becomes evident that the team has no answers for it.

The Sens play a similar game to Calgary, and even though the habs beat Calgary last time, it was far from convincing. Actually, when Calgary beat Montreal the last week, they were the ones playing back to back, and throughly outplayed the habs.

This isn't about scheduling, it's just a bad hockey club right now that can't figure out or doesn't have the horses to solve the neutral zone clogging.
Ok the team is dog water but still if you expected them to win less than 24hours after their last game you had some high expectations for this team

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
They can’t beat the leafs in seven games. No chance
Flame will be ahead of us offer the 3 games series.
Habs are done. No one can score. They have zero intensity. The Alberta road trip is gonna be a disaster and the nail in his coffin

I'm not saying your'e wrong. I just can see them making the playoffs and winning a series or close to it to save Bergie's job.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I think MB plan was good at first but he overplayed by trading for all these spare parts. Having Staal in the lineup over Evans, not being able to bring in Caufield because you have 3 7th D. With Staal, Perry, Weber in the lineup and the likes of Suzuki, Armia not being speedster, this team looks slow as hell and not able to compete. I really do think you replace Staal with Evans and Perry with Suzuki and you get a different feel.
No offence but reading takes like this on "Bergevins plan" for years and years.
Yawn

Psychedelic Habs

Formerly reaping souls as Death ...
Apr 24, 2014
France, Alps
Why would anyone sit and watch that entire game. I honestly don't believe anyone (not related to a player) did.

Not a question directed to me but will answer anyway since I think this is is the case for many HFers : addiction ... I know the product is most likely to be terrible yet I'm tempted to watch, need my hockey fix, my habs fix. As disgusted as I may be with MTL's last 10 years, I still need to watch a game here and there. And I Fwordin' love hockey anyway :naughty:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Ok the team is dog water but still if you expected them to win less than 24hours after their last game you had some high expectations for this team

Bruins beat Islanders Thursday, Friday and Caps Sunday at noon.
Looked great doing it.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

All I'm saying is that it was a feeble attempt, not too different from their previous two games when calgary outplayed them both games, and Calgary was the one playing b2b.

To say this game was simply a result of the tight schedule is ignoring what we have been seeing all season.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
All I'm saying is that it was a feeble attempt, not too different from their previous two games when calgary outplayed them both games, and Calgary was the one playing b2b.

To say this game was simply a result of the tight schedule is ignoring what we have been seeing all season.
Bruins just played 3 in 3 1\2 days. Against better teams. They won all three . Didn't play "tired looking" out scored Islanders and Caps 13-4.
I tell ya. The bar is so f***en low in Montreal under current management they now have some fans lowering too.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Bruins just played 3 in 3 1\2 days. Against better teams. They won all three . Didn't play "tired looking" out scored Islanders and Caps 13-4.
I tell ya. The bar is so f***en low in Montreal under current management they now have some fans lowering too.

There is no bar anymore...it's been swept under the carpet like a pile of dust...Marc the Mediocre

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
There is no bar anymore...it's been swept under the carpet like a pile of dust...Marc the Mediocre
Ha !
And he worked damn hard to become mediocre .
If the Canadiens raised the bar to where is should be.....Marc Bergevin is first to go.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Losing games is one thing, I can understand a hard fought loss. Losing because you aren't trying is another thing. The team didn't come to play yesterday and at this point, its on the players because even if the coaching decisions have been puzzling and management even worse, its the players on the ice who can control how hard they play. Right now, too many of our top guys aren't playing hard enough or taking charge and that is a big red flag.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Not a question directed to me but will answer anyway since I think this is is the case for many HFers : addiction ... I know the product is most likely to be terrible yet I'm tempted to watch, need my hockey fix, my habs fix. As disgusted as I may be with MTL's last 10 years, I still need to watch a game here and there. And I Fwordin' love hockey anyway :naughty:
I hear ya.
So now I watch real contenders with star vets and star youngsters.
I need my hockey fix too ........ the Canadiens aren't good enough for me to to get it.
:nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: Psychedelic Habs

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
This slump is also an indictment of this leadership group. At least back in the Gorges and Gionta days, there was a sense of accountability. Who is holding players accountable right now? Weber is the leader but clearly whatever he is doing isn't working, Perry has only been here for a few months and Gally is now out. Everyone is talking the talk in press conferences but they arent backing up their talk with any action and there really doesnt seem to be a sense of accountability within the organization asides from "We'll get them next time guys".

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This slump is also an indictment of this leadership group. At least back in the Gorges and Gionta days, there was a sense of accountability. Who is holding players accountable right now? Weber is the leader but clearly whatever he is doing isn't working, Perry has only been here for a few months and Gally is now out. Everyone is talking the talk in press conferences but they arent backing up their talk with any action and there really doesnt seem to be a sense of accountability within the organization asides from "We'll get them next time guys".
I think Staal needs to go. Start there.

He's past his expiry and he's not helping us. I have no problem with the experiment but it's time to move on.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Dom hasn't made the number of changes I expected and at times has not been innovative (Just look at how the D pairs are done). But it seems that he is limited by Bergy's rosters decisions and a team that is flawed. Bergevin took a team built on speed and pace (which suits Dom's system much better) and has turned us into this weird mix of young players who can play that way and old players who lack the speed to. Dom can certainly do more to help his cause but I really question how much this is on him. He can teach a system till the cows come home but it doesnt matter if he doesnt have the right players to execute it and judging by the way he wants to play, guys like Weber, Chiarot and Staal does not fit in

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I think Staal needs to go. Start there.

He's past his expiry and he's not helping us. I have no problem with the experiment but it's time to move on.
He is clearly not an everyday player at this point in his career. It seems like cap issues is limiting what Dom can do (which is on Bergy for poorly managing the cap for his coach) but still, it is clear that the lineup needs to be changed. Outside of Perry and Petry, none of our 30+ skaters have impressed me at all this season.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
No. Gallant doesn't last long on any team he coached in the past. There must be some good reasons. And gallant is gone since 5-6 years. Only Price, Gally and maybe Weber are still around.
Nah just Price. Gallant left in 2014 so realistically he doesn't have much more insight on today's roster than someone else would.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
HABS EYE ON THE PRIZE calling out Webs, Perry and Staal and 'barely' Drouin.. funny how they didn't call out Danault, Petry, or any of the other passengers on this team the last 10 games. So done with that site. Also, not a mention of just how bad Price has been lol
Petry has been awesome this season. Danault has been great defensively. Price was .920 from the coaching change to before getting hurt and missing the last six games. Makes sense they weren't called out.

Perry seems to have dropped off since we picked up Staal. To me, Staal has really made us worse. I don't think it's a lack of effort, he's simply succumbed to age.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
HABS EYE ON THE PRIZE calling out Webs, Perry and Staal and 'barely' Drouin.. funny how they didn't call out Danault, Petry, or any of the other passengers on this team the last 10 games. So done with that site. Also, not a mention of just how bad Price has been lol

Goes to show you how removed sites like that are from reality. If you want the real pulse of what’s happening, it’s here.

Reactions: Habs

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Bruins beat Islanders Thursday, Friday and Caps Sunday at noon.
Looked great doing it.
Exactly, they've become so accustomed to excuses they're actually starting to believe their own crap. Every time you think they can't sink any lower they come up with a new way to completely implode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->