Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Ottawa in 2nd game played in less than 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
??????????????????????????

Weber has really slowed down since the start of the season and don’t know what happened to Petry he must be injured.

These two need rest, especially Weber. As a Sens fan seeing Chabot with a few days rest makes him look elite vs how some teams are zombies various games this season. Energy levels and energy flow through teams has never been such a huge factor in wins and loses - you hit a cold stretch and it really makes it hard to muster up the energy to win a game, some teams are exhausted already

Reactions: Canadianhero

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
How many teams can play a second game less than 24 hours after a previous one and still play well? The old guys, Weber, Staal, Perry, even Petry probably should not play consecutive games. Younger teams may be OK with a condensed schedule but as the habs get older they are less and less suited to it. Staal probably shouldn't play at all, either.

In normal years teams do badly in the second game of back to backs. The number of back to backs affect competition as some teams have many more (habs tend to have a lot for whatever reason) and lose many of them. I don't think this year is different though there may be more cases where both teams have back to back games.

I don't think condemning the team and everyone associated with it for a second game in two nights is fair. DD looks pretty stressed, though.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
How many teams can play a second game less than 24 hours after a previous one and still play well? The old guys, Weber, Staal, Perry, even Petry probably should not play consecutive games. Younger teams may be OK with a condensed schedule but as the habs get older they are less and less suited to it. Staal probably shouldn't play at all, either.

In normal years teams do badly in the second game of back to backs. The number of back to backs affect competition as some teams have many more (habs tend to have a lot for whatever reason) and lose many of them. I don't think this year is different though there may be more cases where both teams have back to back games.

I don't think condemning the team and everyone associated with it for a second game in two nights is fair. DD looks pretty stressed, though.
We were 1000% losing this game people really shouldnt be mad about losing this one

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
To be fair if he hadn’t signed Anderson, Toffoli, Edmundson and Allen they’d be giving Buffalo a run for last place.

That's like me saying "well to be fair, if I hadn't lost 5lbs i'd still weigh 350lbs !"
It's not an accomplishement to fix 2% of a 9 years long, neverending train wreck. Sure getting started is good but unless the whole mess is cleaned, no praise should be given (i realize this isn't entirely true in the case of weigh loss)

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
BTW, Boucher said that most personel decision are the GMs, seldom the coach. So, yes, it's how it is in pro hockey.

Seems backward to me because it is, but there are other things that seem backward and yet are as well.

This would explain of course why when Briere, Parenteau and Vanek were gotten by MB, MT didn't give them the time of day. This also highlights why GMs should have a word with the coach. Not saying the Coach should dictate to the GM, but if a Coach says I won't play this guy, then what's the point ?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Seems backward to me because it is, but there are other things that seem backward and yet are as well.

This would explain of course why when Briere, Parenteau and Vanek were gotten by MB, MT didn't give them the time of day. This also highlights why GMs should have a word with the coach. Not saying the Coach should dictate to the GM, but if a Coach says I won't play this guy, then what's the point ?
The two guys, GM and coach have to be on the same page....so in this case, 9 years later, and 3 coaches, only the GM remains for some reason?
It's not because of the overwhelming results of the team that's for sure.
We have now entered into the Stupid is, Stupid does territory.
Marc, please go home...

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
The two guys, GM and coach have to be on the same page....so in this case, 9 years later, and 3 coaches, only the GM remains for some reason?
It's not because of the overwhelming results of the team that's for sure.
We have now entered into the Stupid is, Stupid does territory.
Marc, please go home...

You might give up on MB but trust me he'll never give up on us :heart:

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019

Remember earlier this week we faced Calgary coming off a back to back and got completely embarrassed?

Coming off a back to back has little to do with it, we've been horrendous all season facing other teams just as tired as us.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Ducharme really doesn't cut it, and so far, unfortunately, he hasn't been convincing, then the two names I'm the most interested in are Gallant or promote Bouchard.

But for me, selfishly, I would rather have Bouchard in Laval. The guy's born to teach. He is one of the best things to happen to this organization in the last decade or even more. But if he gets promoted, I will be very happy.

Some coaches in the league were with the AHL team first, and then when the players he had success with in the farm team start to crack the NHL roster, the coach comes up and there is that rapport and relationship and it's like a continuation of that. I know Jon Cooper had success with Tampa's AHL team, and when he was named Tampa's NHL coach, a lot of the players he won with in the AHL were now his players in the NHL. So there is continuity there.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
If Ducharme really doesn't cut it, and so far, unfortunately, he hasn't been convincing, then the two names I'm the most interested in are Gallant or promote Bouchard.

But for me, selfishly, I would rather have Bouchard in Laval. The guy's born to teach. He is one of the best things to happen to this organization in the last decade or even more. But if he gets promoted, I will be very happy.

Some coaches in the league were with the AHL team first, and then when the players he had success with in the farm team start to crack the NHL roster, the coach comes up and there is that rapport and relationship and it's like a continuation of that. I know Jon Cooper had success with Tampa's AHL team, and when he was named Tampa's NHL coach, a lot of the players he won with in the AHL were now his players in the NHL. So there is continuity there.

Gallant would be great here; knows the Organization, knows a lot of the players, and knows his shyte...and he'll never be hired and we all know why...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

If they are going to entertain the notion of promoting Bouchard so quickly, they better make sure they leave the rocket in good hands.

If Bouchard comes up, but the prospect pool development stops, you're almost back to square one with the big club, and the farm club worse off than before.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Jul 6, 2016
Gallant would be great here; knows the Organization, knows a lot of the players, and knows his shyte...and he'll never be hired and we all know why...

No. Gallant doesn't last long on any team he coached in the past. There must be some good reasons. And gallant is gone since 5-6 years. Only Price, Gally and maybe Weber are still around.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
We were 1000% losing this game people really shouldnt be mad about losing this one

The senators have been giving them issues all year whether they are playing a back to back or not. When nothing changes despite several opportunities to redeem yourself, it becomes evident that the team has no answers for it.

The Sens play a similar game to Calgary, and even though the habs beat Calgary last time, it was far from convincing. Actually, when Calgary beat Montreal the last week, they were the ones playing back to back, and throughly outplayed the habs.

This isn't about scheduling, it's just a bad hockey club right now that can't figure out or doesn't have the horses to solve the neutral zone clogging.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
HABS EYE ON THE PRIZE calling out Webs, Perry and Staal and 'barely' Drouin.. funny how they didn't call out Danault, Petry, or any of the other passengers on this team the last 10 games. So done with that site. Also, not a mention of just how bad Price has been lol

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

It was reported that after Julien was fired in Boston, he had Montreal and Vegas reach out to him. He obviously took the Habs gig. But if he opted to go to Vegas, Habs had spoken to Gallant.

So they were actually considering hiring Gallant.

Reactions: dinodebino

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It was reported that after Julien was fired in Boston, he had Montreal and Vegas reach out to him. He obviously took the Habs gig. But if he opted to go to Vegas, Habs had spoken to Gallant.

So they were actually considering hiring Gallant.

That's encouraging, but the way this organization works, I wouldn't be surprised if the plan would then be for gallant to take muller's job as associate coach. From what I recall, muller was more than an assistant coach, and had a higher salary than the typical assistant.

The head coach gig would then go to someone who speaks French, probably an internal hire.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
That's like me saying "well to be fair, if I hadn't lost 5lbs i'd still weigh 350lbs !"
It's not an accomplishement to fix 2% of a 9 years long, neverending train wreck. Sure getting started is good but unless the whole mess is cleaned, no praise should be given (i realize this isn't entirely true in the case of weigh loss)

I was being a tad facetious my friend. I can’t stand Garbagevin.

Jul 6, 2016
Yeah Weber was also not a useless pylon last year. Strange thing about players if they decline.

What's your point ? You were talking about Mete being superior to Gustafson or Merrill....

As for Weber, he is tired, injured... or just on his way down because of his age and usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad