Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Leafs.......again

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Never mentioned an extention. I believe Friedman said discussion on his future.
What Bargain Bin's future with the Habs should be:

Minionscannon.gif

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Nothing about an extention. Just talking about what lies ahead.

He's got one year left to his contract. Guy probably wants to know what lies ahead. The Molsons from way back have always rewarded their most loyal employees (I go back to Hartland).
Maybe Molson will offer him something else within the organisation, who knows!
Bergevin has been loyal over the last 9 years. I truly believe he had to work with an internal cap because of his 'reset'plan.
Until I see the contract signed, I will not presume of anything.
This piece is speculative at best. Discussing means nothing.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
They just look like a bunch of guys who dont enjoy playing hockey anymore... I would go the full re-build and sell the vets outside of Toffoli, Anderson...

Unless we have respectable playoffs, big changes will come...

Reactions: Gravity

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
They just look like a bunch of guys who dont enjoy playing hockey anymore... I would go the full re-build and sell the vets outside of Toffoli, Anderson...

Unless we have respectable playoffs, big changes will come...
That's the culture since the early 80's sadly

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
Send him a Rosetta Stone and then come whip these slackers into shape.

I would love to see Torts here but since he won't be able to speak to that 1 idiot reporter in his language, there will be protests again

expy

Nov 2, 2010
It's not just the number of injuries though... losing Bryon or Drouin, no biggie.

Losing Price hurts... a lot. And people are starting to figure that out. But to lose him AND Gallagher at the same time? And this happens with Weber playing as bad as he has and then getting hurt? I mean... :laugh:

And the thing is, even if these guys come back, they'll all be coming back right after injury into the playoffs with no recovery time. I think either way we'll get crushed now. Esp when our coach has decided that Staal is the guy to rely on late in games.
Yup. And even if Price were to play like he did in the playin last year, he'd probably have to keep that up for 28 games if the Habs wanted to actually make a run, because it's not going to be a short run if they ever do.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'll say this though, the Habs never had much offense in this era so neither Therrien or Julien had the luxury to have any sort of offense. And the team still don't. Two good Ds and a good goalie can only take you so far.
MT used Desharnais as his first line center. That was his choice. He did not have to do that... It was a disastrous decision and only the tip of the iceberg in what was wrong with him.

It's one thing to have limitations on your club. It's another thing to make those limitations worse. That's what bad coaches do.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
This team is 24-21-9 which is more like 24-30 in reality. They may make the playoffs this year bit in a regular non covid season they would probably end up finishing 10-12th in the East

All we can hope is a miracle on ice and that Bergevin get canned during the summer before the draft and free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad