Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Leafs.......again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The difference I see with the Leafs now is defensively. They have been able to score forever but now they can lock it down, even with average goaltending.

Unless I mssed it, the Habs don`t have someome to specifically work with the young centres. One defensive zone draw last night and that was the game. I know the Leafs had Manny Malhotra working with their centres.

Thought the Habs played well overall last night and still lost. The margin for error in the playoffs is usually small. To have any chance, believe they will need to win game one (as they did against the Pens last summer) and build off of that. Believe they will need all hands on deck to have a chance, including Danault who was missed last night.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Campbells rebound control is not great...would love to see Gallagher back for playoffs for the main purpose of burying those.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I think the 7year plan is flawed :sarcasm:
Maybe it has expired
It is not enough time. Look for a resign and ultra new 10 yr plan. It's like an extended warranty.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I remember when watching the Habs on a Saturday night came with a case of these. and we actually enjoyed them and had fun.
s-l200.jpg
I worked in a factory where we made those bottles, stubbies, seems like a life time ago. Wait it was a life time ago.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I will walk away from this team if Bergevin is extended. I am too old to put energy into being a fan of an organization not committed to excellence

If I lived in Texas, I’d have looked at my other options a long time ago. There are so many sport fan opportunities that it’s at obscene levels esp. when compared to Montreal.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Imagine a scenario where MB becomes team president and has the final say on any move/decision that a new GM makes? He will basically still have his old job plus his new one. If he becomes president they will probably promote Bouchard to be GM and Ducharme will stay on as head coach, MB will have 2 puppets to play with.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Imagine a scenario where MB becomes team president and has the final say on any move/decision that a new GM makes? He will basically still have his old job plus his new one. If he becomes president they will probably promote Bouchard to be GM and Ducharme will stay on as head coach, MB will have 2 puppets to play with.
And know the beauty of it....perfect PR & business spend control, all that needs to be done is assign new job titles.

Don’t need to spend a penny more (Molson), and the optics will create harmony (media & vast vast majority of fanbase except hardcore ones like here)

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
And know the beauty of it....perfect PR & business spend control, all that needs to be done is assign new job titles.

Don’t need to spend a penny more (Molson), and the optics will create harmony (media & vast vast majority of fanbase except hardcore ones like here)
And the team continues on with the "anything is possible" mantra.

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Price and Gallagher went down in April and the team tanked. I don't know what you're talking about.

We're far from a powerhouse and have huge holes. But trying to say those guys make no difference is crazy talk. As I mentioned, Price playing at his absolute worst .901 is still better than Allen has been as the starter and he was 12-7-5. And he had improved after a brutal start. Allen's like .894 as our starter or something like that.

You're seriously saying that Dannault and Gallagher would do nothing for us?

I get bashing the team. It's easy to do. But when people write this kind of shit I shake my head. You don't need to invent things to bash the team.... bash what you should bash.

Start with the coach.
It’s pretty remarkable how a moderator for this team, can’t spell Danault

Reactions: 1909 and Habby4Life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad