Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Leafs.......again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If I lived in Texas, I’d have looked at my other options a long time ago. There are so many sport fan opportunities that it’s at obscene levels esp. when compared to Montreal.
The Montreal Canadiens are in my blood. It started with my father telling me stories of Beliveau, the Rocket, Dickie Moore and so many more that it's difficult to walk away.
In Texas I have zero sports teams that I like.
I am a lifelong fan of Nolan Ryan, saw him many times in a local BBQ joint here in Central Texas.

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC
Is it too much to ask for a black hole to open up and suck everyone responsible for the Canadiens into an alternate universe where failure is revered so everyone can be happy on both sides? I don't think things can ever get better without that level of purge in this organization, it's just so bloody depressing and ingrained. Montreal is synonymous with mediocrity (at best) is good enough and we should just be grateful to watch the CH logo move around the ice.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Montreal Canadiens are in my blood. It started with my father telling me stories of Beliveau, the Rocket, Dickie Moore and so many more that it's difficult to walk away.
I am a lifelong fan of Nolan Ryan, saw him many times in a local BBQ joint here in Central Texas.

I get your attachment to the Habs. I would have personally latched on to other local teams if I lived in a city as sports rich as Texas but that’s just a personal POV. I absolutely loved Nolan Ryan too.

Reactions: Fenwick McCorsi

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If we got one I'd be ecstatic if we got one. However, knowing the Habs, we'll likely get neither and both will end up in our division (Ott and Det) to haunt us for years to come.

I can't see Ottawa getting either. They may be too good beginning next season.

Detroit. Yeah, probably.

Calgary, San Jose, Columbus, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Arizona should be in the lottery with us too.

You have to wonder if by 2023 Caps, Bruins & Pens finally falter too.

Reactions: Gravity

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I have absolutely no interest for any other team. I've been bleeding red-white-blue since birth probably. I saw so many cup wins, so many dramatic wins, covered the team for a very short but soooo memorable period, it's just impossible for me to turn away from les Glorieux. Never, ever. Till death do us part. Litterally.

Idiots will pass on through this organisation, like it has before (hello feu Irving Grundman amongst others). But it's not the people; it's the players, the logo, the HISTORY, the reason of its existence, its intrinsinc fiber woven within my culture, my being. Mon être.

Ils diront jamais tel quel aux nouvelles
Mais le tissu social de Montréal c'est de la Sainte-Flanelle
Quand y est question de hockey, nous on fait pas dans la dentelle, okay
C'est plus qu'un sport
C'est une métaphore de notre sort
C'est ça qui nous ressemble
C'est ça qui nous rassemble
Anglo, franco peu importe ta couleur de peau
Si tu détestes Toronto, le sang qui bouge dans tes artères (so true today)

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Considering the condensed schedule and the injuries (and some questionable coaching decisions) I'm not overly surprised or that down on how the team's played. As long as they try and are competitive is my focus (and that's been questionable at times).

When healthy this team is better than the last few weeks and after some needed rest before the playoffs they will be better come playoffs. Now will that be enough to go deep is a different question.

But Im approaching these playoffs in a win-win mindset. Either we win and have a shot in a weak division or we lose and the press better be red hot on Molson.

Reactions: tazsub3

Theosis

What do I put here?
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
upload_2021-5-9_12-43-5.png

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Shortened season and we started well.

Nah it's mostly the division. We are currently 18th in the league. As far as i know (outside of last year) there was never a team making the playoffs while finishing 18th in the league. Our division is uber weak. I don't think there's a single dominant goalie in our division. All the defensives are questionable at best. There's a couple of good offensives but that's about it. The only real good team in the division is the laffs and they are not really a cup contender.

We would 100% miss the playoffs in our real division. TB, Boston, Florida, Toronto, The best we would hope is finish 5th and to make the playoffs we would need to rank better than the 4th team in the metro which would not happen with the caps, pens, canes and islanders.

Things wont be easy next year if we go back to normal either. The Sens already look dangerous. TB is not going anywhere. Florida has two dominant prime players and added good depth. Boston will eventually slow down but it looks like it will take another 2-3 years if they can sign Hall they will be hard to beat again. People can laugh at the Laffs as much as they want if it makes them feel better but they have a better team. One of the strongest top 4 forwards in the league. Their depth is better this season. Defensive and goalie are questionable but that's not our forte either.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I get your attachment to the Habs. I would have personally latched on to other local teams if I lived in a city as sports rich as Texas but that’s just a personal POV. I absolutely loved Nolan Ryan too.
It’s individual dependent and in my case very hard to do. I’ve been gone from Mtl for most of the last 22-years but can’t watch any other NHL team but Habs. I have watched a combined half an-inning max of MLB since Expos left for Washington.

Loved going to Yankees stadium. Fenway, Wrigley etc - used to do road trips to follow Expos games but zero interest in following those teams or MLB or rest of NHL for that matter.

Once Habs season ends, so does my attention to NHL

To each their own..

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
At least McDavid hit 100 points against the Canucks last night so Bergevin won't also have that stain on his Habs GM tenure.

If I were the Oilers I'd tell McDavid to just stay home and rest up and not have him travel to Montreal to play in these 2 meaningless games for the Oilers. The same goes for Drai.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have absolutely no interest for any other team. I've been bleeding red-white-blue since birth probably. I saw so many cup wins, so many dramatic wins, covered the team for a very short but soooo memorable period, it's just impossible for me to turn away from les Glorieux. Never, ever. Till death do us part. Litterally.

Idiots will pass on through this organisation, like it has before (hello feu Irving Grundman amongst others). But it's not the people; it's the players, the logo, the HISTORY, the reason of its existence, its intrinsinc fiber woven within my culture, my being. Mon être.

Ils diront jamais tel quel aux nouvelles
Mais le tissu social de Montréal c'est de la Sainte-Flanelle
Quand y est question de hockey, nous on fait pas dans la dentelle, okay
C'est plus qu'un sport
C'est une métaphore de notre sort
C'est ça qui nous ressemble
C'est ça qui nous rassemble
Anglo, franco peu importe ta couleur de peau
Si tu détestes Toronto, le sang qui bouge dans tes artères (so true today)

You never liked the Expos? Or the Als in the 70s?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Every fan is the same in some respects. Certain sports and clubs get in your blood and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. One only has to look at the long suffering Cubs fans who in some cases wore their ineptitude as a badge of honor. The Red Socks were the same until they broke their curse. As much as I love football and used to love baseball it didn't approach Hockey AINEC.

Reactions: Tyson

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Don't recall that incident. Anyone have a clip of this? As there ever been a fine for tripping before?

There have been a few fines for tripping before. Although I don’t think Edmundson should have been fined for his trip.

Reactions: sheed36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad