Post-Game Talk: Habs lose nail-biter to Sens in OT, 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would not waive Alzner before Schlemko or Weber are healthy again and ready to play. But you can leave him in the stands for sure.

They have options in recent NHL players they've acquired, who are fermenting in the AHL. Kulak could step in right now. Olofsson just came back from injury, so he'll need more time.

Jul 6, 2016
Byron said that the team was "tired"... After only 7 games ? Geez, I don't want to see them after 25-40-or 60 games....

But it shows that smaller teams like the Habs could and will get tired faster than bigger ones. That is what I was forecasting to happen . Hot start but the fuse will burn out quickly after.

Reactions: BLONG7

Jul 6, 2016
They have options in recent NHL players they've acquired, who are fermenting in the AHL. Kulak could step in right now. Olofsson just came back from injury, so he'll need more time.

If they call Kulak, they will hve to put him thru waivers when Schemko and Weber are back. We can all live with Alzner in the stands. Don't we ?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Byron said that the team was "tired"... After only 7 games ? Geez, I don't want to see them after 25-40-or 60 games....

But it shows that smaller teams like the Habs could and will get tired faster than bigger ones. That is what I was forecasting to happen . Hot start but the fuse will burn out quickly after.

just a hunch but I think it's more teams that have to give every ounce of themselves to create scoring chances off of the forecheck and by outworking the opposition for 2nd chances that's causing them to be tired. When I saw how fast they play and how hard they play in the first few games, I wondered how long they could keep it up for. Teams with star players may not be under as much pressure to have their foot on the accelerator day in and day out over 82 games.

Reactions: BLONG7 and bsl

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Realistically all of Schlemko, Benn and Alzner should be out of the lineup when the team is healthy.

Weber-Reilly
Mete-Petry
Ouellet(or another AHL player)-Juulsen

Schlemko, Benn and Alzner had their chance last year and blew it. They are all 30 years old and in the situation were are in right now we should be looking at options for the next 3-5 years. Kulak, Lernout, the czechs, ...

I think its safe to say that neither of those guys has a long term future left in montreal. Other than alzner, they all have short term contracts, and they are all presumably on their last contract with this club.

While I put schlemko ahead of alzner, I still only see him as a 3rd pairing guy with perhaps 2nd unit PP time.

Alzner isn't NHL level anymore.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If they call Kulak, they will hve to put him thru waivers when Schemko and Weber are back. We can all live with Alzner in the stands. Don't we ?

Don't agree. Alzner is a sinkhole and doesn't fit in the team's system. He's waiver fodder. As soon as Mete returns, it would be the best time to waive him.

Schlemko can probably be traded as soon as he's back, not saying he's worth much but some team might value him enough to cough up a mid-round pick.

The thing about Kulak is that he can be a regular as third pairing -- he doesn't belong in the AHL.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

looks like MB's and CJ's excuses are rubbing off on the team,

we have a long history of playing well above our heads, and beyond our means or capabilities in the month of October,

this year is no exception, its all smoke and mirrors to this point, the schedule has also been on our side so far,

by the time Christmas and the new year rolls around we will be right back where we belong, out of the playoff picture,

that is when the boys are seperated from the men,

Last edited by a moderator:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Alzner has to get waived when someone gets healthy right?

We should definitely only go with 7 d, given the glut of useful forwards. So when Schlemko and Weber come back, if everyone is healthy, for me it's Alzner and either Benn or Ouellet or Schlemko that get waived, but definitely Alzner.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We should definitely only go with 7 d, given the glut of useful forwards. So when Schlemko and Weber come back, if everyone is healthy, for me it's Alzner and either Benn or Ouellet or Schlemko that get waived, but definitely Alzner.
Those 3 guys can still get a late pick imo. Alzner is the only one with negative value.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sure, wait for a returning D to waive Alzner. That only delays the decision by a few weeks however, let's see this GM own up to his mistake-signing and do what the Rangers had the good sense to do.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Congratulations on turning Charles Hudon into an imaginary literary figure. In reality he's NOT the guy you say he is -- at least not yet -- because he hasn't actually accomplished any of those things on a regular basis. Your argument reads like a character study for a scriptwriting class, not an analysis of a hockey player.

"He's NOT the guy" is an argument I would expect from a 5th grader.

His first goal this year was in Pittsburgh, exactly that situation.
His second goal this year against ? (Pittsburgh?), exactly that situation.

Your post is ridiculous, I guess you don't like being called out for your crap. Sorry.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
"He's NOT the guy" is an argument I would expect from a 5th grader.

His first goal this year was in Pittsburgh, exactly that situation.
His second goal this year against ? (Pittsburgh?), exactly that situation.

Your post is ridiculous, I guess you don't like being called out for your crap. Sorry.
:laugh: Tell me more about Hudon's invisible mental qualities and talents that don't show up anywhere except your imagination.

Something is going on in Hudon's mind that's not going on in the rest of the teams mind. That's what makes him essential.

When Hudon's powerful mind summons his dragon to help on the forecheck I will concede you're right.

Last edited:

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
It is amazing how quickly this forum turns after a loss.

one or two wins or losses should not sway anybodies opinion as to what this team really is, a bottom feeder,

we have played well above and beyond our expectations and capabilities so far, but we have a long history of doing that in the month of October,

by the new year we will be where we belong, well out of the playoffs,

LOL @ people getting excited because we are keeping pace with the leafs.....its a long season folks

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

What?

They're tired because they come out of the gates like mad men and drain themselves out, losing focus when they're trying to keep up the pace in the 3rd period.

What does playing 25 games have to do with anything?

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
Why? What do we need cap space for? If anything, send him to the minors to try to get up to speed, if he ever can. Or trade him to another team in desperate need of warm bodies and retain sone salary. He is pretty useless, but I’d prefer to keep our 2nd pick.

huhhh? My comment was in response to the person who said, 'of course it had to be Stone" In the past, more often than not, it was Jean-Gabriel Pageau with the opportunistic goal that sank the Habs - this time, it was Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad