Post-Game Talk: Habs lose nail-biter to Sens in OT, 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
True, but do you remember the players that Streit and Hemsky were signed to replace?

That's a separate issue. MB's atrocious decisions to nickle and dime Radulov and Markov were already made. I just evaluate the Streit and Hemsky signings based on the day they were made moving forward. Both cost us nothing.

For reference, the Fleischmann signing ended up, along with Weise, getting us Danault and a 2nd. I love the idea of signing cheap UFAs to 1 year deals. If they perform great and you keep them, great. If they perform great and you sell them at the deadline for futures like Danault and a 2nd, even better. If they suck and you bury them in the minors, absolutely no cap hit, no problem.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Another angle of the totally brainless play by Alzner that led to this goal:

PaIJLBd.gif
That is beer league bad. I watched some of the game last night and I could not get over Alzners skating, he is one of the slowest guys in the entire league. I hope that was his last game in a habs uniform.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
That's a separate issue. MB's atrocious decisions to nickle and dime Radulov and Markov were already made. I just evaluate the Streit and Hemsky signings based on the day they were made moving forward. Both cost us nothing.

For reference, the Fleischmann signing ended up, along with Weise, getting us Danault and a 2nd. I love the idea of signing cheap UFAs to 1 year deals. If they perform great and you keep them, great. If they perform great and you sell them at the deadline for futures like Danault and a 2nd, even better. If they suck and you bury them in the minors, absolutely no cap hit, no problem.
Or you could just draft and develop your own picks and not have to rely on these types of players on a yearly basis to try and fill holes in your lineup that should not be there.

Reactions: PaulD

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Or you could just draft and develop your own picks and not have to rely on these types of players on a yearly basis to try and fill holes in your lineup that should not be there.

Most good teams are made of a mix of drafting and trading/ufa signings. But glad we have Timmins to make good use of the picks we've gotten recently when we didn't make the playoffs (Galchenyuk, Sergachev, and Kotkaniemi) and all the other prospcets (Poehling, Lehkonen, Hudon, Ghetto, Ylonen, Ikonen, Olofson, Mete, Juulsen, Brook, Fleury, etc...

But it's nice when Bergevin chips in some additions like Reilly, Petry, Danault, and Byron. Too bad we can't add Radulov to that list.

Reactions: OldCraig71

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It's still loss on me how a loss is unnecessary, considering the state of the team.

Losing still shouldn't be a problem.
Not positive but I think his point is this. If Byron was put on the ice instead of Arnia...... Stone does not score . Montreal does.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That is beer league bad. I watched some of the game last night and I could not get over Alzners skating, he is one of the slowest guys in the entire league. I hope that was his last game in a habs uniform.
Ready for Beer league player in a Canadiens uniform on Saturday night. Not just any GM can pull that off. :laugh:

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
It's still loss on me how a loss is unnecessary, considering the state of the team.

Losing still shouldn't be a problem.
I just like the way this team is playing and would like to make the playoffs. Tanking is the furthest thing from my mind right now. Our coaching has been good overall but they have made some questionable decisions and have been sticking with a few things that are clearly not going to work. If we are going to win games and try to make a playoff push then I would like the coaches to do everything possible to get that full 2 points every game. If this team collapses and crashes later on in the season well I just might stop caring and start hoping for a good tank like last season.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I just like the way this team is playing and would like to make the playoffs. Tanking is the furthest thing from my mind right now. Our coaching has been good overall but they have made some questionable decisions and have been sticking with a few things that are clearly not going to work. If we are going to win games and try to make a playoff push then I would like the coaches to do everything possible to get that full 2 points every game. If this team collapses and crashes later on in the season well I just might stop caring and start hoping for a good tank like last season.

The coaches are doing very well, all things considered, the roster being the first that comes to mind. That's why I don't get the nitpicking. This team will definitely hit some major sour patches. And the earlieness of all this.

Maybe I'll change my tune after two solid months, still, I ain't expecting much.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
On the contrary, Hudon is exactly that guy that gives you a goal when the other team is dominating, thus changing the momentum back. Like it or not, Hudon is an essential part of this team having any hope for a good season.

You don't see that ability in the eye test.
You don't see it in the stats.
Hudon is essential? Lol..what?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What happens if we make the POs?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Lehkonen had 18 goals as a rookie. He managed 12 in 66 games last year when the entire team sucked. This year he has 5 points in 7 games.

Eller is a Stanley Cup champion, so we can only hope Lehkonen becomes another Eller.

So I have no idea what you’re talking about.

And joe Bloe Vachon was a Stanley Cup winner. How the f*** does that matter?

I bet your favorite player was Ian Bullis.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Was at the game and all I can say Alzner is awful, Kotkaniemi is a beauty he really need more playing time and Julien OT strats of playing not to lose made me $450 profit on a 250$ bet.

I’d have to check but in the 2nd period it seemed Kotkaniemi hardly had any playing time.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Was at the game and all I can say Alzner is awful, Kotkaniemi is a beauty he really need more playing time and Julien OT strats of playing not to lose made me $450 profit on a 250$ bet.

I’d have to check but in the 2nd period it seemed Kotkaniemi hardly had any playing time.

CJ OT strategy is obvious, just try to run out the clock and hope Price wins the shootout,

CJ knows we can't compete with most teams 3 on 3

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
CJ OT strategy is obvious, just try to run out the clock and hope Price wins the shootout,

CJ knows we can't compete with most teams 3 on 3

This is one of the reasons Bergevin's hard-on for trading Galchenyuk wasn't well thought out. Chucky is money in OT. He's one of 4 players tied for the highest OT goals scored in a regular season. With Toews, Stamkos and after last season, Marchand.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
And joe Bloe Vachon was a Stanley Cup winner. How the **** does that matter?

I bet your favorite player was Ian Bullis.

It matters because you speak as if he as the plague when in reality he is an ideal 3C on a Cup winner. He wasn’t a passenger, he was a difference maker (in case you didn’t watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->