Post-Game Talk: Habs lose nail-biter to Sens in OT, 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It's the playoffs young man...you dont get too far without all kinds of different types of players. It's a team game. See how far yo get with a bunch of lines filled with Hudon. Or even Toews. You need that mix. We dont need another midget who doesnt do a damn thing if he isnt really gonna produce, and its not like Hudon produces. Fine AHL player though, with a french name that everyone around here has to love. He'll be your next Desharnais.
Well I don't want to fill a bunch of lines with Hudon. I just want him part of one line.

How does Hudon not produce? He has a better production rate than most 99% of our players usually.

Ooooooh, a Desharnais joke! So original! I'm sure every player you've rated highly has been fantastic! Why aren't you making money for your hockey opinions?

@Teufelsdreck I think you forgot words! :P

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
He’s looked fine. The Price of the past may be gone but he’s looked good outside of a few shots this season. The team is going to go threw funks. We’re not very good.
You readily accept that the “Price of the past may be gone” when the guy makes over ten million a year?? Wow you’re expectations aren’t too high are they. I actually do not have much faith that we will see Price return to form, maybe ever again. Of course I hope I’m wrong but let’s just say I wouldn’t bet ten million dollars on it.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You readily accept that the “Price of the past may be gone” when the guy makes over ten million a year?? Wow you’re expectations aren’t too high are they. I actually do not have much faith that we will see Price return to form, maybe ever again. Of course I hope I’m wrong but let’s just say I wouldn’t bet ten million dollars on it.
Do you even have 10m$ to bet? Lol

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
With this embarrassingly smallish line up we will start noticing the Habs wear down soon. Bigger teams have that advantage. I am not sure why we are the only team who can’t find good players with decent size. This is going on 20 years now.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It matters because you speak as if he as the plague when in reality he is an ideal 3C on a Cup winner. He wasn’t a passenger, he was a difference maker (in case you didn’t watch)

That helps being "an ideal 3C" when you are on a great team. But in the case of the Habs we expected more because they were an offense black hole. Sooner or later the same thing will happen to Lekhonen, I just don't think he's Top two lines material. As soon as we realise this, we won't have to trade him like Eller.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Haven't read all posts and coming in late. Price allows another soft one allowing the Sens back into the game (2nd goal). Keep it simple Price! You tried to block a potential pass and left the short side wide open. Price plays the % and is a very smart goalie but I think sometimes he over thinks the game.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
That is the problem.
I'm way passed the “I'm satisfied with just being entertained stage. I want to ****ing win goddammit. Enough of this **** already.
This is the first time we have an actual entertaining team in ages and you are already tired of it? It's only been a few games ;)

Last edited:

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
This is the first time we have an actual entertaining team in ages and you are already tired of it? It's only been a few games ;)

If all you want is entertainment, go to your local rink and watch a midget team play for free,

in the NHL the goal is to win the cup,

Has MB really demoralized everybody to the point where "As long as its an entertaining team, it's okay?" :rolleyes:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Price plays 80% of the game on his knees, that is the problem,

If he was on his feet and just stood still that second goal doesn't go in

I'm not a goalie so I'm not sure how that applies to how he can be at his best based on his skills. However, I do think he over thinks the game sometimes. I'm guessing here cause those soft goals are a concern of mine. He's been much better this year but for a guy who took our team to the cleaners on his current contract, he needs to eliminate the soft goal concern of mine before I call him a top 5 goalie again

At least Subban was able to live up to his contract that he forced on us. Put up or shut up is what I say to those types of players who go for max deals. The extra pressure that comes with this is on them!

Reactions: habsgirl5000

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
I'm not a goalie so I'm not sure how that applies to how he can be at his best based on his skills. However, I do think he over thinks the game sometimes. I'm guessing here cause those soft goals are a concern of mine. He's been much better this year but for a guy who took our team to the cleaners on his current contract, he needs to eliminate the soft goal concern of mine before I call him a top 5 goalie again

At least Subban was able to live up to his contract that he forced on us. Put up or shut up is what I say to those types of players who go for max deals. The extra pressure that comes with this is on them!
He's looked awful, I honestly feel more confident with Niemi in nets at this point. Like an above poster mentioned, habs will start wearing down soon and injuries will start to mount, we are too small as a group. Teams have had a chance to review tape now and will prepare better for us, its really downhill from here, which is good because if we get anywhere near the playoffs this year we are really screwing our chances of eliminating this cycle of mediocrity we have lives in for what? 20 years now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's looked awful, I honestly feel more confident with Niemi in nets at this point. Like an above poster mentioned, habs will start wearing down soon and injuries will start to mount, we are too small as a group. Teams have had a chance to review tape now and will prepare better for us, its really downhill from here, which is good because if we get anywhere near the playoffs this year we are really screwing our chances of eliminating this cycle of mediocrity we have lives in for what? 20 years now.

I don't think he looks awful. But I do think he needs to limit the soft goals cause they kill team momentum.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So...time for a new goalie coach? He could get a boost from a change there.

I don't see a new goalie coach happening when Waite was the guy we hired back when and Price turned his game around. Waite is well respected within the organization and I don't see them letting him go anytime soon.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Haven't read all posts and coming in late. Price allows another soft one allowing the Sens back into the game (2nd goal). Keep it simple Price! You tried to block a potential pass and left the short side wide open. Price plays the % and is a very smart goalie but I think sometimes he over thinks the game.

How many soft goals has Price allowed so far this season? I count 2. The first against L.A. and the one the other night against Ottawa. Can you tell me any goalie that hasn't let in a soft goal this year? I'm okay with his play so far this year. It hasn't been elite but it has been very good.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I use awful because if hes the top paid goalie in the league, i expect performance to match. Something is off with him, he's lost his edge mentally, its just not it chief

Can't argue with you that much cause I agree with you with expectations based on his contract. Right now, his stats are not terrible but nowhere near the top of the league where he should be. Habs have no exposed him either

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How many soft goals has Price allowed so far this season? I count 2. The first against L.A. and the one the other night against Ottawa. Can you tell me any goalie that hasn't let in a soft goal this year? I'm okay with his play so far this year. It hasn't been elite but it has been very good.

Agreed. I just remember the 2nd goal against the Sens and not many others. But my standards are high for Price and he's been OK but not great. His contract should result in great numbers though. It's hard to do a proper evaluation at this stage cause even a guy like Bob has bad stats at the moment. It's still early yet and we need to let the high scoring to start the year settle before we see where Prices falls in goalie stats.

I don't expect Price to steal games for us too often. But I do expect him to at least be a year after year top 10 goalie and to limit the soft goals. A reachable goal for him and his abilities for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad