Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Carolina

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Time to bring up Xhekaj, so he can whoop that punk ass Noesen next time we play against them
On D or the wing................get this kid back in the lineup, asap...............I wouldn't bother with Noesen though, take a look at Aho though, nothing wrong with giving him a nice legal hard nosed hit.....

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Remember when we all thought MSL was a breath of fresh air? He is the same as all the other coaches. Team is soft, not, committed and don't stand up for one another. Nothing to be excited about going forward.
New coach.........
1703881163723.png

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
On D or the wing................get this kid back in the lineup, asap...............I wouldn't bother with Noesen though, take a look at Aho though, nothing wrong with giving him a nice legal hard nosed hit.....

Why not both?
Or use inbred Noesen as a weapon to club former Habs Aho?

Reactions: BLONG7

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
There is a difference between not being perfect and absolutely struggling. Barron is killing Guhle due to his tire fire play. He needs to figure it out in Laval and gain confidence. That's what Laval is for. When you are struggling over a prolongued period (months) you need help.
I thought Guhle looked bad himself last night. It wasn’t all Barron.

What were your expectations for the season? Maybe that's the real issue for people in here struggling to cope during the holidays instead of being merry.
I’m plenty merry, the Habs aren’t an exciting team to watch and they haven’t been for about 15 years.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Best deterrent for cheap shots and runs at people, when you're small and soft?

A strong PP.....looks like that's a long ways away.

Better bring up Wifi.

Reactions: jrom

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This was equivalent of Motormouth getting run last season and same... no response from anyone. Same shit. Disgusting.
I get the impression that this management team may be done with Xhekaj. I still don't get the demotion when he isn't the only young D struggling defensively. There are 31 other GM's salivating at the thought of having a player like Xhekaj.
I am not a fan of this management team.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I get the impression that this management team may be done with Xhekaj. I still don't get the demotion when he isn't the only young D struggling defensively. There are 31 other GM's salivating at the thought of having a player like Xhekaj.
I am not a fan of this management team.
Preach brother. Why is it every time Habs fans finally have a player they are really excited about it's either the coaches or the management that have an issue with him. Sigh. If they lose Wifi I truly may take a long overdue break from this team. There is NOTHING exciting to watch at this point. Zero.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Preach brother. Why is it every time Habs fans finally have a player they are really excited about it's either the coaches or the management that have an issue with him. Sigh. If they lose Wifi I truly may take a long overdue break from this team. There is NOTHING exciting to watch at this point. Zero.
I feel the same
Habs always stressed toughness from the days of the Rocket, John Ferguson, the 70's teams with very tough players that could play. The 85-86 team was as tough as any team ever assembled. I am not sure why toughness is now frowned upon over the past 15 years.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I feel the same
Habs always stressed toughness from the days of the Rocket, John Ferguson, the 70's teams with very tough players that could play. The 85-86 team was as tough as any team ever assembled. I am not sure why toughness is now frowned upon over the past 15 years.
Because the team was rarely able to acquire players with toughness and skill. So I think we're used to any tough players usually being plugs, plus we have needed offensive skill badly as well so I think that just got prioritized over other areas. I don't think anyone's frowning upon toughness, people are just fed up with the scrubs

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Jesus Christ why are people blaming Slaf. for someone running him.
This was a case of payback for a number of hard hits on the Canes starting with Matheson on Seth Jarvis.
The reality of this league is if you lay on the lumber you'd better have players who have the mentality to either dissuade or respond to the push back.
We clearly lack enough of those assets to do either.
Why? Good Lord, he put himself in a very vulnerable position milliseconds before impact, it's like he expected the player to let up.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Why? Good Lord, he put himself in a very vulnerable position milliseconds before impact, it's like he expected the player to let up.
I don’t see it that way.

Last year he got rocked several times because he wasn’t paying attention. This year he seems to have corrected that mistake.

Last night it looked like a play where he was aware of the player coming in but was willing to take a hit to make the play. What he was not expecting was a headshot. That was a highly hit to the head. In my opinion it was suspension worthy and I was disappointed that it wasn’t called for a penalty. Dirty hit.

Reactions: Andrei79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad