Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Carolina

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I think the being stuck in between is taking a toll. We've decided to try and eek out as many points as possible with the little talent we do have. The problem is the product is still very inferior. Meanwhile we see a parade of talent pass us by going to teams who already have more talent than we do.
The "Oh it's okay it's a deep draft " doesn't cut it and it feels like we have blown our opportunity to rebuild properly.
Nailed it. I've posted a medium-length comment on here earlier about the feeling of a doomed or stuck rebuild but it was immediately dismissed by the handful of power-users here who insist everything is fine and rebuilds are meant to take 7-10 years. Regardless of whether that's true or not (I hope it isn't), the feeling today is the Suzuki-Caufield core did not get improved upon (they remain the two best players in the organization) and we are therefore not just soft as hell but underskilled and undersized too.

Kent Hughes and Jeff Gorton have so far taken a lukewarm path. Nobody likes lukewarm. We are neither tanking nor building a team. Hughes could’ve acquired help to replace Dach+Newhook -- any serious team would seek to replace two top6 players taken out if they intended to accomplish anything that season -- he could've called up some scoring talent like Roy on a temporary basis and inject some impetus while we struggled… nope. He’s still rolling with three goalies ffs!

He might end up revealing himself to be more conservative and afraid than his predecessor. And the shrimpuff roster he's assembled and drafted... which ones of of Slafkovsky, Mesar, Hutson, Beck, Reinbacher seem like the "playoff tough" type and are built like a playoff tough type?

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Jesus Christ why are people blaming Slaf. for someone running him.
This was a case of payback for a number of hard hits on the Canes starting with Matheson on Seth Jarvis.
The reality of this league is if you lay on the lumber you'd better have players who have the mentality to either dissuade or respond to the push back.
We clearly lack enough of those assets to do either.

I’m not blaming Slaf but he has to understand he has to become the guy other players are mindful of. Otherwise he will spend his career watching out for nobodies taking easy runs at him.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Last year when Anderson hit Pietrangelo from behind there were 5 Golden Knights on him instantly.
The way the team responded to the Slaf hit is downright disgraceful especially from the Captain who did nothing.

It's a recurring theme with this organization. The Mclaren - Zednik hit , the Pacioretty hit , Kreider on Price , the humiliation against the Bruins when Carbo decided to not dress Laraque and i could go on and on

This org is too "PG" while it should be more Rated R. When that kind of stuff happens you need to answer there and now...not 10 mins later with a staged fight between 2 4th liners or even worse not at all.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It's a recurring theme with this organization. The Mclaren - Zednik hit , the Pacioretty hit , Kreider on Price , the humiliation against the Bruins when Carbo decided to not dress Laraque and i could go on and on

This org is too "PG" while it should be more Rated R. When that kind of stuff happens you need to answer there and now...not 10 mins later with a staged fight between 2 4th liners or even worse not at all.
I think this mindset is continuing for sure

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Don't get the urgency to get Harris in the lineup at the expense of Heinemen.

Hitting is still permitted in the NHL right,so Slaf, be more attentive and react accordingly.

Armia could have been sent down to keep Heineman up, Harris should have no impact on Heineman playing.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Elliotte Friedman rightfully ripping the team for the lack of response to the Slaf hit.

He's right. They were gutless.
I don't get it. Our players delivered three hard hits during this game and the Canes did nothing to respond in the moment. They did look for their chances to deliver payback and Slafkovsky ended up being the target. He didn't realize there was someone near him and he was watching his pass and boom! It was a dirty hit, the elbow was up and Slaf felt it. What exactly could a 5 foot 4 Caufield do? Or Suzuki for that matter? We sent Xhekaj to the minors to "work on his game" and teams will take liberties, this is what we get as a result of the actions of management.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
[Used-car Salesman Taps Roof of Slafkovsky]
Oh, this baby can eat 5, 10 headshots a season no problem. He's always good to go.
Imagine making fun of a guy getting some headshots and NOT missing any time with concussions for any of them..

I wonder how much worse and bragadocious you'd be if he was out for weeks after each hit.
*smh*

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Remember when we all thought MSL was a breath of fresh air? He is the same as all the other coaches. Team is soft, not, committed and don't stand up for one another. Nothing to be excited about going forward.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Remember when we all thought MSL was a breath of fresh air? He is the same as all the other coaches. Team is soft, not, committed and don't stand up for one another. Nothing to be excited about going forward.
Right… and they are fitting for a playoff spot when everyone sold them before the year started.

I think MSL is doing fine. KH needs to get him a top talent up front though.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
It was a retribution hit for the Jarvis takedown.

Habs were down a goal with 5 min left it was not the time to be stupid and goon it up.

Arber being there changes nothing the hit is made regardless

Elliotte is full of shit and hates the Habs.

Hang in there @The Real Timo

:teach:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He's different, he has no system and hates having one. At least the last few games I watched there was some kind of game plan on the ice. Not sure I recognized a whole lot vs the Canes though.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Nailed it. I've posted a medium-length comment on here earlier about the feeling of a doomed or stuck rebuild but it was immediately dismissed by the handful of power-users here who insist everything is fine and rebuilds are meant to take 7-10 years. Regardless of whether that's true or not (I hope it isn't), the feeling today is the Suzuki-Caufield core did not get improved upon (they remain the two best players in the organization) and we are therefore not just soft as hell but underskilled and undersized too.

Kent Hughes and Jeff Gorton have so far taken a lukewarm path. Nobody likes lukewarm. We are neither tanking nor building a team. Hughes could’ve acquired help to replace Dach+Newhook -- any serious team would seek to replace two top6 players taken out if they intended to accomplish anything that season -- he could've called up some scoring talent like Roy on a temporary basis and inject some impetus while we struggled… nope. He’s still rolling with three goalies ffs!

He might end up revealing himself to be more conservative and afraid than his predecessor. And the shrimpuff roster he's assembled and drafted... which ones of of Slafkovsky, Mesar, Hutson, Beck, Reinbacher seem like the "playoff tough" type and are built like a playoff tough type?

Here the state of the rebuild = WE DON'T HAVE A SINGLE CLUE.
And it truly sucks.

Is this rebuild with Evans or Dvorak or even Monahan as a top 6 center?
No but that's ''the rebuild'' all of you are evaluating right now.

The rebuild is with a big and tough, 3rd overall, 6'4'' Top 6 center who was playing like a beast before getting hurt and he's backing up Suzuki's line and taking pressure off that line and make 2 dangerous line that have to be check. But we can't see that this season. That's a giant piece.

Newhook is also one but to a lesser extent since he doesn't bring as much as Dach does in terms of the rebuild.

Caufield, Dach, Suzuki, Guhle are pretty much right now the biggest pieces of the rebuild on the team.....since the beginning of last season, they have been on the ice together for around 15-20 games.

We can't judge the rebuild yet.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't get it. Our players delivered three hard hits during this game and the Canes did nothing to respond in the moment. They did look for their chances to deliver payback and Slafkovsky ended up being the target. He didn't realize there was someone near him and he was watching his pass and boom! It was a dirty hit, the elbow was up and Slaf felt it. What exactly could a 5 foot 4 Caufield do? Or Suzuki for that matter? We sent Xhekaj to the minors to "work on his game" and teams will take liberties, this is what we get as a result of the actions of management.
Wrong guys on the ice at that moment.....................this is why we need The Sherriff either on D or as a 4th line winger.....

Reactions: OldCraig71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad