Post-Game Talk: Habs lose game #2 to Calgary but will win on Monday

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Would have been nice if we were stacked with young talent and sucked. At Least we would have a future to watch. Been screaming for a rebuild for 15+ years now. Tired of this team.
Wish they moved them out of Quebec at this point and away from the media and politics to be honest.

Instead of moving the team, let's just bring back the nordiques, who'll be useful as an escape valve for the linguistically obsessed. They can even rename them Le National if they please.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I’ve been calling for a rebuild the last 5 years. I’ve been all in for it. When I see overpaid veterans and plug in players , you have no direction
This team isn’t rebuilding now. Molson said so

I’ll gladly lose for 3-4 years to be the leafs. Gladly. And don’t use their playoff record. They’re 20x the team we are

And Istanbul was once Constantinople

They might just not have a choice in the matter. If they can't cut it in the North, imagine what it will be like when things get back to normal and we play way more often against la crême of the league, with 82 games to crash down even further in the standings after a hot start, quite possibly losing core players (Danault, Tuna) this summer, Weber, Price and Petry all above 34 years old. It ain't gonna be pretty unless we snag a miracle worker behind the bench or a miracle trade or signing for some elite talent on D.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Analysing their play, I don t think it was premature, they have been a bad team saved by their performance against VAN since the start of the season.
I believe this is partly Molson s fault : you want to manage the GM s incentives. Bergevin is desperate, wants to contend now with a team not ready for it. when he traded Pacioretty, he should have traded Weber and Price (or not sign him to this contract in the first place).
So you have a GM with no real vision and perverse incentives, that s a bad cocktail for success !
I've made bets with friends, around the mid-February mark, we would miss the playoffs. I've got many pitchers of beer and drinks on the line, once the restrictions ease up in Quebec. Let me tell you our group chat went from GIFs of beers flooding it to frustration and indifference.

1. Every season, we have an amazing start (around 12 games).

2. Our play then falls off a cliff (it started beginning of February, with little to no injuries to blame for this re-occurence).

3. Chiarot-Weber as a first duo on defense has to be one of the worst in the league. It was evident the coaching staff would live or die with that duo.

4. We wouldn't remain injury-free for the entire season. Schedule is too condensed and luck was going to run out.

5. Inexperience at C position: Even I could not predict our centers would struggle to produce the way they're struggling now. I saw KK outscoring Suzuki this season. Wrong.

6. Injury to Price: For all the shit he takes from fans, he is able to steal games. He was so dominant during last year's playoffs he made our defense look great. His play this season seemed strange, and nobody here will be able to pinpoint why. All this to say I knew my chances were slim if Price remained healthy, as I was confident he would return to form. But alas, he's not there to salvage this season.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nobody said that because Allen has been better than Price this season.
Allen has been great. But when we stopped sheltering him, his numbers tanked.

It's hard keeping decent numbers behind bad teams, esp when you are used in harder opposition. For all the talk of Allen being great (and I think he has been great) his numbers are sub .900 since taking over the starter's role.

Being a backup vs being the starter are two very different things.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
AWWY.gif

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
So we have 10 games left, and Calgary has 9 games left.

If we lose the next one against Calgary, they would be 2 points back with 1 game less to play.

If they go 5-3 the rest of the way (which isn't crazy), they would have 57 points

If we go 4-5 the rest of the way (which looking at our upcoming schedule is not crazy either), we would also have 57 points, but they would have more wins, so they would be ahead of us.

It's really not that hard to fathom that they could pass us.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Such a pathetic dreadful team now, thanks again Marc!:clap: you heaping pile of shit. You and your ''loyalty'' tirade has really paid dividends hasn't it. Molson has been loyal to you yet you show loyalty to selective players and not the ones you should have:rant:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Hockey is unpredictable and things can change game to game. This team might win 3-4 in a row and make the playoffs over Calgary but I think that we can all agree that the team has holes and will fall short because of it. We dominated Vancouver early on and we got off to our usual hot start, giving us hope that this year was different but nope, still the same. This team is in for some rough years and a real rebuild has to take place, Price, Weber and others will have to go.

If a new GM comes in and repeats what MB has done then things will remain the same. We need a big cleanout, a colonoscopy that goes right through the organization. Go Habs.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Can anyone come on in and throw that pompom brightness on the habs. What is our last 10? 3-7 as bad as teams with 10+ points less than us. So even though they have bad records its because they are bad teams. We are getting there though. I think we only have 1 win in the last 6. Pretty terrible and they aren't even able to make OT for a BS point, unlike the start of the season.

We have had a 'few' injuries this year, but honestly hasn't even been that bad. Weber AGAIN! Price AGAIN! Gally AGAIN! Armia...not a major loss but says a lot about this team if he was. And a game here and there by a few other players. Plus a benching for Tatar, Byron getting waived-what a half dozen times?? Drouin getting "injured" now for 2 games. What am I missing. Anderson for a game?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So we have 10 games left, and Calgary has 9 games left.

If we lose the next one against Calgary, they would be 2 points back with 1 game less to play.

If they go 5-3 the rest of the way (which isn't crazy), they would have 57 points

If we go 4-5 the rest of the way (which looking at our upcoming schedule is not crazy either), we would also have 57 points, but they would have more wins, so they would be ahead of us.

It's really not that hard to fathom that they could pass us.

Vancouver were 10 points back with 5 in hand. Now they're 8 points back with 5 in hand. If they manage 6 points out of 10 with their games in hand, they'll also be 2 points back of the habs, albeit with the same number of games left as the habs.

Van and Calgary have a shitload of games against each other to top it off, and if they are tight games, we're looking at a lot of extra points.

The outlook for the habs is bleak.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Hockey is unpredictable and things can change game to game. This team might win 3-4 in a row and make the playoffs over Calgary but I think that we can all agree that the team has holes and will fall short because of it. We dominated Vancouver early on and we got off to our usual hot start, giving us hope that this year was different but nope, still the same. This team is in for some rough years and a real rebuild has to take place, Price, Weber and others will have to go.

If a new GM comes in and repeats what MB has done then things will remain the same. We need a big cleanout, a colonoscopy that goes right through the organization. Go Habs.

Gonna have to be a major colonoscopy with all the works cause everyone in the organization seems to have their heads up their own butts.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Ducharme is just so.... useless lol. Every time I watch him in these press conferences his answers just make absolutely no sense and he's running out of ways to deflect criticism about the way the team is playing.

It's amusing.

If I was him I wouldnt take blame either.
Inherited a garbage team with no skill in the line up or in the system, no decent #1 or 2?center and no pmd cept Petry.

Im repeating myself, but come on man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad