Post-Game Talk: Habs lose game #2 to Calgary but will win on Monday

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
There's no elaboration. He replied saying he doesn't want to slander the guy, right after saying he's such a walking dumpster fire he shouldn't be allowed around the prospects lol. So since he can't express himself or isn't willing to explain what he disagrees about, we'll never know. It would be pretty easy for him to have just not shit talked him and instead express what he thinks is important in player development and let us draw conclusions but I guess being inflammatory is better. So weird coming from the show that insists everything Habs needs to be positive and that media is always the unsubstantiated villain.

He was asked his opinion about JB and he gave it. He elaborated without going into specifics. He said some of JB tactics were ok for guys who have been around like him a 30yr old nhl vet but not appropriate for prospects. That’s pretty clear to me, I don’t specifics to respect his opinion.

You might not like his take but why would he lie or make crap up. He has first hand knowledge that gives him a lot more credibility than posters on here.

I like JB, I also think Weise did the right thing not exposing internal matters he saw as a player. He was truthful and respectful, good on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Maybe start hiring competent people who actually know how to GM instead of hiring someone based on if they can speak French.
The root of the problems................get the best candidate available.....not the best candidate to placate the media.
If he can speak some french, hey a big bonus.......The GM might meet with the media 2-3 times a year.
Getting the best people for the job, has to be a given, but it hasn't been, and.......................here we are.
9 years of ineptitude from Mol$on and Bergevin.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
No, they’re simply a tough matchup for Habs w their style of play. There aren’t enough big & strong Habs forwards able to play that grind it out style, including the two young Cs who’ve failed at driving plays consistently up the middle and forcing possession in the Ozone.

It’s why games are not lopsided vs Leafs, Edm or Jets (except 1 anomaly) as they are regularly vs Cgy - the former play a more open ice skating game vs Cgy forces game play along boards & in the corner
It really does seem like Calgary just has our number. Sutter just seems to be outdueling Ducharme with every decision. If we beat the leafs on Wednesday and finish strong, these Calgary games mean nothing for this year.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
The root of the problems................get the best candidate available.....not the best candidate to placate the media.
If he can speak some french, hey a big bonus.......The GM might meet with the media 2-3 times a year.
Getting the best people for the job, has to be a given, but it hasn't been, and.......................here we are.
9 years of ineptitude from Mol$on and Bergevin.

1000%.

Just win baby, all that matters.

Reactions: BLONG7

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Agreed!! Our current owner is just too busy to even bother with the team.....very sad. Mol$on'$ catch phrase is more like Just make Money Baby!!

Owner won’t change but it’s clear to me they need a total overhaul, gm, scouting, coaching staff.

I’ve been more patient with MB than most on here but it’s time for new blood. I agree with some on here that call for a total rebuild, burn it to the ground and start over.

Not really excited about the prospects nor the core that are there to support them. Tank hard imo, enough of middle of the road but they won’t go that route.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Owner won’t change but it’s clear to me they need a total overhaul, gm, scouting, coaching staff.

I’ve been more patient with MB than most on here but it’s time for new blood. I agree with some on here that call for a total rebuild, burn it to the ground and start over.

Not really excited about the prospects nor the core that are there to support them. Tank hard imo, enough of middle of the road but they won’t go that route.
People for years, said the same about the Leafs, and it was just not the case. The Habs are now the Leafs, just kidding themselves with a guy like Mol$on and Bergy saying they can compete, while doing a re-set. Someone with more talent than Bergy may have been able to with our core, but he couldn't and now more than ever needs to be held accountable.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC
He was asked his opinion about JB and he gave it. He elaborated without going into specifics. He said some of JB tactics were ok for guys who have been around like him a 30yr old nhl vet but not appropriate for prospects. That’s pretty clear to me, I don’t specifics to respect his opinion.

You might not like his take but why would he lie or make crap up. He has first hand knowledge that gives him a lot more credibility than posters on here.

I like JB, I also think Weise did the right thing not exposing internal matters he saw as a player. He was truthful and respectful, good on him.

I never said he was lying or making things up, I implied that even though he played in the NHL that maybe his views on how a coach should handle prospects could be wrong. Weise was a good hard working soldier, doesn't mean it translates to other aspects. He believes he's right, and that's fair opinions are opinions and he had a very strong one based on his comments. He's evidently wrong to an extent by default if he thinks that Bouchard's tactics don't work with the kids to the point Weise thinks he shouldn't be there: the kids are doing very well down there, there's plenty of highlights, wins and the team looks alive and playing together for each other and their bench boss. Insinuating the guy with the best AHL team humming along is detrimental to his players is a hell of a take, so people ask him to elaborate because they are curious of his view point. A vague mention of tactics and repeating that he shouldn't be allowed near the kids does nothing to justify the inflammatory remark.

I've personally only heard positives about Bouchard so it would have been interesting to know what he disagrees with, and there's way to do it without exposing anything internal, for example: don't open up by immediately implying Bouchard is utter garbage. Perhaps instead he could've gone with "In my time there, I did not always agree with his approach to the game, I think for kids additional focus on X,Y,Z is a good thing. That said they are doing well so we'll see how it goes". There, just explained his viewpoint, explained why he thinks that way, no slander just a difference of opinion. Instead he opted for the far harsher "don't let him anywhere near the prospects".

Again, he's allowed to share what he wants to share or not, but he shouldn't be surprised when people ask him what the hell he's on about.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
My impression was the the Penguins just wanted to go home.

Was definitely my impression too. Specially Malkin. Hands down the worst performance by him in playoffs since the beginning of his career. And it's not like he's a guy used to disappear in playoffs like Tatar the guy was a monster in playoffs thru all his career.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It really does seem like Calgary just has our number. Sutter just seems to be outdueling Ducharme with every decision. If we beat the leafs on Wednesday and finish strong, these Calgary games mean nothing for this year.

They means a lot. If we lose the next game no matter what happen it will be hard to draw a 100% positive conclusion to this season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Traded from both the Rangers and Lightning since Bergevin has been GM, so yes. Twice.
According to van media Benning specifically targeted him. Some say it was more of TB in cap hell but they had made a move prior and JT was being wasted behind the rest of their core guys.
RIP, finished it for you.:thumbu:

I was reffering to this past offseason, he was emreffering to the past several years.

Apples and oranges, different conversations.

Reactions: angusyoung

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I never said he was lying or making things up, I implied that even though he played in the NHL that maybe his views on how a coach should handle prospects could be wrong. Weise was a good hard working soldier, doesn't mean it translates to other aspects. He believes he's right, and that's fair opinions are opinions and he had a very strong one based on his comments. He's evidently wrong to an extent by default if he thinks that Bouchard's tactics don't work with the kids to the point Weise thinks he shouldn't be there: the kids are doing very well down there, there's plenty of highlights, wins and the team looks alive and playing together for each other and their bench boss. Insinuating the guy with the best AHL team humming along is detrimental to his players is a hell of a take, so people ask him to elaborate because they are curious of his view point. A vague mention of tactics and repeating that he shouldn't be allowed near the kids does nothing to justify the inflammatory remark.

I've personally only heard positives about Bouchard so it would have been interesting to know what he disagrees with, and there's way to do it without exposing anything internal, for example: don't open up by immediately implying Bouchard is utter garbage. Perhaps instead he could've gone with "In my time there, I did not always agree with his approach to the game, I think for kids additional focus on X,Y,Z is a good thing. That said they are doing well so we'll see how it goes". There, just explained his viewpoint, explained why he thinks that way, no slander just a difference of opinion. Instead he opted for the far harsher "don't let him anywhere near the prospects".

Again, he's allowed to share what he wants to share or not, but he shouldn't be surprised when people ask him what the hell he's on about.

Great you heard positives, he was there and his opinion differs from yours. He could be wrong but so could you. I don’t know which one is correct but I tend to lean towards a guy who was in the room. Btw - he never implied he was garbage, you are exaggerating and putting words in his mouth that he did not say.

He was straight forward, honest, and elaborated as much as he felt comfortable. He didn’t insinuate, he clearly stated he wouldn’t want JB near prospects, fair enough, good on him, I respect his opinion.

Time will tell.

Last edited:

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Bergy stated that the team can play any way they want, I believe Bergy is misinformed ,because the habs fans want the team to play like actual championship contenders, which they have not been in the last 3 decades and counting, realistically probably stopped being real contenders in 1980.,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad